- 38 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
This is a MUST SEE! "Mojo" has a very roomy and well-planned interior layout that has it all: U-shaped dinette, separate shower stall, and large U-shaped galley. She has been lovingly cared for by her knowledgeable owners and is ready to go anywhere now! **With ONLY 1368 hours on a recent Yanmar, bimini and dodger, recent SS fuel tank, inverter and charger. NEW bottom in 2002 with a blister-free guarantee, this very fine example of the hard-to-find Panda 38 represents a fantastic vessel at a great price.
LOADED WITH: Raymarine E80 chartplotter, radar, wind generator, autopilot, Xantrax inverter, and 16,000 BTU air conditioning!
The Panda 38 is one of the best Blue Water designs in its size. The constuction is all hand laminated FRP with 24oz. woven roving. The Yanmar diesel was installed in 2000, and currently has 1368 hours. The bright work and teak decks show the care and character built into all Panda's setting them apart from the rest. There is a large attractive Owners Cabin forward along with a generous Head and Shower. The Salon is Midship with plenty of room to stretch out or entertain.The Galley is oversized and U-shaped with plenty of counter top and storage space.The woodwork below is in beautiful condition and the Bomar hatches and 12 opening Port windows insure plenty of light and ventilation.
- Accomodations and Galley
- The Panda 38 has a warm and inviting interior with superior joinery and detail few boats come close to. Forward is the main berth that is extremely spacious and comfortable. The new mattress forward is custom made with a split in the middle from front to rear so the mattress can "hinge up" to gain access to the spacious storage beneath. Because the whole boat is insulated, there is no sweat and no clammy feeling. There are hanging lockers and a settee ajacent to the bunk for easy dressing and additional storage below. Aft of the forward cabin are hanging lockers to port and the head with separete shower to starboard. There is plenty of cupboard space for towels and toiletries. The separate shower stall with a moulded-in seat makes showering on board inviting along with the hot water system. The main saloon is spacious, comfy and well lit with 6 opening ports and 2 Bomar hatches above. The dinette table to starboard is handcrafted with the trademark Ta Shing "Starburst" and hanging above the table is a kerosene lamp for evening ambiance and warmth. There is a settee to port which pulls out to make a double and has storage both behind and below to port and starboard. All the woodwork is solid teak, not veneer. The louvered cupboards are plentiful along both the port and starboard sides. The main saloon and entire boat is heated by a Dickinson Antarctic diesel heater that is vented with a separate air intake resulting in quiet, fumeless and efficient warmth. All the floor boards lift up to gain access to fuel tanks, wiring and plumbing. Aft to port is an efficent U-shaped galley with lots of storage and workspace. It is convenient to the cockpit and the dining table. There is a gimballed two-burner stove and oven, dual deep S/S sinks with a fresh water pump and new Grohe chrome faucet. The efficient Adler Barbour 12 volt fridge-freezer has top doors for convenience.Two sets of of four drawers are vertically placed under the work surface. Twin doors provide access for a gabage can under the sinks along with a small swing-out bin for soap cleansers and sponges. There are twin matching teak sink covers which double the counter space and create uniform teak counters. fans are conveniently located to provide ventilation as well as two opening ports. Aft to starboard is the nav station, which has plenty of space for all the instrumentation and charts. Two-burner Mariner Princess propane stove with oven Adler Barbour 12 V Refrigerator and freezer Salt-water foot pump in galley Fresh water foot pumps in galley and head Large, deep double stainless steel sink Stainless steel lining for stove well Par pressure water pump Hot and cold pressure
- Autohelm 6000 Auto Pilot E-80 Ray Marine Chart Plotter Autohelm Tri-data(speed,depth,log) Autohelm Wind Inst. Furuno Radar Trimble NavTrac GPS Furuno SSB FS1501 Icom IC-M502 VHF Radio w/ RAM mic Lo-Kata Watchman Tri-color/anchor light at mast head
- Xantrax 1750 Inverter Phase Three PT-25 charger Red Baron wind generator High output alternator w/smart regulator **water and fuel plumbed for generator installation.
- Deck and Rigging
- The gelcoat on the hull below the waterline was taken down and barrier coated with vinyl esther resin with a no-blister guarantee in 2002. 16,000 BTU Mermaid air conditioner Dickinson Antarctic Diesel heater 12 opening Bronze ports Bowmar hatches replacing original butterfly hatches Hydraulic backstay adjuster Full batten UK Mainsail (New 2011) Roller furling Genoa (Sunbrella cover re-stiched 2012) Stay sail Asymetrical spinnaker Simpson-Lawrence Anchor Windlass 2- 48CST Lewmar self-tailing Primary Winches 2- 30CST Staysail self-tailing Sheet Winches 40 CST Lewmar self-tailing Main sheet Winch 30CST self-tailing Main Halyard Winch 40CST Jib Halyard self-tailing Winch 16CST Stay sail Halyard Winch 16CST Reefing Winch Purewater water maker (Pickled) Salt water deck washdown system w/new pump New chain plates (2011) **Givens 6-man life raft (repacked 2007 w/new canister) New SS fuel tanks (55 gal capacity)
- Broker Comments
- Construction Per original PANDA 38 General Specifications: Hull: Hand-laminated of solid fiberglass w/ polyurethane foam insulation added to all living areas & fiber-glassed in. Teak rub-strake on hull w/ bronze wear-strip. Deck: Hand-laminated of cored sandwich construction utilizing end-grain balsa for stiffening, insulation & reduced weight. Ballast: One-piece cast iron bedded in heavy keel cavity & fiber-glassed over. Decks: Teak side-decks bedded in Thiokol; housetop w/ molded-in non-skid pattern in contrasting color. Hull Fittings: Bronze thru-hull fittings w/ bronze lever-action ball-valves. New chain-plates of stainless steel. Chain-plates & thru-hulls bonded to the yacht's bonding system. All deck hardware through-bolted w/ stainless steel backing plates. Spars & standing rigging: Manufactured in USA to designer's specifications. Ports: Twelve bronze opening ports designed to self-drain Hatches: Teak-framed "house" for companionway slider; large teak-framed hatch over forward cabin; solid teak double-opening butterfly hatch over main salon. Tanks: (2) aluminum fresh water tanks, approximately 140 gallon capacity; (1) new Stainless Steel fuel tank - approximately 55 gallon capacity; (1) fiberglass holding tank, approximately 25 gallons.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Financing available at 4.9% Out-of-State buyers can now buy and use their boat in beautiful Florida for 180 days with No Florida Sales Tax! Ask for more details. Contact: KIRK MUTER @ (818)371-6499 cell, Fort Lauderdale Edwards Yacht Sales Email: Kirk@EdwardsYachtSales.com Click here to search for more Yachts!