- 42 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Hours
The Catalina 42 MKII represents a wonderful design that has withstood the test of time. Proven as a safe, comfortable and fast cruiser that is equally comfortable island hopping, live aboard or extended offshore passagemaking, the Catalina 42 has done it all and done it well. This is the latest 2-cabin version, featuring the popular centerline queen berth in the forward stateroom, and is in excellent condition, having benefitted from her very knowledgable and conscientious owners since new. Offered for sale by only her second owners, "RUACH" should not disappoint anyone looking for a lightly sailed and very well equipped Catalina 42 MKII.
***Preliminary listing. Full specs and photos to be posted soon.***
- Beginning forward is the master cabin with centerline queen berth and 5-drawer bank beneath at aft end. At the forward end of the berth is a cedar lined hanging locker, with a second hanging locker aft and to starboard. Aft and to port is the head/shower compartment. Moving into the salon, the chart table is to starboard, followed by a straight bench settee. Opposite is a large C-shaped settee and coffee table/ottoman. Storage is below and outboard of the settees. Aft to port is an L-shaped galley, followed by storage and access to the battery bank, aft storage lockers and genset. Opposite is the second head/shower compartment with entry from the aft cabin or from the salon/galley area. The aft cabin is to starboard and features a large double berth, drawer and hanging locker storage. The original dinette table is available. Varnished teak & holly cabin sole Granitecoat counters in galley,head compartments (6)Lewmar opening ports (9)Lewmar deck hatches (3)Lewmar fixed ports Hatch and port screens Jensen MCD 5112 am/fm/cd, (4)Bose speakers Sirius satallite radio w/antenna (1/11) Mermaid 16,500 Btu reverse cycle air conditioning Inner spring mattress, each cabin Pleated window treatments 12Vdc LED lighting throughout (5/12) (2) Fans, fwd. cabin (2) Fans, aft cabin (3) Fans, salon Hot/cold pressure water (3)Hot/cold fresh water showers Clock & barometer (7/11) LCD 23" flat panel TV, DVD player Carbon monoxide detector
- The L-shaped galley is at the base of the companionway to port, with deep double s/s sink inboard and close to the centerline. Just inboard of the sink is a number of drawers, as well as storage below the sink. Moving outboard is a large dry storage locker with countertop access. This factory-insulated locker is 4.24 c/ft and could be addtional refrigeration and/or freezer capacity with the inclusion of a second system. Aft of this locker is a 2-burner alcohol stovetop, followed by the top and front loading refigration locker. Above the stove is a microwave oven, dry storage lockers on either side. Aft of the refrigeration locker is a Lazy-Susan type cabinet, followed by 3 front opening lockers. Opposite the refrig door is a flip-up work surface for even more countertop space. The galley is very well suited for safe meal preperation whether underway, dockside or at anchor, and there is abundant storage throughout. Origo 2-burner alcohol cooktop (Original Hillerange LPG 2-burner stove w/oven is available, drops right in place) Adler Barbour Large Cold Machine 8.48 c/ft. refrigeration box Microwave oven Granitecoat countertops throughout galley Flip-up work surface Overhard shelf above sinks #10 Aluminum LPG bottle
- Raymarine ST60 depthsounder Raymarine ST60 AWI/AWS Raymarine ST8001 autopilot Standard Matrix VHF w/RAM handset XM satellite weather receiver Raymarine E80 GPS/plotter/radar display (3)Chart cards, Florida, East coast U.S. Raymarine 2kw radome, mast mount Icom IC-M802 SSB w/autotuner SEA AIS ship identification system
- Electrical & Mechanical
- 12Vdc/115Vac breaker panel w/magnetic-type breakers 115Vac 30 amp shore service Zinc Saver Mastervolt Whisper 3.5KW genset w/electric start, fresh water flush(Approx. 20 hrs) 50 ft. shore power cord (2) 4D service batteries (2012) (1) 4D engine start/windlass battery (2012) Dedicated genset start battery Xantrex True Charge 40 amp battery charger (4/11) True Power 600 watt inverter w/remote Battery monitor panel Air Breeze wind generator w/outboard engine crane on stern pole Numerous 12Vdc outlets 115Vac outlets throughout KISS SSB ground system International & Inland navigation lights, foredeck light 56 Yanmar FWC diesel engine, 1,265 hrs, serviced 6/12 Martec Folding s/s prop Bronze 3-blade spare propeller Stainless steel 1-1/4" propeller shaft Engine panel w/analog gauges, audible alarms 80 amp alternator Racor fuel/water separator Raw water intake strainer 11 Gal water heater Tank monitor system for water, holding tanks Raritan electric heads (2)Holding tanks, macerator pumps (2)Electric bilge pumps w/float switches Manual bilge pump Marelon thru-hulls, sea cocks
- Sails and Rigging
- Charleston Spars double spreader rig Shaefer 3100 r/f headsail furler Full batten mainsail w/2 reefs EZ-Jax lazyjack system Mainsail cover 140% r/f genoa 100% r/f jib Asymmetrical cruising chute w/sock 100 sq/ft gale sail Inboard & outboard genoa tracks Boom topping lift Garhauer s/s rigid boom vang Garhauer midboom mainsheet traveler, 6:1 purchase Garhauer deck blocks (2)Lewmar 54CST primary winches (2)Lewmar 40CST cabin top winches Milwaukee 24-volt right angle cordless drill power winch 316 Grade 1/19 s/s standing rigging Insulated backstay Spinlock sheet stoppers Braided running rigging Windex 15 Masthead TV antenna, 12Vdc amplified
- Hull and Deck
- The white hull with molded Navy Blue boot stripe is a single piece hand-laid solid GRP construction with externally attached lead wing keel and spade rudder. The outer skin of the hull is vinylesther resin. The deck is also GRP construction, cored with end grain balsa. Non-skid is a molded diamond pattern in contrasting gray gelcoat. In areas of high loads and stress, the deck is solid GRP with laminated plates that the deck hardware is either drilled and tapped into or thru-bolted. The hull to deck joint is a hat-box type relationship, then covered with an aluminum rubrail and vinyl insert. Forward is a single anchor roller followed by a recessed chain locker with dual direction electric anchor windlass. The chainplates are inboard offering wide weather decks for unimpeded movement fore and aft. Pettit Trinidad bottom paint (8/11) Welded bow, stern rails Double lifelines, s/s stanchions Port, stbd, stern boarding gates Folding s/s swim ladder Helm seat (1/09) Stern rail seats Edson pedestal wheel steering, wheel brake Edson folding wheel (10/10) Separate throttle & shift levers Ritchie SP-5 binnacle compass Fiberglass cockpit table, dual leafs Close cell cockpit cushions Lippincott 3-bow bimini, mainsail trim window Lippincott dodger, 3-pc windshield, side & aft s/s grab rails Dodger isenglass replaced (6/12) Connector panel Solid teak framed saloon-type companionway doors w/acrylic inserts Docklines, springlines, fenders Maxwell 800 dual direction electric windlass #35 CQR w/chain, rode #25 Danforth-type anchor, chain, rode Drouge sea anchor Kato Island davits, stabilizer bar Mercury 280 Dynamic RIB w/cover (2011) Mercury 3.5 hp 4-stroke o/b (8/08) Viking 4-person liferaft (11/11) ACR EPIRB (10/11) (4)Mustang inflatable PDFs w/tethers First Aid kit Miscellaneous tools Garhauer engine crane Stainless steel handrails on coach roof Hot/cold transom shower Lifesling Nylon mesh line bags Helm seat, pedestal & hatch covers Magma s/s LPG grill West Marine 1 person kayak
- As one reviews this equipment list they will notice that "RUACH" is a very nicely outfitted Catalina 42 MKII. While equipped for extended cruising, "RUACH" has seen relatively light use but consistent care and maintenance. She is in very nice condition and ready for new adventures.
- Exclusions include but are not limited to Owner's personal effects, clothing, foul weather gear, folding bicycles and any items not specifically mentioned in this listing.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- For additional details and photos, please contact Central Listing Agent, Scott W. Pursell. Direct; 941.757.1250, Cell; 941.720.4503, E-mail; Scottp@masseyyacht.com