- 40 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Engine Type
EXCELLENT CONDITION - OWNER'S PERSONAL SITUATION FORCES QUICK SALE AT GREAT PRICE
High Quality Cruiser From One Of The World's Leading Builders
ORIGINAL OWNER VESSEL - , And Has Always Been Meticulously Maintained
She Has A full Keel For Excellent Stability and Tracking, Protected Rudder And Propeller, , - And Is a Shallow Draft Vessel (4 ft 8 in)
Sleeps (6) in Two Private Staterooms, Plus Dinette Conversion in Salon - 2 Heads w/Showers
Large Owner's Stateroom Forward w/Private Head & Shower - Double Guest Stateroom Aft
Entire Vessel is Well Ventilated with 13 Opening Ports Along Both Sides and 7 Opening Hatches
Well Equipped With/ Stern Arch Supporting: Solar Panels - Wind Generator - Radar,, PLUS,, Wind Vane Steering on Transom
Cutter Rigged w/Self Tending Staysail - Stack Pack Main - Easy to SIngle Handle
In Europe, where boats are safety and ability rated, the Island Packet 40 carries the highest category certification for: Recreational Craft Category - A, OCEAN (designed for extended voyages where conditions may EXCEED wind force of Beaufort Scale 8 and SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHTS OF 4 METERS AND ABOVE, and Vessels largely SELF SUFFICIENT). (Quote from IP Owner’s Manual) There is much more required to receive this rating. That may be why so many IP 40’s are cruising throughout the world.
Please call listing Broker to make an appointment to see this exceptional vessel.
- LOA:...................41 ft 6 in .............. 12.65 meters Beam: ...............12 ft 11 in ............. 1.39 meters LWL: ..................34 ft 0 in .............. 10.6 meters Draft: ....................4 ft 8 in .............. 1.42 meters Bridge Clearance:. 53 ft 8 in ............. 16.36 meters ENGINE.....Yanmar Diesel 50 HP ( 1,700 hrs) Displacement ...........22,800 lbs ....... 10,342 kilo Ballast .................... 10,000 lbs ........ 4,536 kilo Head room ................. 6 ft 5 in ....... 1.96 meters Fuel.............................. 90 gal ........ 340.7 liters Water ..........................170 gal .......... 643.5 liters Holding .........................30 gal ......... 113,6 liters
- 2 cabins, 2 heads. Large double Pullman forward with privacy doors to salon and head. Main salon with L shaped pull out double settee berth to starboard, single settee berth to port with teak cabinets and book shelves outboard of both settees. Large double berth aft with privacy doors to salon and her second head. Forward cabin w- privacy doors to salon & head compartment. Large double berth w- full-length teak shelf outboard and overhead shelf on headboard - bulkhead with reading light under, large stowage lockers and six cedar lined drawers under. Generous cedar lined hanging locker w- shelf over plus bureau w- shelf over. Three opening ports, overhead hatch, deck vents, varnished teak & holly sole – Forward head w- shower (drain to auto sump), w- curtain on track, teak seat, large vanity with polished stainless steel sink, hot-cold pressure water w- shower, unbreakable mirror, Formica counter w- teak trim, storage cabinets, two opening ports and an overhead hatch, toothbrush holder w- cup, toilet paper holder, integral recessed lighting Aft cabin w- privacy doors to main cabin & head compartment. Large double berth w- full-length teak shelf outboard, stowage lockers under, dressing seat. Generous cedar lined hanging locker w- shelf over, bureau w- shelf over, two opening ports plus overhead hatch, varnished teak & holly sole - Courtesy - night lights with switch by companionway – Aft head w- shower pan (drain to auto sump), curtain on track, shower area w- teak seat, seat retracts for access to marine head, large vanity with polished stainless steel sink, hot - cold pressure water w- shower, full-length unbreakable mirror, Formica counter w- teak trim, storage cabinets, overhead hatch & opening port, toothbrush holder w- cup, toilet paper holder. Door conveniently located near companionway in main cabin plus additional door for private access to aft cabin – Teak bulkheads and cabinetry Teak louvered cabin and locker doors
- VESSEL WALK THROUGH
- Upon entering through the wide companionway you sense the open flow of the interior. The galley is to starboard (more details below). Aft Head is to Port side of the Galley. Just forward is the full-size navigation table with generous storage tray & chart drawer, & adjacent AC/DC panels. The nav. seat is shared with the large L-shaped settee in the main salon which quickly converts to a double berth with a pull-out panel. Generous storage is provided behind & below each settee with large cabinets and book racks outboard. A foldaway bulkhead-mounted table lowers for dining & reveals the built-in bottle & glass storage rack. A dining table folds down from the forward Bulkhead – giving this space a dual purpose. It can either be used for inside dining, or just open seating. Opposite on Port side is a second full length settee that converts to a single berth. Forward, the full width owner's stateroom features an over-sized offset double berth with reading light, shelf that runs full length of berth, large cedar-lined hanging locker, bureau with storage bins & 6 deep cedar-lined drawers. The adjoining private head is forward featuring a large shower with big teak seat & contoured backrest, wraparound vanity, storage cabinets and large mirror. The roomy aft stateroom is also inviting with a huge double berth, dressing seat, cedar-lined hanging locker & storage bureau. The centrally located aft head has private access from aft stateroom & from companionway with its separate shower with removable teak seat, wrap around vanity, full-length mirror, & generous storage areas. Headroom 6'4" Sleeps 7 Teak & holly sole 13 opening ports with screens and shades 7 deck hatches
- SALON - GALLEY - DINING
- Main salon w- L-shaped pullout double settee berth to starboard, single settee berth to port, teak cabinets & book shelves outboard of both settees. Large stowage areas behind & under each settee. Cedar lined hanging locker w- shelf over. Deluxe drop leaf table folds against bulkhead rack (w- bottle stowage) for unobstructed 4' wide varnished teak & holly sole. Large overhead hatch, numerous opening ports, deck vents & overhead handrails – Navigation station w- large table w- tray storage under, nav light, two position table top, generous nav - electronics cabinet w- master AC-DC electrical panel plus room for variety of owner installed equipment - Chart stowage drawer beneath settee – Galley The galley is U-shaped with double polished stainless sinks, 3 burner propane stove and oven, double unit Grunert refrigeration/freezer operates on 12v or 120 when dockside. A microwave sits outboard next to oven and there are a great many cabinets for dinnerware and supplies. A separate trash bin is built into the cabinet face Pressure water system w- hot & cold water tap in galley & heads, shower in heads, cockpit - Manual water pump in galley – Dining -A pull down table stores against the forward bulkhead - Starbd of the forward companionway - there is a bottle storage rack hidden behind the table - This affords maximum open space when the dining table is not deployed - or comfortable dining for 4-6 people with the table down.
- ELECTRICAL - ELECTRONICS
- Electrical: - Deluxe electric panels w- four-way battery switch, circuit breakers for DC & AC systems, DC & AC gauges, battery test system, reverse polarity protection, indicator lights, hour meter, elec. pump controls, LPG control, battery charger control – Five battery system dedicated engine battery 2000 watt inverter with auto switch Galvanic isolator Kiss wind generator on arch 2-60 watt solar panels on arch AC 30 amp dockside power system w- polarity and GFI protection, numerous outlets, galvanic isolator, pre wired for second 30 amp service Numerous 12V interior lamps and (3) courtesy lamps with rocker switch at companionway, dome lights in cockpit locker, fore-peak, icebox and engine room – Electrical bonding system for rig & all underwater metals - UL approved marine pre-tinned color coded wiring w- heat sealed connectors throughout AC 30 amp dockside power system w- polarity and GFI protection, Electronics - :- The electronics system (Nexus) is laptop adaptable. all electronics are integrated, and can be displayed on your laptop computer. It is currently set up to accept Skymate allowing the user to get international e-mail service, weather, position and more. - With the addition of "captain's charting program", current GPS charts can be displayed on your laptop with current co-ordinates from vessel GPS. Icom VHF with cockpit remote Nexus electronics include: Knot meter Depthsounder Wind speed and direction GPS ( connection to a laptop via Nexus for chart display) Monitor wind steering unit (autopilot) Hydraulic autopilot w/gyro compass Furuno G.P.S. at nav station ( stand alone system) 24 mile Raymarine radar Radar mounted in front of helm Hailer with auto fog signal EPIRB Compass, Ritchie SP-5, custom nav grid
- Extensive sound control in engine compartment: gasketed access cover and doors, premium lead lined foam insulation Yanmar 50 hp diesel - four-cylinder, fresh water cooled,- twin fuel pumps (mechanical and electrical), twin fuel filters, Upgraded to High Output Alternator - 150 amp, w/smart charger control Maxprop Feathering prop (original prop included) Racor fuel filter with water separator, jacketed fuel line - Recessed cockpit instrument panel w- electric tachometer, fuel gauge, engine monitoring & warning system, removable acrylic cover - Engine control mounted on pedestal – Water heater - 11 gallon marine type w- engine heat exchanger & AC operation,
- SAILS AND RIGGING
- IJPE : 774.83 sq ft I : 49.83 ft J : 17.75 ft P : 42.83 ft E : 15.50 ft Rig - (6) Sails - Main w-double reef, 130% roller furling Genoa, roller furling stay-sail, triple stitched - Mainsail cover, Genoa & stay-sail sun panels - Genoa gear, including tracks, blocks, sheets and furling system - Stay-sail gear including traveler, blocks Staysail boom travelor jupgraded w/block and tackle - w/lines led aft to cockpit for control of the stay-sail boom Hardware- Lewmar Ocean Series 8C sheet winch, Lewmar Ocean Series 8C halyard winch, furling system - Jib halyard winch on mast, Lewmar Ocean Series 24C, 2-speed - Main halyard (on roller bearing masthead sheave) and main sheet, led to cockpit through stoppers to Lewmar Ocean Series 30CST winch - Dual single line "Auto Reefing" system for double set of reef points led to cockpit through stoppers to Lewmar Ocean Series 30CST winch - All halyards internal; color coded running rigging, convenient coaming storage bins for lines – Sails have been replaced within last four years: Main sial - fully battened w/ Doyle Stackpac system (full batten with built-in cover) Furling Genoa with sunshield Staysail with sunshield Asymetrical Spinnaker - Doykle APC Storms ail for staysail halyard Storm trysail with track on mast Whisker pole All running rigging has been replaced Self tacking stay-sail boom 2 spare halyards Jib sheet winches (2) Lewmar Ocean Series 48CST, 2 speed – (2) additional Lewmar ST secondary winches on cockpit coaming for Genoa roller furling system, and Staysail out-haul - control Boom vang - preventer package – Mid-boom sheeting for unobstructed cockpit & dodger installations - Main sheet traveler w- 4:1 control system – Twin back-stays for easy stern boarding & unobstructed helm seating - Topping lift-adjustable –
- HULL and DECK
- Exterior - Construction - 100% hand laid fiberglass construction throughout with ISO - NPG type gelcoat for maximum durability, plus Island Packet's exclusive PolyClad bottom gelcoat system with 10-year limited warranty. Gelcoat applied using premium high-volume, low-pressure application equipment for exceptional finish quality, reduced airborne emissions - All structural laminates and reinforcements designed to ABS standards - Hull molded in one piece utilizing a proprietary pressure fed application system w- extra strong triaxial glass, unified w- an engineered molded interior grid structure - Deck laminate cored w- advanced PolyCore - a proprietary microsphere & resin matrix that has maximum resistance to rot & delamination - Deck attached to integrally molded hull flange w- bolts, lock nuts & urethane adhesive sealant - Deck hardware thru-bolted w- aluminum backup plates. Extensive mold detail for all deck hardware – Two-tone deck low-glare ivory white with integrally molded tan slip resistant surface (premium coarse diamond pattern) - Ivory white hull w- gold cove & choice of boot stripe color - Combination teak rub - cap rail w- stainless steel striker, teak cap on bowsprit – Welded stainless steel double bow rail & stern rail, stanchions, stern rail with stainless steel flag staff holder and stainless steel staff – Wheel steering - console mounted custom Edson rack & pinion direct system with wheel brake, stainless steel wheel. Provision for remote autopilot installation. Custom pedestal w- guard, engine control, hinged table. Double lifelines w- side gates, full length teak cabin top handrails - Stern gate w- quick release hook - Swim ladder stainless steel transom mount w- teak steps - (not installed to make room for wind vane system) Two heavy duty stainless steel anchor rollers w- hinged deck pipes to forepeak - Four 12" mooring cleats, two 10" spring line cleats, chocks and stainless steel chafe guards – Keel stepped mast, all anodized spars - Sparcraft Ocean Series Interior Thirteen opening ports w- screens - polished stainless steel, safety glass - Seven deck hatches- Lippencott hard dodger Bimini with side enclosures (Cockpit can be fully enclosed) Cockpit cushions and helm seat Original ladder taken off for Wind Vane but is available Lofrans anchor windlass -(controls on bow and at helm) Large forepeak w- louvered access door & overhead deck pipes, light, drain to bilge, center divider w- attachment for rodes – 60# spade anchor with 300' 5/8 HT 60# claw anchor with chain to rode Double anchor rollers with bow sprit Custom arch aft (houses solar panels, radar, etc) Lifesling M.O.M. Cockpit shower Emergency tiller with storage bracket – Four deck ventilators (dorade type) w- screens – Deck fittings for water, fuel, waste - stainless steel w- deck key – - Fuel, water and holding tanks all located below cabin sole maximizing storage space & minimizing trim changes UL approved bronze, thru-bolted flanged marine seacocks on all thru-hulls below waterline; ball valves on all thru-hulls in boot stripe –
- Deluxe helm console with hinged table, guard - handgrip, compass, single-lever engine control - Contoured cockpit seats almost 8 feet long, coaming storage boxes and line bins, seat hatches with hasps and locks, molded helm seat with cushion and padded backrest, integral storage tray - Molded fiberglass sliding companionway hatch w- sea hood, latch inside, exterior hasp and lock - Companionway dropboards of solid teak, center dropboard fitted with fixed port with etched logo (safety glass), captive safety pin with holder - All exterior teak treated with Sikkens premium Cetol teak finish - Two 2" cockpit scuppers - Cockpit icebox - foam insulation, hinged lid - Fresh water cockpit shower - wash down (cold only) - LPG deck storage bin w- 10 lb. aluminum propane tank (plus room for spare), drain overboard
- Additional Equiopment
- Offshore flare kit 6 person Winslow life raft Double offshore lifelines with Gates 12 volt cabin fans Jacklines, tethers and harnesses Custom mattress in master stateroom 4 dorades for air circulation Rubrail with stainless striker Herreshoff style cleats(inc. spring)
- Manufacturer Provided Description
- Designed with Island Packet Yachts' exclusive Full Foil Keel, the Island Packet 40 unifies the performance attributes of modern hull and foil designs with the superior safety, enhanced steering qualities, and more sea kindly motion available only with a long keel. This feature brings numerous benefits to the cruising sailor: superior protection from damage or fouling of prop and rudder, an integral hull and keel construction for the strongest possible unified structure, a moderate draft with exceptional stability characteristics for shallow water gunkholing or worldwide voyaging, and winning performance capabilities. Full-length cabin top handrails, double lifelines with welded bow and stern rails, recessed foredeck with bulwarks, and a premium, slip-resistant surface of a contrasting low-glare gelcoat all contribute to offshore safety. Forward, the integral bowsprit-anchor platform increases sail area, improves sheeting angles for enhanced windward performance, and provides ready stowage and immediate access for ground tackle. The 8-foot long cockpit has full-length contoured seats offering plenty of room for comfortable sitting or stretching out. A premium, console-mounted rack and pinion steering system is employed for its exceptional feel and rugged reliability. Integrated into the custom steering console are the single-lever engine control, compass, and flip-up cockpit table. The cutter rig used has furling systems on both the Genoa and self-tending staysail. The skipper has a variety of sail combinations available that are readily adaptable to maximize comfort, safety and performance over a wide range of wind and sea conditions. The generous sail plan, utilizing three simply managed sails, coupled with the easily-driven, long-waterline hull form, assures excellent light-air performance. Below decks, two double staterooms, well-separated for privacy, and each with an adjoining head and shower, combine with an expansive central living area to provide a gracious setting. Overhead handrails, bulkhead handgrips and an easily maintained, molded slip-resistant cabin sole offer sure-footed movement while underway. The wraparound galley is equipped with a host of detail features for both convenience and safety. The L-shaped settee in the main salon can be quickly converted to an extra double berth with its built-in pullout panel. Forward, there is an elegant, full-width owner's stateroom, with generous stowage. The aft stateroom is similarly roomy and inviting, and has a huge double berth. The engine is mounted on a molded engine bed with an integral drip pan. Fastidious mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems are all in evidence here and are easily accessible through a removable front panel, hinged side panels and an aft cover. All Island Packet 40 structural laminates and internal reinforcements are designed to meet or exceed rigid ABS standards for offshore yachts. Hulls are molded of knitted triaxial roving, offering vastly superior impact and puncture resistance compared to conventional woven rovings or cored construction. Deck laminates are engineered for high-strength with reduced weight, utilizing Island Packet's exclusive PolyCore system. Interior construction features an engineered grid system and reinforced fiberglass structure fully bonded with the hull to form a unit structure of immense strength and durability.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.