- 48 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
This gorgeous, very lightly used Tayana 48DS provides a level of style,
accommodation and craftsmanship rarely found today.
Her exceptional build quality and capacities delivers an elegant yacht that is perfectly suited for any ocean. While her sail-plan and systems make her a breeze to shorthand sail in any waters.
Powerful and fast, this beautiful yacht offers an exquisite value and a noted pedigree.
- Utilizing the same Robert Perry hull as the standard T48, Rob Ladd incorporate a deck saloon designas well as other rigging and aesthetic refinements to the existing deck geometry, to create this beautiful 48DS yacht for Tayana. Besides creating extra fuel and water tankage, this sleek, modern raised house design creates a feeling of airiness, while increasing interior light and providing beautiful exterior visibility while seated in the main saloon. Additional features unique to the T48DS, are rounded aft cabin top and removal of redundant block mounts to tidy up the aft deck. This is beautiful vessel a "must see" if you are considering a vessel of this class.
- General Layout Main salon, Nav station & galley are mid ship with a large Master en-suite stateroom aft. Guest suite has separate head & shower in the bow. High quality teak joinery and craftsmanship is found throughout. CE/S SS opening ports with screens and factory made screens on all hatches. Halogen ceiling lights, courtesy lights and 110v & 12v receptacles are throughout all cabins. Hanging lockers and large cabnets are found throughout. All cabinets are quality classic louvered construction design. LAMP push button latches used on all cabinets. Splendide Comb-o-matic 2000 washer dryer in the Guest Suite hallway. Main Salon Spacious beautifully appointed main salon surrounded with 7' long x 18" high side windows and forward front windows that open for ventilation. The main salon has a large dinette teak table to port surrounded by settee seating on three sides. You find a matching long settee to starboard. 20" Sharpe TV with Pioneer DVD/CD/VHS/AM/FM/XM stereo system . The 12v music system incorporates a Pioneer DVH-P 5000MP Multi-Disc CD/DVD Controller. Pioneer DEQ-P800 Multi-Channel AV Processor and Pioneer 200 Watt Power Amp. Polk five speaker surround sound speakers are located in the main salon with additional speakers in the Master Stateroom. The main salon & galley area is cooled/heated by a high capacity reverse cycle16,000 Marine Aire heat pump. The mast is enclosed by teak closet. All cabin doors are equipped with Security Locks. You will find absolutely great visibility around the ship when at anchor or underway. Nav Station Nav Station to starboard includes a Raymarine IL250 Chart Plotter with Fish Finder Sonar and Icom IC-502 VHF. Galley Spacious galley to port side with extensive counter and cabinet space, large double SS deep sink w/cutting board, built-in Sharpe Warn & Toasty Toaster Oven - Microwave, Force10 Gourmet range/oven/broiler. Top loading and front loading Refrigerator and Freezer compartments each have separate Grunert 12v refrigeration units and can be used interchangeably. The galley area has excellent ventilation by three overhead opening ports a multi-speed fan. Engine Room Walk-in door entrance is from the galley. High Tech Heat & Sound Insulation interior. FireBoy automatic fire suppression system, insulated sink & plumbing, dual engine room fan system, Dual Racor 550MA filters, and of course 75 HP 4JH3-TE Yanmar Turbo diesel and Westerbeke 5.7 kW Diesel Gen Set. Seven access doors around the engine room. Master Stateroom Suite Larger private well ventilated Master aft stateroom with queen-sized bed custom made Deluxe 8 ½" mattress, three standup locker cabinets, five locker cabinets, two extra-large bedside compartments, extra-large double aft locker. Master head features an electric SeaLand Vacuflush fresh/sea water head , large mirror, a walk-in shower with teak/Lexan door, excellent cabinet space and ventilation. Guest Stateroom Suite Large suite with a thick queen-sized mattress, library shelf, 2 hanging lockers, ten drawers and large above bed & under bed storage cabinets. Large Lewmar hatch and four port windows provide excellent ventilation. Guest Bathroom Forward bow guest head has large standup shower and semicircular smoked teak/Lexan shower door, ten cabinet storage lockers , large chai n locker with self-flaking primary chain.
- REFRIGERATION: Grunert independent compressor, top & front loading doors FREEZER: Grunert with top & front loading doors GIMBALED STOVE: Force 10 Gourmet Propane 3-br w/oven & Broiler & Counter cover MICROWAVE: Sharpe Warm & Toasty toster oven and microwave SINK: Deep double SS insulated GROHE Euro Plus Wand faucets in galley & lavatories WATER SYSTEM: Pressure H&C WATER HEATER: 11g 120v/engine heat WASHER/DRYER: Slendide 2000 Comb-o-matic OTHER: Spice rack
- RADAR/CHART PLOTTER: Raytheon Pathfinder RL80 CRC 10" color LCD in c ockpit with 24" 4 kW radar dome mounted on radar post at transom GPS: Raystar 120 WAAS W/Seatalk DGPS AUTO PILOT: Raymarine ST6001 COMPASS: Ritchie Globemaster Powerdamp Raytheon heading sensor fluxgate DEPTH SOUNDER: Raymarine ST60 INSTRUMENTS: Raytheon ST 60 Depth, Wind Machine and Speed, Raymarine Rotary Sensor Rudder Angle Indicator Windex 15 on mast TV: 20" Sharpe Aquos LE-20E1U
- BATTERIES: 4) 4D house 1 4D Seavolt AGM 200 for Eng & Genset starting BATTERY SWITCHES: 4) Guest + Maxwell Circuit Breaker BATTERY MONITOR: Link 2000 ELECTRICAL SYSTEM: Newmar 110v & 12v panel VOLTAGE REGULATOR: Balmar Digital Duo INVERTER/CHARGER: Mastervolt Mass Combi 12/2500-100 INTERIOR LIGHTING: Alpenglow w/red Nav Aqua Signal white/blue Nav desk Cantalupi: 21) UFO halogen ovrhd, 7) Ragno halogen extendable wall lights All Chromium Brass finish DOCKSIDE CABLES: 50' 30 amp GENERATOR: Westerbeke 5.7 kW model M673M (22.5 hrs) w/remote and control monitor
- Sails & Rigging
- SAILS: Main (fully battened) on Leisure Furl-In-Boom Roller Furl System Genoa on Profurl Elite Roller Furler Staysail on Profurl Elite Roller Furler TYPES OF SAILS: UK Halsey MAINSHEET TRAVELER: Lewmar aft of cockpit ROLLER FURLING: Leisure Furl-In-Boom w/Spectra halyard & line Profurl Elite Titanium Headstay & Staysail WINCHES: Lewmar Ocean 2) #54's for Genoa, 2) # 44's for Staysail, 2) #44's on Cabin Top (1 Powered), 2) # 44's on Mast ROPE CLUTCHES: 7) Lewmar on Canin Top BOOM VANG: Garhauer rigid MAST: Selden w/ Spartite boot system, keel-stepped Safety SS rails P&S STANDING RIGGING: SS w/swaged fittings LINES LED AFT: Yes OTHER: Garhauer air blocks, Schaefer, Lewmar, Running backstays SAIL AREA: 1,378 sq. ft.
- Performance Indicators
- D/L 241 B/D 33% SA/D 20.6 Comfort 34.5 Capsize 1.77 L/B 3.3
- ANCHOR: Plow 44# CHAIN: 200' 3/8" chain ANCHOR WINDLASS: Maxwell V2200 dual direction - deck buttons BOW ROLLERS: Twin SS w/rigging stem plate NAV LIGHTS: Masthead, Aqua Signal, Steaming light DECK LIGHTS: Perko Forward LIFELINES: Vinyl coated SS GATES: P & S & stern RAILS: Solid teak caps SWIM PLATFORM: Step & ladder PULPITS: Solid teak seats at stern, SS radar mast on starboard OTHER: Offshore dodger, Factory screens for ports and hatches, Full enclosure Sunbrella, plastic & screens, Custom mesh screen for cockpit and salon ports DECK MATERIAL: Fiberglass w/gray non-skid OTHER: SS dorades, Cockpit cushions
- The 75 hp Yanmar Turbo-Intercooled provides excellent power and speeds of 8-9 kts. AIR CONDITIONER: 16,000 BTU reverse cycle Marine Aire - in main salon BILGE PUMP: Rule 1500 + backup safety switch FIRE EXTINGUISHING: FireBoy E2541 Auto suppression system FUEL FILTERS: Dual Racor 550MA FUEL SHUT OFF: CO detector hard-wired, Rule alarm system, Seaward solenoid HEAD TYPE: Master -Sealand fresh water Vacuflush, Guest - Raritan manual saltwater flush HOLDING TANK: 25g + 8g gray water HEATER: See Reverse cycle A/C PROPELLER: Bronze 3-bladed 19RH11 STEERING: Raymarine Type 2 Linear drive Whitlock Cable, Classic Destroyer wheel TRANSMISION: Yanmar KM4a Clutch OTHER: EM water lubricated Dripless Shaft seal
- Additional Equipment
- Force 10 BBQ, Fenders & Dock Lines
- LIFESLING mounted on stern bracket Life Jackets Flares
- Ta Yang builds their yachts tougher than cobs. They have lead the way in Taiwan since the beginning and continue to be one of the finest yards. The layup schedule uses mat and woven rovings and ortho-phthalic resins. An isopthalic gelcoat is sprayed on all exterior fiberglass surfaces. Interestingly, they use PVC cored hull construction in these days of solid glass. PVC insulates, strengthens, and lightens the hull. And with quality workmanship makes a solid shell that protects the core. The deck used to be high end grain balsa and now synthetic Balsatek. All deck hardware areas are reinforced using encapsulated marine grade plywood. Deck hardware is through bolted using stainless steel backing plates. There is not a molded liner in sight. An eggrate-like matrix of longitudinal and transverse foam cored stringers maximizes hull stiffness. The skeg mounted rudder has an internal stainless steel rudder post and integral stainless steel reinforcement secured with a bronze shoe.
- Designers Comments
- The design target for the Tayana 48 was to produce a boat that would outperform the competition in this size range in both boat speed and interior volume. This began with a comparative process not unlike the type used by designers designing racing yachts. Hull proportions were studied along with interior layouts in order to produce a hull that was not entirely based upon getting the maximum number of cubic feet into the allotted length overall. The general hull form features overhangs on the short side for a long useable sailing length. The sections show moderate deadrise running from the forefoot to just aft of amidships where it begins to flatten out. All deadrise is gone at the transom. Beam at the waterline (BWL) is generous for good initial stability. Beam aft is moderate insuring that the 48 will not show distorted asymmetry when heeled that can lead to wicked helm situation and a boat with two personalities. The rig is positioned well forward in this design. This does two things that work to the cruisers advantage. It creates a rig that is forgiving in terms of helm balance and the need to reef in order to keep the boat manageable in a breeze. This boat has the power in it's stability to be pressed hard and you can't take advantage of that without good helm balance. This mast positional also results in the mast being lined up with the main bulkhead which opens up the main saloon space and makes strong chainplate attachment easy. The interior is available in either a three stateroom or two stateroom layout. Numerous optional arrangements are available as are further customizations to the existing layouts. Headroom is excellent in this design due to the deck configuration. My association with the Ta Yang yard goes back to the third fiberglass boat I ever designed, the venerable Tayana 37. The detailing is clean and the joiner work is excellent. A new 48 shows just how far this Taiwanese yard has come in the last 20years. .
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.