- 50 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
This custom one of a kind high performance 50 foot power Aircat Catamaran was built as a 50 seat passenger ferry and used only one short season. She is powered by twin diesel Yanmar 900 hp engines which make her fly with a potential top speed of 46 knots in calm waters. She is a multihull planning configuration with her hulls jet assisted (air cushioned) with fans and auxiliary Yanmar engines which make her sit high in the water while underway. Although currently configured as a passenger ferry, there are many adaptive reuse options for her. She could easily convert to a fishing charter vessel, harbormaster vessel, port security, event charter, booze cruise, live aboard, etc. It cost approximately 2 million dollars to build her.
Why not start a passenger ferry business this year?
- Vessel Walkthrough
- As you come aboard at the transom, you will find an open area for standing room, a large lazarette locker for life vests and port and starboard hatches to the engine rooms below. There is a large overhead hanging net for additional life vests, etc. As you walk forward you will pass rows of seating until you reach the cockpit area. There are additional storage lockers in the cockpit area which features two chairs for captain and crew. In the bow area you will find the large fans powered by the auxiliary Yanmar engines. There is a hatch with ladder on the bow center line providing access to the expansive foredeck area.
- Electronics & Helm
- Compass GPS VHF
- 24 Volt, 2 batteries charged by engine & shore power
- Engine Details & Mechanical Equipment
- Twin Yanmar Diesel 900 hp engines, model 8SY-STP (2300 rpm). Fresh water cooled Reduction gearing (2) ZF 500A, 1:1767 Arneson ASD12 out drives Two 5 blade 32.7 inch surface piercing propellers Twin Yanmar fan diesel 100 hp engines, model 4JH3-THE (3800 rpm) Fans are twin 27.457” static pressure Steering by wheel Ten electric bilge pumps
- Broker's Comments
- This passenger ferry is truly a unique offering for commercial use or as a live aboard adaptive reuse. She received U.S. Coast Guard Certification in the past and comes with a Final Technical Report by the Office of Naval Research. She is an air cushioned catamaran with low vertical acceleration, low resistance, high speed, high payload fraction, fuel efficiency, shallow draft, etc. She is constructed of e-glass/Core-Cell foam. She was designed for fast, short runs between land masses. Although there is no head, there is ample space to add one or two in the stern area.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.