- 42 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Hours
WELL MAINTAINED - VERY "INVITING"
As you walk down the dock Sandcastle has that crisp & clean look that most 1989 boats just do not have. Now step below...and you will see the same story!
Home to her full time cruising owners for the past 9 years, she has seen her share of Caribbean destinations. Her owners are reluctantly "swallowing the anchor" and hope to find a caring Captain and Admiral to continue the Sandcastle saga. You will find the boat ready to go again now. Her maintenance and caring attention to detail will impress you!
Please allow us the opportunity to introduce you to "Sandcastle" today!
- Starting forward, there is an ensuite master head stateroom. The shower is a separate stall, has a teak seat and a door providing access to the anchor locker. The head is to port aft of that, with the sink to starboard. There is storage behind the head, below the sink, and in a mirrored medicine cabinet above the sink. Headroom in this space is 6'2" Moving aft into the master stateroom the headroom increases to 6'5". There is a Pullman double berth on the port side that is 78" long. The hull sides are finished in ash battens. Across from the berth on starboard is a wall of storage with a dressing seat in the middle. Behind and above the dressing seat is a cedar lined locker and there is storage beneath the seat. To the right is a large cedar lined locker and to the left of it is a stack of drawers. Above and across all of it is an open shelf space. There are doors between this cabin and the head as well as the salon. As you move aft into the salon, you will find an L-shaped settee and an island settee with a drop-leaf table between them. Pot and pan storage is in a pair of drawers beneath the island settee; beneath as well as behind the L-settee is even more storage. A fiddled shelf is above the settee, with ash staving along the hull side; louvered lockers and another shelf are above that. The backend of the L-settee serves as the aft-facing nav seat. The chart table is generously sized for chart books and has storage beneath it. Electronics and electrical controls are to the right as you sit at it and there are three drawers beneath it. The salon area features a generous 6'7" of headroom that will work for most. The linear galley is located on the starboard side of the hull. There is a tremendous amount of counterspace for food prep, with the deep double SS sink angled and located forward. Continuing aft there is the gimballed stove, followed by a large 6.8 cubic ft. refrigerated icebox. Beneath the counter is a locker beneath the sink and eight drawers. Above and behind the counters is a microwave and sliding door fronted storage - and lots of it. Behind the galley is the second head. There is a stainless steel sink with a pull-out shower wand. A mirrored medicine cabinet is above the sink and head and locker space is below the sink. The entire space is bright and easy to wipe down. The identical guest staterooms are located aft on either side of the companionway steps. Each features a changing seat with a cedar lined hanging locker behind it and shelf storage above. A shelf runs along the hull side, which is finished with ash battens. The berths are 6'6" long and 54' wide at the shoulders. Ventilation is always a concern in aft cabins and Catalina has solved this with and overhead hatch and two opening ports. All teak surfaces are in excellent condition and well cared for. Owners are proud of their home and it shows!
- Galley runs full length of salon on the starboard side. Exceptional storage capability and countertop space. Adler Barbour 12v top loading refigerator/freezer Hillerange 3 burner propane stove/oven Microwave oven Pressure water system Double S/S sink Built-in dish storage (9) Drawers, (4) Hullside lockers Wine glass rack Spice rack Under counter cabinetry Hatch over for good ventilation Two 20# propane tanks
- Instruments are pod mounted at helm Raymarine ST4000+ Autopilot Garmin 126 GPS @ helm Furuno 16 mile radar Raymarine ST50 wind, depth, speed & direction Electronic charts for computer programs ICOM 802 SSB radio w/ AT -140 auto tuner (2004) ICOM 401 VHF radio (2007) Command mic @ helm LG Television w/ DVD player Dual CD/AM/FM stereo w/ cockpit & salon speakers Ritchie 5" compass
- (3) AGM 4D batteries Heart Freedom 2000 watt inverter/charger (2008) 12V (DC)/ 110V (AC) system (2) Kyocera 285 watt (totoal) solar panels 2- 50' 30 amp Marinco dockside electrical cables 50 to 30 amp pigtail
- Bilge pumps: (2) Automatic, (1) Manual Spectra 168 gal. per day watermaker (re-furbished 2010) Feathering Max prop Racor fuel filters Good spare parts inventory BC fire extinguishing system
- Deck & Cockpit
- Ground tackle: 45# CQR anchor w/ 140' 5/16 chain& 50' rode, 45# Bruce anchor w/ 100' 5/16 chain & 50' rode, dinghy anchor Maxwell electric windlass Dodger/ bimini with connector panel (NEW 2012) Dodger handrails Dodger window cover Cafe companion doors & hatch boards Cockpit table w/ cup holder (2) New cockpit cushions (2010) Cockpit shower Bosuns chair Mast climbing harness Jack lines Caribe L9 RIB dinghy Yamaha 2 stroke 15hp OB motor OB motor mount Propane BBQ Lifesling system Emergency tiller (6) Life jackets, (2) SOS type Walk-through stern to swim platform
- Sails & Rigging
- Furling mainsail (NEW 2010) Genoa (NEW 2009) 2 Spinnaker halyards Standing rigging replaced in 2010! Lewmar 52ST primaries Mainsheet traveler All lines lead aft through stoppers
- Additional Information
- FRESH BOTTOM PAINT 10/2012. NO BLISTERS! All manuals and tech notes on board
- Owners personal items not listed here are not a part of this sale. The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of this vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyers desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Available for co-brokerage on a 50/50 basis. Brokers outside of Florida contact office for details. LISTED BY A CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL YACHT BROKER. click for more info