- 42 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Hours
DESERT STAR IS A "SHINING" EXAMPLE
OF THE VERY POPULAR ISLAND PACKET 420 MODEL
Desert Star, like all Island Packets, is a seaworthy and comfortable offshore cruiser and has been such a very successful model in the Island Packet family of yachts. It really stands out in the cruising circles! The cutter rig with all roller furling sails (including in-mast main) is safe and easy to handle from the cockpit even for the solo sailor. Desert Star is also equipped with a spinnaker.
Other great features on this model are Low Engine Hours, NEW 2012 Standing and Running Rigging, Generator, and SSB.
Desert Star is a quality yacht that should be on anyone's "Must-See" list if you are shopping for a blue water curising boat. She will make a great cruising home for many years to come.
- The master stateroom with ensuite head is forward and affords access to bow anchor locker through the shower. This is a very comfortable head with separate shower stall to starboard. The commode and sink are to port. Head is well ventilated with two opening ports and a hatch. The master stateroom follows with large pullman double berth to starboard, angled away from the hull side so there is access from either side. The foot of the bed with custom mattress lifts for blanket and sheet storage and has two large drawers underneath. Additional storage in this cabin is achieved with a large hanging locker, shelves and storage behind and underneath the dressing seat. There are two opening hatches and four ports providing excellent ventilation. The main salon follows with facing settees and a bulkhead mounted table with storage behind. The starboard settee converts to a double berth. There is tremendous storage behind and under settees. The nav station is located to starboard aft of salon settee with galley following. There are six opening ports and two opening hatches in the salon/nav/galley area. Across from galley and nav station to port is the large aft head with a private door to the aft cabin and another to the main salon. There is an opening port and overhead. The aft cabin lies athwartship with a very large double berth, hanging locker, bureau and additional storage under the berth. There is an opening hatch and two opening ports for great ventilation. All in all, the IP 420 has the most comfortable interior of any boat her size. Air conditioning. (2) 16,000 BTU Marine Air Systems Buff Ultra leather interior Eight opening Deck Hatches with Glebe Creek screens Fifteen polished Stainless Steel opening ports with screens Ship Shades for port lights (except heads have Peek a Boo shades) Forward head has separate shower Companionway Doors with Bronzed Glass Large Cedar-lined closets Deluxe, large folding drop leaf table stores against forward bulkhead Additional storage behind table Large storage area behind and below each settee Slip resistant, molded cabin sole in both heads and galley and companionway Teak and Holly cabin sole Teak bulkheads and cabinetry with satin varnish.
- The galley is located next to and starboard of the companionway, right where you want it on a cruising boat, and offers an ideal area for food preparation. The large wrap around design is safe and functional with sea rails on all counter edges. There is loads of storage, a large, divided refrigerator, and freezer with dual temperature readouts. There are two Stainless Steel sinks, a microwave oven, and three-burner gas stove with oven. Seaward Princess 3 burner gimballed LPG, stove and oven Adler-Barbour Super Cold Machine 12v Refrigerator/ Freezer Origo Microwave oven Single handle, pull out water faucet Seagull drinking water filter Hand pump water Hot and cold pressure water Hella 12 v fan Built in water pump in refrigerator Slide out trash bin Ample storage
- In the Cockpit Raytheon Pathfinder RL70C Radar/Plotter Raytheon 24 mile radar on gimballed scanner mount on backstay Raytheon ST 6001+ Autopilot Raytheon ST 60 Wind, Speed and Depth Sidepower bow thruster Ritchie compass At the Nav Station Raytheon Pathfinder RL70C 24 mile Radar/Plotter Raytheon "Multi" function dsplay Standard Horizon Intrepid VHF w RAM mic in Cockpit Icom IC-M710 SSB radio with automatic tuner Alpine AM/FM/CD Sirius XM Stereo w speakers in Master stateroom, main salon, and cockpit Power adjustable nav station chair Hella 12 v fan Toshiba 21" flat panel color TV in main salon
- (2) 30 amp 50' Electrical shore power cables Second Shore power Hook up for Air conditioner Pro Mariner "Zinc Saver II" 30 amp galvanic isolators Fischer-Panda 8 Mini PMS 7.5kw Generator Balmar High output Alternator w MC-612 external regulator (4) group 27 Lifeline AGM batteries for house bank (1) AGM group 27 Lifeline engine starting battery 40 amp Charles 5000 Battery Charger GFCI outlets protect both sides of vessel Heart Interface Link 200 Battery monitor
- Yanmar 75 HP 4JH3-TE Turbocharged engine with 627 hours Fischer-Panda 7.5 Kw Generator New 2010. 5 hours Racor Fuel Filters and water separators 2) 16,000 BTU Marine Air, Air conditioners 4) Hella fans
- Lofrans Tigress 1200 w anchor windlass Nautical Outfitters Stainless Steel 45 lb plow anchor w 250' chain Nautical Outfitters Stainless Stell 45 lb Danforth w 40' stainless chain & 200' nylon rode. Walker Bay RIB dinghy w 9.9 hp outbound with motor hoist Kato Stainless Steel davits Cockpit mesh screens Full Vinyl cockpit enclosure Full canvas deck awnings Custom teak cockpit table Cockpit Cushions Rail mounted BBQ grill
- New Standing and Running rigging 2012 In Mast Roller furling Air Force Mainsail 110% Roller Furling Air Force Jib w Harken Roller Furler Roller furling Air Force Staysail with Hoyt self-tending boom w Harken RF Cruising Spinnaker with ATN sock Extra main halyard (2) Lewmar 54 CST 2 speed Primary Winches (2) Lewmar 16 CST Secondary Winches Ronstan Traveler Mast Mounted Spinnaker pole and handling gear Masthead Windex
- Radar reflector at mast Lifesling MOB rescue device Coast Guard Safety Package including flares
- All personal items, art, life raft, "abandon ship" bag and EPIRB, tools, cookware (including dishes, flatware, etc.), jack lines, PFD's (except for the 4-Type II in bag in cockpit locker).
- Owners personal items not listed here are not a part of this sale. The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of this vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyers desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Available to all brokers on a 50/50 basis, brokers outside Florida contact us for full details. Click for more info