UPDATED AND REFURBISHED
EXCEPTIONALLY NICE PILOTHOUSE TRAWLER
JUST REDUCED - NOW EXCEPTIONALLY PRICED!!
This Krogen Manatee is well suited to coastal cruising and island hopping. She would also be the ultimate boat for the rivers and canals of the Great Loop. Mango Mama is special with all her many upgrades like REFURBISHED Galley including New Stove, Refrigeration, Countertops, Sink, and Light Fixture, A REFURBISHED Head, NEW Holding Tank and Waste System including new lines, NEW MarineAir AC and ductwork, NEW Batteries, NEW Upholstery, NEWLY refinished teak, NEW Deck Furniture, FRESH BOTTOM JOB in JANUARY 2014, etc. etc. If you are shopping for a trawler, be sure to see Mango Mama before you buy.
- The list of features and upgrades to Mango Mama are extensive making her a joy to live aboard. Her full width salon cabin provides accommodations rivaled only by much larger and more costly boats. This 9'3" x 10'6" salon with more than 6'4" headroom provides plenty of room for a built-in L-shaped sofa, two recliners, and an entertainment cabinet with room in the center for a large fold-out dining table. A smaller lift-top coffee table (original table in storage) is currently in use. Double doors open onto the spacious aft deck cockpit. Forward a passageway and pass-thru window open onto the large, completely refurbished galley . NEW Silestone quartz countertops surround a large stainless sink with gooseneck brushed nickel pull-out faucet and a NEW Force 10 propane stove and oven . The quiet NEW Dometic Marine air conditioner with UV air purifier is tucked under the back corner of the counter for easy access. A sculptured bronze light fixture and a large capacity efficient Vitrifrigo AC/DC refrigerator/freezer finish off this wonderful galley. The center queen stateroom with lots of ventilation and beautiful teak woodwork is a delight. Numerous drawers, two large closets, and a vanity cabinet provide lots of storage with no musty odors. The four bronze portlights are fitted with frosted liners to ensure privacy at the dock. The Manatee Decoration provides a very nice decor touch. Just off the passageway is the refurbished head . NEW brushed nickel shower head and non-scalding valve were installed in the roomy shower. The countertop is durable quartz with brushed nickel faucet and a very nice china bowl . The heart of the head ;-) is the top-rated Raritan Elegance electric toilet . With a macerator in the head itself, all waste lines are 1" in size, minimizing the volume of flush water required.The flush goes through the Raritan Purasan treatment system and then is directed by a three-way valve directly overboard in most areas or to the holding tank where required. The original stainless steel holding tank had developed pin-hole leaks so it was replaced with the heaviest top-rated plastic tank available . All waste lines were r eplaced and the new holding tank has never been used. Accommodations - General Details Classic teak interior woodwork throughout Four large sliding windows, heavy duty aluminum frame with safety glass Large salon and galley Center Queen Stateroom New custom Roman Shade Curtains Two-part Emron finish on deck, cabin, and pilothouse Lots of storage and access to all spaces Salon - L-shaped settee with storage high-low adjustable table matching Lane recliners with microfiber side table entertainment cabinet large sliding windows port & starboard double doors open to aft deck floor hatches access to engine compartment Galley - Silestone quartz countertops propane range/oven large stainless steel sink brushed nickel gooseneck pull-out faucet AC/DC Vitrifrigo refrigerator bronze halogen light fixture sliding window teak drawers and cabinets storage bin pull-out trash bin floor hatches access to generator and mechanical space Head - Silestone quartz countertop with china sink Brushed nichel fixtures Large separate shower stall with 6'-8" headroom scald-proof shower valve sliding window Raritan Marine Elegance electric toilet, fresh water flush Raritan Purasan waste treatment system dutch door for ventilation Stateroom - center Queen size berth with Froli sleep support system two large hanging closets built-in bookcase and cabinet mirrored vanity cabinet four opening portlights with frosted privacy film large opening deck hatch four large drawers, numerous small drawers adjustable reading lights two bed lamps throw pillows Additional storage and access to bow thruster under berth
- Mechanically, Mango Mama is in good shape with less than 2200 hours on both the Volvo TMD31A 100 hp engine and the Westerbeke 8kw generator . Both were thoroughly checked out at the survey in 2011 and the belts and hose replaced to be on the safe side. Dual Racor filter elements and a separate fuel polishing system keeps the fuel clean in the 260 gallon tank. New AGM batteries provide plentiful no-maintenance DC power away from the dock including for the powerful bow thruster and windlass. The L ighthouse windlass easily handles the oversize Delta 88 main anchor. Engine and propulsion - Volvo Penta TMD 31A-100 HP (2150 hours) Wesmar Bow Thruster (Rebuilt 2010) new dripless propeller shaft seal new propeller shaft line cutter Dual Racor Fuel Filter System (easy swap) Fuel Polishing System w/D-Bug unit & Racor 1000 Filter (3rd Back-up) Oil Change Pump Fresh Water backflushing set up for engine & generator Lots of spare parts Plumbing - two automatic electric bilge pumps Stainless Steel Water & Fuel Tanks Fresh-Water Pressure System new plumbing tubing througout new Shur-Flo 4 gpm fresh water pump Whole-house 8-stage water filter purifier Watermaker - SK Engineering DB-500 Stainless steel hot water heater Raritan Marine Elegance electric freshwater toilet Purasan waste treatment system (approved for direct overboard discharge) new 35 gal Holding Tank (new, never used) Aluminum Propane Tanks (3) new MarineAir air conditioning system Dometic inline UV air purifier new ductwork throughout Electrical - 8 kW Westerbeke Generator (1950 hours) Heart Interface 2500 Inverter/Charger two 30 amp Shore Power Receptacles two new 30 amp 75 ft. shore power cables 40 amp Battery Charger AGM Batteries (new Mar 2012) - Main engine 8D, Two house 8D, Generator Group 31 110 Volt Double Receptacles (9) Galley and salon outlets protected with GFCI AC & DC (metal lined) Electrical Panel w/Circuit Breakers
- Mango Mama's spacious aft cockpit is a great spot to enjoy sunsets in faraway places. And she is ready to go cruising at a moment's notice. Pilothouse - 360 degree visibility enclosed with sliding acrylic panels full height entry doors port and starboard center windshield opens for ventilation wrap-around settee captain's chair Ritchie HD-745 marine compass (new) Autohelm 6000/7000 autopilot adjustable ratio hydraulic steering depthfinder VHF radio standard Volvo engine gauges Deck - Lower deck - double doors from salon to aft lower cockpit teak decking and cap rail wooden deck furniture with upholstered cushions ladder to upper deck two bronze aft hawsepipes two stainless steel midship cleats teak flagstaff aft coaming drop down boarding platform deck hatch access to steering gear and storage Upper deck - large walkaround upper deck with antiskid pattern surrounding stainless steel handrail and bowrail 12 vDC electric dinghy crane heavy duty SS dinghy chocks large bow anchor platform two stainless steel anchor rollers Stainless steel Lighthouse heavy duty 12 vDC windlass Electric Dingy Davit System (easy to use) Anchors - 88 lb Delta, large Danforth type, 35 lb CQR, 16 lb Danforth type stern anchor 8 mooring cleats (four forward, two midships, two aft) mast with anchor and steaming lights (can be lowered)
- 2011/2012 Upgrades and Improvements
- Fresh water plumbing - All new freshwater tubing new Shur-Flo water pump 8-stage whole-house water filter brushed nickel fixtures gooseneck pull-out galley faucet scald-proof shower control large stainless galley sink white china lavatory sink ball check overboard shower drain Waste system - All new waste plumbing 35 gal heavy duty polyethylene holding tank (new, never used) Purasan waste treatment system (approved for direct discharge in most areas) Raritan Marine Elegance electric toilet with macerator three-way valve Ventilation - New Dometic MarineAir reverse cycle AC/heat unit all new ductwork Dometic in-duct UV air purifier Windows - new heavy duty aluminum frame, safety glass sliding windows with screens in salon, galley and head new gaskets for bronze portlights in stateroom rebedded stateroom hatch and fitted new gasket Mechanical - New dripless shaft seal new line cutter propeller trued and balanced new oversize high efficiency engine air filter drain pump for AC condensate Anchoring - New 88 lb Delta anchor new heavy duty anchor roller for Delta 88 rebuilt anchor platform two new rodes (90 ft 5/16” HT chain, 200 ft ?” nylon rope) serviced windlass existing 35 lb CQR and large Danforth type anchors Danforth stern anchor Galley - New Silestone quartz countertops (galley and head) new Force 10 Princess Euro propane range/oven new SS sink and brushed nickel faucet new Vitrifrigo refrigerator new sculptured bronze halogen light fixture roll-out trash bin Electronics - new Island Time wifi antenna solid state computer and entertainment system Electrical - Galley and salon outlets rewired and protected with GFI new gel batteries (two house 8D, one engine 8D, one group 31 for generator and windlass) Previous deficient wiring sorted out and corrected Accommodations - All new salon upholstery with new batted foam and fabric two matching Lane recliners with Microfiber fabric custom curtains in salon, galley, head frosted privacy film in stateroom portlights new lamps in salon and stateroom new overhead light in head beautiful wood dolphin carving in salon manatee wall decoration in salon and stateroom Exterior trim - All teak professionally stripped, sanded and varnished teak trim on upper deck and pilothouse painted with two-part finish closely matching teak finish for reduced maintenance (can be easily stripped to varnish if desired) new aft cockpit deck furniture and cushions sanded and sealed aft deck hull buffed deck, cabin, and pilothouse professionally painted with two-part Emron finish
- Additional Information
- LOA-36’4”, Beam-13’8”, LWL-34’, Draft-3’2” Bridge clearance - Mast up - 22', Pilothouse roof - 14', Considering davit and radar unit - 16' Disp. 23,000 lb Cruising speed - 7 knots (2600 rpm, 1-1/2 gph) Max speed - 9 knots (3500 rpm) Mango Mama has a common problem with the pilothouse roof. From inside the pilothouse or from the deck outside, there is no visible indication. However, by climbing up a couple of the mast steps, you can see that the top of the roof has collapsed and rain will puddle in the center. This is a common problem with the construction of Krogen Manatees. One owner completely removed the upper skin and filler and rebuilt the roof which was a tremendous amount of work. Most owners take the approach of making sure the penetrations are well sealed and don't worry about it. These are the kind of problems that may be encountered on an older yacht. However, with the gorgeous and roomy accommodations, excellent mechanical condition, and the upgraded systems, they are easily overlooked.
- Owners personal items not listed here are not a part of this sale. The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of this vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyers desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Available for co-brokerage on a 50/50 basis. Brokers outside Florida contact us for full details. LISTED BY CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL YACHT BROKER. Click for more info