West Bay SonShip Yacht Builders has been a family business for over 45 years and ranks among North America’s leading semi-custom builders of luxury fiberglass motor yachts. The “Joan Marie IV” has equipment that is usually associated with vessel over 100’. Full Beam mid-ship Master stateroom with office, bow and stern thrusters, and four control stations two aft both port and starboard are a few of the many features that make this yacht a great opportunity for a live-aboard couple. The “Joan Marie IV” has utilized all these assets and more to successfully complete the great loop in comfort.
The "Joan Marie IV" offers accommodations for up to six owners and guests in three well-appointed en suite staterooms.
Two major features that make it possible to explore the great loop and other countries are the Atlas shore power converter with seamless transfer and the radar arch that can be hydraulically lowered to reduce the vertical clearance to under 19’.
- Joan Marie IV 78' West Bay Sonship 2002
- ACCOMMODATIONS: The “Joan Marie IV” offers accommodations for up to six (6) owners and guests in three (3) well-appointed en-suite staterooms. The separate crew quarters for two (2) is located all the way aft, under the aft deck area and offers a large head, second laundry facility and a “kitchenette”. She was designed and built by an experienced yachting couple. Purposely rigged and outfitted with all the proper equipment for cruising the great loop and other countries. Two major features that make it possible to explore the great loop and other countries are the Atlas shore power converter with seamless transfer and the radar arch that can be hydraulically lowered to reduce the vertical clearance to under 19’. VESSEL WALKTHROUGH: Boarding the "Joan Marie IV" you can access the walk-around main deck via a seven steps "tide ride" Marquipt boarding stairs thru one of the four gates or from a floating dock via the swim platform. Once aboard one sees immediately the subtle and sophisticated design concepts the owners chose. The teak aft deck offers comfortable seating for 6 to 8 at a large teak oval shaped table. A custom built-in cabinet houses all the necessary elements for outdoor entertainment. The 42" Plasma TV is on a lift system, while in the closed position it is completely out of the elements and enjoys the main cabins climate. There is also a double BBQ grill, a Scottsman ice maker unit and sink. Entering the main salon thru stainless steel framed double glass doors; one can immediately appreciate the warm and inviting feeling of the open and spacious interior layout; thanks to the owner's selection of “Flat-Cut American Cherry” woodwork finish combined with Madrone Burl accents and soft light color fabrics and plush carpeting. In the main salon, there is an oversized custom-built "U-shape" sofa with a custom built marble top coffee table. A burl wood top cabinet to starboard houses an elaborate entertainment package with 42" Plasma TV on a lift with a complete audio/video system, a wineglass storage and liquor storage. Extra-large windows have custom "shadow boxes" with matching wood blinds. Up two steps is the galley. All the appliances are full size and the countertops are granite. There is generous storage in the cabinets and oversized drawers. There is an additional floor to ceiling pantry in the companionway below. The galley is open to the pilothouse and settee forward where a cabinet to starboard houses a concealed wine cooler and electrical panels. The pilothouse forward has a large "U-shape" purposely raised settee for better views and additional storage for charts. The table is expandable made with an in-laid cherry wood. Two "Stidd" leather chairs match the tan leather settee. Three oversized chart drawers, storage cabinets, and a "glass cockpit style" console with all necessary electronics with back-ups. Large windows all the way around with port and starboard immediate deck access makes this pilothouse area the ideal location for owners and guests to relax while underway. Accommodations below consist of a VIP stateroom forward with a full centerline queen berth. Beneath the bed is space large enough to stow golf clubs or other large personal possessions. Like all the cabins, it has an abundant cedar-lined hanging locker and drawers as well as a private en-suite head with frameless large shower. The VIP, like all cabins, including the crew quarters aft, offers a complete audio and video system with TV and dedicated DSS TV receiver and DVD. The second guest stateroom to port features upper and lower twin berths and an en-suite head and shower that can double as the day head. It also has direct access from the lower landing of the stairs. This twin bed stateroom also offers a cedar-lined hanging locker and audio system. A midship laundry (stacked washer/dryer) and a large pantry is in the companionway. The full beam master offers a centerline king size bed, a unique private study with desk forward, a built-in vanity and two built-in night tables with lamps and indirect lighting. There is a large dresser with his and hers cedar lined closets. The master head is spacious offering generous storage, a built-in hamper, an oversized frameless shower and Corian countertops. Moving upstairs, the flybridge can be accessed from the pilothouse and galley area or from the aft deck. You will first notice there is a large "U-shape" seating area and a full wet bar. Two "Stidd" chairs and a well arranged second helm station at center. A large stainless framed Bimini top is retractable (capable and proven to have fit the vessel under all bridges for the great loop) . There is a stainless frame and plexi-glass wind deflector around the perimeter of the whole forward section of the flybridge. The radar arch can be hydraulically lowered to reduce the vertical clearance under 19’. The hydraulic crane can easily handle the large tender mounted on removable cradles. The aft perimeter of the flybridge has removable rails for added security. The crew quarters and engine room are accessed from the swim platform via a pantograph transom door. There is a well-organized work bench with storage cabinets and a kitchenette style galley for crew. The crew stateroom to port has upper and lower oversize berths, cedar-lined hanging locker with separate drawers, a large head with separate shower and a complete audio/video system with a dedicated DSS receiver and DVD. The engine room is forward of the crew quarters via a watertight bulkhead door. Full beam walk-in machinery room is well laid out starting with twin 32KW Gen sets on raised frames port and starboard, fuel tankage runs athwart ship, walk around main engines, all secondary hydraulic, mechanical and electric systems are easily accessed. Like the entire vessel, the engine room is meticulous and finished in Awlgrip paint. SWIM PLATFORM: Teak deck - Cablemaster 100amp - Five (5) teak steps to Aft Deck both port & starboard - Watertight hatch to engine room located centerline - Five (5) removable “N-Shaped” handrails on platform - Two (2) courtesy lights - Stern cleats both port & starboard - Flagstaff holder (stainless steel) - Two (2) pop-up cleats – Hot & cold water shower - Towing bits in transom wings - Stowable 4 step swim ladder - Three (3) Underwater lights. AFT DECK: Teak deck ( with sensors underneath hooked up to the security / alarm system ) - Five (5) recessed overhead lights - Two (2) recessed stereo speakers - 7-step ladder to bridge with overhead hatch - Two (2) overhead floodlights - Aft Gate at steps both port & starboard - Courtesy lights both port & starboard – Locker both port & starboard forward with swing-down control panel with clutch and throttle controls, engine start and stop buttons and bow and stern thruster controls - Freshwater wash-down in starboard locker - Wet bar, port forward with stainless steel sink, Hot & Cold water faucet, Scotsman Icemaker (non-refrigerated – so it is always making fresh ice and melting old) , Storage locker, Miele barbecue grill, Sony TV on high/low platform, Stern bench seat, with cushions and teak table with four (4) teak chairs with cushions - Custom Italian stainless steel framed double entrance glass doors to the Main Salon - CCTV Camera aft - DBC 6-person life rafts both port & starboard (custom installation for quick release) - (2) Additional side rail entrance gates - Extended aft boat deck above aft deck settee. SALON: High gloss edge to all cabinets throughout - Carpeted sole with underlay Vinyl overhead with eight (8) recessed lights and stereo speakers - Three (3) stereo speakers starboard (five total) - Blinds 2” wood with lambrequins to port, starboard, and aft windows - Double doors to Aft Deck with “Phantom Roll” screen - Built-in cabinetry to starboard with Sony Flat Screen TV on electric lift - Shelved lockers with glass racks - Stereo lockers with Sony AM-FM receiver, Sony 5-disc DVD/CD changer, Mitsubishi VCR and Escient amplifier - Custom marble coffee table - Custom U-shaped sofa to port with six (6) accent pillows - Pullout bed - Bulkhead mount lamps port, starboard and aft - Two (2) steps lead up to galley and dinette - Varnished Madrone burl countertop to starboard - Decorative wall coverings – Flush mounted halogen lights in ceiling and valances - Flat-cut American Cherry Wood paneling with high gloss edge throughout - Double stainless steel framed doors entrance to the Salon with lock at aft - Bulkhead Sliding window with screen - Sound insulation under carpet (double layer of barium in Salon, single layer elsewhere) – Six (6)mm gray tinted laminated glass with SonShip frameless design Silhouette blinds to the Aft Salon door. GALLEY: Sole upgraded to “Genuwood” running athwarship - Vinyl overhead with seven recessed overhead lights - Blinds to port and starboard windows - Granite countertop - Double steel sinks - single-lever Grohe water faucet with retractable hose & sprayer head - GE Microwave Oven - GE Refrigerator/Freezer - Scotsman Icemaker- Broan trash compactor - Frigidaire dishwasher - Electric hot water - Jenn-Air 4-burner electric stove top with oven - U-line water cooler - Matching Cherry wood fronts on appliances - Granite bar - Five (5) Halogen lights over counter on dimmers - Solid surface countertop Storage cabinets and drawers - Custom bread box on lift system - Whirlaway disposal in galley sink. PILOTHOUSE: Carpeted sole underlay - Vinyl headliner with ten recessed lights - Mounted Stidd helm chair upgraded with electric controls - Mounted Stidd companion chair with electric controls - Stainless steel steering wheel - Kobelt electronic engine controls - KVH Azimuth 1000 digital compass - Two (2) Primo telephone and intercoms - Stephens Engineering Associates SEA 157 VHF radio - Two (2) Raytheon digital depth indicators - Four (4) View Sonic high resolution 15” LCD display screens - Furuno 96-mile radar - Leica MK40 chart navigator - Furuno NX500 NavTec receiver - C-Nav monitor to CCTV system - SEA Hail loud hailer - Wesmar stabilizer control panel - Bilge alarm panel - Lenovo computer tower - Engine room alarm panels - Two (2) Carlisle & Finch searchlight controls - Simrad AP20 autopilot - V-Tech cordless phone - Computer for Nobeltec Software - D.C. circuit panel - Cruisair air conditioning controls - Macerator pump timer switch - Xintex inverter display - Fire system pull - Water maker control panel - Two (2) Northern Lights generator control panels - U-Shaped settee with 4” foam cushions - Teak table on two pedestals - Window shades - Security system control panel – Customer designed chart drawers - Curved staircase to lower deck cabins - Engine alarm system (DDEC) - Halogen lighting (5) - Heavy duty 2 speed delay windshield wipers and washer - Helm with full instrumentation with 5” binnacle compass and chart light - Hydraulic power steering - DDEC controls for throttle and clutch functions - Port & starboard sliding doors with locks - Stairs to Flybridge - Table with solid surface top - Windows: 10mm gray tinted laminated glass with SonShip frameless design - Hydraulic Bow & Stern controls - Custom “DMP America” pilothouse dash panel - Motorola 3 Watts cell phone - KVH track phone 25 mini-M sat com - Panasonic digital phone (land, cellular, satellite) and intercom system throughout (2 cordless) - Seatel Satellite TV System - ISIS monitoring (fiber optic) system for engines, generators, DC & AC electric system, fuel & water tanks, Bilge monitoring, ships systems and burglar alarm - “Phantom Roll Screens” to each Pilothouse doors COMPANIONWAY: Six (6) carpeted steps to wheelhouse with wood rail and two (2) courtesy lights - Carpeted sole with underlay - Three (3) steps down to aft staterooms with courtesy lights - Two (2) access hatches - Vinyl overhead with four (4) recessed lights - Central vacuum cleaner inlet - 110 volt duplex outlet - Frigidaire stackable washer & dryer in starboard locker with Halogen lighting. UNDER FORWARD COMPANIONWAY SOLE: Three (3) Cruisair air conditioning compressors - Condensation self-contained sump box with electric/automatic bilge pump with float switch (this custom feature prevents the water condensate from draining into the bilge, hence preventing stagnant water / typical bilge smell)(also noted in this area: low speed small fans to prevent stagnant air in bilge area) Two (2) D.C. hold lights with safety cages - Bow thruster tube and thruster unit -Two (2) Macerator discharge pumps - Fiberglass holding tank - Seawater wash-down pump - Two (2) water pressure tanks - Toilet system - AC / DC selector switch - Freshwater inline strainer Variable frequency drive BELOW COMPANIONWAY AFT: Shower sump Winterizing drain - Valves - Storage compartment - Overhead lights - Sink water shutoff valves. MASTER STATEROOM: Carpeted sole with underlay - Vinyl overhead with recessed lights and stereo speakers - King island walk around berth with inner spring mattress - Three (3) beveled mirrored panels at head of berth - Two (2) swing-arm lamps - Three (3) lights in soffit overhead - Built-In night tables, port & starboard, with storage - Raymarine ST60 wind indicator and Raymarine ST60 depth sounder (on starboard side) - Entertainment cabinet with Sony TV, Sony 5LV-N81 VCR, Sony V333ES receiver, Sony DVP-5360 DVD, and Direct TV receiver - Cedar lined closets both port & starboard - (2) “V-Mar” flush mounted clocks - Cruisair SMX Air Condition Controls - Stabilizer fin access in each closet bureau - Two (2) portholes with screens - Linen Closet to port forward - Badger 2A40BC dry chemical fire extinguisher - Desk with chair, lamp, soffit lighting, cabinet storage and bookshelf - Decorative wall coverings and fitted vinyl headliner - Lighting: flush mounted halogen lights in ceiling and soffits indirect rope lighting under berth platform - “Lutron Lighting System” main control panel. Large walk in cedar lined closet to port with hidden safe. AFT MASTER HEAD: Laminate sole - Mirrored overhead panels with four (4) recessed lights - Vanity with marble counter and recessed sink - Hot & cold water faucets (Moen) - Four (4) mirrored doors to medicine lockers - Headhunter head with bidet system - Tankwatch holding tank level indicator - Shower with door, seat, showerhead on hose with wall mount – Hot and cold faucet Steam control - 120V G.F.I. receptacle - Fan (ventilating) with timer - Halogen lighting - Mirrored medicine cabinet - Decorative wall coverings - Toilet paper holder - Robe hook - Towel rings - Ventilating port light with screen - Under mount sink. PORT STATEROOM: Carpeted sole with underlay - Vinyl overhead with five recessed lights - Porthole - Upper and lower berth with inner spring mattress - Matching fabric to mattress covers and pillow shams - Storage drawers under lower bunk - Cedar-lined hanging locker aft with light - Shelf outboard - Two (2) reading lights - Built-In night table - Cruisair air conditioning control panel - Porthole - Three (3) steps up to head door - Sony CDXC8050 AM-FM/CD player forward - Decorative wall coverings and fitted vinyl headliner - Halogen lighting with reading lights on headboard - Ventilating port lights with screens. PORT HEAD: Entry via companionway or port stateroom - Vinyl plank simulated wood sole - Two (2) mirrored overhead panels with two (2) recessed lights - Royal Flush head (by Headhunter)- Vanity with Corian counter - Molded sink (white) with hot & cold water faucets - Mirrored doors to storage lockers above vanity - Shower stall with door, overhead light, mounted shower faucet with hot & cold water - Vent blower. BOW (VIP) STATEROOM: Carpeted sole with underlay – Vinyl covered overhead panels with six (6) recessed lights - Two (2) overhead hatches with retractable screens and blackout covers and Oceanaire screens - Lemar Queen-size island berth with inner spring mattress - Bedspreads and pillow shams - Three (3) mirrored bulkhead panels forward - Storage shelf port & starboard - Cedar double-door hanging locker with light to port - Cruisair SMX IR air conditioning panel to port - Built-in cabinetry on starboard - Sony color TV with VCR & DSS receiver - Table lamps both port & starboard at head of berth - CO alarm - Sony STRDE554 stereo receiver Sony DVD 360 CD/DVD player - V-Mar clock - Badger type A size II fire extinguisher - Decorative wall coverings and fitted vinyl headliner - Halogen lighting with reading lights on headboard - Hanging locker with light. BOW HEAD: Vinyl plank simulated wood sole - Two (2) overhead mirrored panels with two (2) lights Vanity with Corian counter, molded sink, hot & cold water faucet and accessories Royal Flush Head (by Headhunter) Porthole with storable cover Mirrored door to storage above vanity Three (3) vanity lights Exhaust fan Shower stall with door, overhead light, showerhead on hose with wall mount, hot & cold water faucet and bench seat Vent blower CREW COMPANIONWAY: Entrance via the transom door from the swim platform or down a day hatch from the aft deck - Laminate wood sole - Vinyl headliner with nine (9) recessed lights -Overhead hatch with ladder installed on engine room door - A.C. & D.C. Circuit panels - Five (5) battery cutoff switches - Fire system pull - Stainless steel counter with storage above & below - Twelve (12) 12-volt batteries - Atlas Classic shore power system with seamless transfer - Corian counter - Sub-Zero refrigerator - Stainless steel sink - GE profile Microwave oven - Porthole Pantry locker - Stacked washer & dryer BELOW (under floor) CREW COMPANIONWAY: Three (3) 12 Volt batteries - Shower sump with electrical automatic pump - Battery solenoid CREW STATEROOM (aft and port): Vinyl plank simulated wood sole - Oak woodwork with vinyl headliner - V-Tec telephone - Four (4) mounted lights - Hanging locker with light - Porthole with cover - Upper & lower berth with inner spring mattresses - Reading lights at each berth - Sony CDX C8050X AM-FM/CD player - Two (2) Cruisair air conditioning control panels in hanging locker - Hanging locker with light - Sharp TV - ISIS remote control panel - Desk with storage Halogen lighting CREW HEAD: Laminate wood sole - Corian counter with integral sink - Mirrored medicine locker - Mirrored panel - Vacuflush head (with separate pump) - Vinyl overhead with four (4) lights - Ventilating port lights with screens - Storage under sink - Storage forward - Shower stall with glass door, overhead light, showerhead on hose with wall mount and Single lever hot & cold water faucet - Two (2) type I life jackets - 120V G.F.I receptacle - Toilet paper holder - robe hook and towel rings - Ventilating fans with timers. PORT UTILITY ROOM: Cablemaster unit Hold light - D.C. hold light - Atlas shore power classic shore power system with frequency converter and seamless transfer Cooling fan. STARBOARD UTILITY ROOM: D.C. hold light – Cablemaster - Cruisair air conditioning compressor - Prosine 3.0 inverters to electronics - Trace SW4024 inverter to house batteries. RUDDER ROOM: Dual hydraulic steering actuators - Two (2) trim tab reservoirs - Bilge pump with high water alarm - Autopilot feedback sensor - Hold lights - Auxiliary bilge pump. FLYBRIDGE: Optional factory boat deck extension aft with raised bulwarks - Cabinet starboard with wet bar - U-line refrigerator - Scotsman icemaker (non-refrigerated – so it is always making fresh ice and melting old) - Corian top in starboard utility cabinet - Four (4) stereo speakers - Molded fiberglass seat starboard aft, with cushions and canvas covers - Freshwater hose Bibb 120 Volt - GFI outlet - Hot tub with cover - Three (3) deck lights -Pop-up TV with Sony Trinitron on survival system - Upholstered U-Shaped seating with canvas covers - Corian dining table with removable leaf - Pop-up lighting in dining table with SOS feature - Bimini top with stainless steel frames - Custom designed sub arch extension - Venturi windscreen with stainless steel frames - Molded non-skid decks - Stainless steel deck scuppers - Access hatches both forward and aft - Two (2) DMP MD1500 monitors - Horizon Spectrum VHF radio - Two (2) Raytheon sounder/speed monitors - Pioneer DEH PT7000BT - Bluetooth receiver - AP Chart Navigator - MK40 Leica MK40 GPS/Plotter - Two (2) Caterpillar engine monitors - Two (2) Carlisle and Finch searchlight controls – Bow and Stern thruster joysticks - Remote windlass control - Stabilizer warning indicator - Arch lift control for hydraulic operation - Robertson AP20 Autopilot - Furuno 96-mile color radar repeater - ISIS controls repeater panel - Trim tab controls - 12 Volt D.C. outlet - Switches for: Navigation light, Arch light, Compass Light, Horn, Hailer selector, Floodlight, Table light, TV lift, Deck lights, Hydraulic enable, Slow idle and Port & starboard main engine start/stop - Kobelt marine engine controls Stainless steel foot rail at helm Two (2) Stidd electric helm chairs with canvas covers Destroyer steering wheel Ritchie compass Sat Find 406 EPIRB Furuno radar array Two (2) hailer horns Two (2) KVH domes White navigation light Anchor light Six whip antennas Wind speed detector XM digital antenna Two (2) Carlisle and Finch remote control searchlights Removable “N-Shaped” safety rails to aft section of extended boat deck Additional S/S grab rail at top of aft flybridge access hatch MACHINERY: Two (2) Engine Model: Caterpillar 3412 (12 cylinder) Engines with 1400HP at 2300 RPM each. With dual Racor 1000 fuel filters each -Engine Hours: 3300 Port / 300 Starboard (starboard engine block replaced 2011) - 25 knots @ 2300 RPM’s (full fuel) – 70 GPH each (per recent survey) - Air compressor - Freshwater engine cooling system - Dual Racor primary fuel filters and Caterpillar secondary fuel filters - 5-blade 40”x45” propellers 3.5” propeller shafts - Hydraulic steering gear - Quiet Run underwater exhaust system & raw water expulsion with low RPM back pressure compensation - Port Generator 32kw Northern Lights generator @1800RPM 5300 hours -Starboard Generator 32kw Northern Lights generator @1800 RPM 5300 hours CONSTRUCTION: Decks & bulkheads cored four sealed bulkheads - Hull: “Knytex” & “BTI” hand lay-up fiberglass with 1” and 1 3/8” core cell - Osmosis Protection below the waterline – ISO Aristech Resin Stringers: Fiberglass with urethane foam core ENGINE ROOM: Engine driven emergency bilge pump system - Non-skid vinyl deck - Steering reservoir with pressure gauge and filter - Three (3) aluminum fuel tanks with sight gauges - Forward Oil change system to generators, engines and transmissions - Head vacuum pump and tank - Two (2) air conditioning raw water circulating pumps - Northern Lights 32KW generators, port & starboard - 80lb FM 200 cylinder NuTone central vacuum system unit - Dual Racor filters to each engine - Power takeoffs on engines for hydraulics both port & starboard - Hydraulic reservoir for bow thruster located starboard aft - Fuel manifold located centerline forward - 24 Volt overhead lights - Two (2) dual-lamp 110 volt fluorescent lights with safety lenses - Two (2) CCTV cameras - Engine fuel cooler - Safety grab rails (stainless steel) located port and starboard - Three (3) Cruisair air conditioning compressors - Full Security 1A10BC - Dry chemical fire extinguisher - Badger 5BC clean agent fire extinguisher - Engine blowers both port & starboard with Delta fan controllers - Bilge pump with high water alarm - Aqua Whisper water maker (1,200 gpd capacity) - Crew head discharge Y-valve and overboard discharge -Air compressor with (4) outlets - Sentry 24V 40A house battery charger - Sentry 24V 40A engine battery charger - Sentry 12V 40A electronics battery charger - Two (2) 12 volt batteries to house bank - 12-volt batteries to generator bank - Trace 4kW inverter - Pressure washing system with 3 stations - Custom security system by Maritron 1000 Series “ISIS” fiber optic monitoring system and aft deck sensors under teak deck. Upgraded fuel capacity to 2,750 gallons - Upgraded water tank capacity to 600 gallons - Upgraded blackwater tank capacity to 200 gallons ELECTRICAL SYSTEM: 35kW Atlas shore power converter with “seamless transfer” feature - Custom “DMP” pilothouse console - Port Generator 32kw Northern Lights generator @1800RPM (5300 hours) -Starboard Generator 32kw Northern Lights generator @1800 RPM (5300 hours) Battery Chargers: Two (2) Sentry 24V 40A, Sentry 12V 40A - Prosine inverter and Trace inverter 54020 - Two (2) 12 Volt storage batteries Lighting: 24 Volt A.C.; 110 Volt A.C. Mitron Lighting system throughout Trace 4024 Inverter, 24 volt DC, 4kW Twin 100 amp shore power cord on Glendenning system West Bay “yacht-o-matic” transfer system DECKS & SUPERSTRUCTURE: Fiberglass deck with molded nonskid - Stainless steel stanchions - Stainless steel handrails - Breakaway Diesel fill cap both port & starboard - Water fill cap both port & starboard - Sliding door to Pilothouse on both port and starboard with “Phantom Roll” screens - Deck courtesy lights on port & starboard - Navigational lights on both port & starboard -Spring cleats, two (2) port & two (2) starboard - Five (5) windshield wipers with washers - Two (2) hatches to interior bow cabin both port & starboard on Foredeck trunk cabin - Hatch to forepeak locker located centerline forward - Forepeak locker with seawater wash-down and freshwater wash-down - Muir anchor windlass - Compressed air with four (4) outlets - Integral fiberglass bow pulpit with anchor roller - Polished stainless steel Bruce 90lb anchor with approximately 250’ of chain - Towing bits to transom wings - Seven (7) steps “tide ride” sea stairs (by Marquipt) - “N-Shaped” removable safety rails to swim platform and aft boat deck BOAT DECKS: Aft deck : Teak aft deck sole -Tricomfort oval table and four (4) chairs with cushions - Custom aft deck cabinet: TV (on lift system – enjoys the climate of the main salon in the down position) , BBQ grill, sink and, (non refrigerated / continuous fresh) ice maker - Upper deck / Flybridge : Fiberglass deck with non-skid - Stainless steel stanchions- Stern light - Stainless steel chocks, athwart ship for tender tie down - Steelhead Marine SM2000R 2000lb capacity davit - Freshwater wash-down - Three (3) overhead lights located in overhang - Two (2) flood lights - Four (4) step stainless steel swim ladder - Optional factory aft boat deck extension - Hot tub with cover and cushion with 11kW heater - 24” TV on lift and swivel system - Full wet bar on Flybridge with stainless steel sink, (non refrigerated / continuous fresh) ice maker and refrigerator HULL: Three (3) transom mounted underwater lights - Interprotect 200/2001 epoxy barrier coating - Four (4) water tight bulkheads - Bottom: Molded fiberglass Frames: partitions and bulkheads - Floor Timbers: partitions and bulkheads - Fastenings: reinforced fiberglass - Topsides: molded fiberglass deck beams - Molded decks Superstructure: Fiberglass with core Interior: Vinyl overhead and wall covering, Laminate and carpeted soles - Wood cabinetry - Corian & Marble counters - Six (6) bulkheads - Four (4) electric/automatic bilge pumps (diverter off main engines to manifold) - Thru-Hull Fittings: Bonded Bronze with seacocks - bonded Cored decks and bulkheads FITTINGS & EQUIPMENT: Deck Hardware: Stainless steel & chrome-plated brass Ground Tackle: Bruce 90lb anchor with 250’ of chain - Electric running lights & anchor light - Two (2) Carlisle Finch searchlights - Muir hydraulic anchor windlass - Wesmar hydraulic bow & stern thrusters - Wesmar stabilizer - KVH TracPhone SATCOMM - KVH SAT TV - KVH digital compass - Simrad AP20 Autopilot - Furuno 96-mile Radar - GPS: Two (2) Leica MK40 Stephens Engineering Associates - SEA 157 VHF radio - Steelhead Marine 2,000lb capacity tender davit - Canvas covers for: Tender, Hot tub, Aft Deck table & seating, Upper helm seating and Helm & companion chairs SAFETY & MISC.: Engine room fire extinguishing system -2000 C.F. Halon Fire extinguishers - (4) Safety packages include: 24” life ring; 50’ buoyant heaving line; 8 life jackets and bags - (2) Orion flare gun kit -6” Chrome plated brass bell -(2) Pollution stickers REMARKS: In building the “Joan Marie IV" 78’ West Bay Sonship the owners utilized their years of experience to customize her properly. From the planning, design and concept of her “hands-on” experienced yachting owners/operators; the beautifully executed result is a remarkable motoryacht that has been maintained properly with the owners determined approach to uphold high standards in all aspects of her care. EXCLUSIONS Exclusions are to include but are not limited to all owner’s personal items and 14' Rendova with a 4-stroke Yamaha outboard engine. A detailed list of exclusions to be provided at time of sale upon written request.
- Engine Room
- Engine Model: Caterpillar 3412 (12 cylinder) Engines with 1400HP at 2300 RPM each. Number of Engines: 2 Engine Type: Inboard Engine Hours: 3300 Port / 300 Starboard (starboard engine bock replaced 2011) Speed: 25 knots @ 2300 RPM’s Port Generator: 32kw Northern Lights generator @1800RPM 5300 hours Starboard Generator: 32kw Northern Lights generator @1800 RPM 5300 hours Gross / Net Ton: 119 / 95
- Total bilge pumps: 6 Radar Arch: Aluminum Ground Tackle: Bruce 90 pound anchor with 250’ Chain. Anchor Windlass: Muir hydraulic Bow & SternThrusters: Wesmar Stabilizer: Wesmar Sat Comm: KVH Trac Phone Sat TV: KVH Compass(es): KVH digital Autopilot: Simrad AP20 Radar: Furno 96-mile GPS: 2 Leica MK40 Radiophone: Stephens engineering associates SEA 157 VHF radio Depfinder: 2 Raymarine Antenaas: 5 VHF – 1 Radar – 2 GPS – 1 sea Tel dome Tender Davit: Steelhead marine 2,000 pound capacity
- Fuel tanks – diesel – 3 aluminum total tanks – approximately 2,750 gallons total (port and starboard tanks feed into the center line tank. Located forward of the engines. Water tank (fiberglass): 600 Gallons – located under master stateroom. Holding Tank (fiberglass): 200 gallons – located forward / companionway. Air Conditioning: manufacturer – Cruisair -7 total compressors – 2 raw water circulation pumps.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.