One of America's Best Built - Best Known - Best Sailing Vessels
Capable of True Offshore Sailing - Club Racing - or Relaxing Cruising
Two Private Cabins - One Large Head with Separate Stall Shower - Full Galley
Sailed Regularly by Her Current Owner
All Harken Deck Fittings, and Equipment - Edson Steering System
Fully Batened Main - 150% Genoa on Haren Roller Furler - A-Symetrical Spinnaker
Molded Swim Platform in Sugar Scoop Stern with Transom Shower
Original Owner Vessel
Standing Rigging Has Been Replacd - New Thru Hull Fittings - New Instruments
Full Bimini and Dodger
Excellent vessel for true Offshore sailing or coastal cruising. This is a performance cruiser that will satisfy the most descriminating sailor. Her classic Tartan lines turn heads whenever she approaches. Her large cocpit - wide side decks - and easy to handle sail plan make her a joy to handle - Call immediately to see this vessel or discuss further.
- LOA...............................38 ft ........... 11.60 meters LWL .............................31 ft ............. 9.45 meters Beam .......................12 ft 5 in .......... 3.79 meters Draft ..........................5 ft 4 in ........... 1.62 meters Displacement ..........16,000 lbs ............... 7,258 kilo Ballast .....................6,500 lbs ................ 2,949 kilo Standard Sail Area ...672 sq ft ..........62.43 sq meters Bridge Clearance ......... 55 ft ............... 16.77 meters Engine ..... Westerbeke Diesel 38B4 38 HP ( 900 hrs estimated - no hour meter) Fuel Tankage ...............38 gal ............... 143.85 liters Water Tankage .............80 gal ....... ...... 308.83 liters Holding Tank ................ 24 gal ............. 90.85 liters Builder - Tartan Yachts - Grand River, Ohio
- Vessel sleeps total of 7 people: (2) in Owner's cabin - forward,,,(2) in aft cabin,, (1) Salon settee to Port,,, (2) convertible Dinette to Starbd. FORWARD MASTER: Contains a Queen size V-Berth with storage below, including (6) pull out drawers and additional open storage below the berth. ...Hanging locker additional storage lockers ...Corian sink and Vanity w/ pressurized hot/cold water ...Side book shelves ...Settee ...Access to chain locker ...19" x 19" Overhead Lewmar opening hatch ... (2) opening ports and (2) Chrome Dorades ... Privacy door AFT GUEST CABIN: Contains a Queen sized berth with storage below. ...Hanging locker ...Vanity cabinet ... Book shelves ... Opening Lewmar deck hatch, plus Two opposing opening ports for ventilation ... Privacy door Off white structural interior hull liner with interior grid bonded to hull. Bulkheads and risers are teak faced marine plywood - Cabinetry and trim is hand rubbed teak. Cabin sole is varnished teak and holly - Overhead liner is teak battened FRP with strategically placed accent panels.
- VESSEL WALK THROUGH
- Vessel can be boarded from opening gates in the lifelines - Port and Starbd - or from the over-sized built in swim platform in the sugar scoop transom. Her spacious cockpit allows for comfortable movement and access to the interior. Upon descending the companionway stairs, the Galley is to Starbd,and forward facing Nav Station , with comfortable seat, is to Port. There is access to the over-sized Head next to the Nav Station, on Port side, and also very convenient to the companionway. Head has a separate shower stall with inside door. Forward of the Galley - on Starbd side - is a large U-shaped Dinette that converts to a double berth - Opposite on Port side is a full length Settee that converts to a single berth The Salon has excellent traffic flow, and loads of storage space - Below the seats, in side cabinets and in bookshelves.Forward of the Salon is a Private stateroom with queen sized V-berth and a good deal of storage space. Aft of the Galley, on Starbd side, is a second private cabin with standing headroom and loads of storage space.
- SALON - GALLEY - DINING
- SALON: Salon is open and spacious with Full Dinette to Starbd w/ folding table - Table sides can be folded down for more space - one side opened in curved seating area to serve 6 people or second side opened to serve addition guests on Settee on Port side. There are several opening port and an opening overhead hatch for light and ventilation.There is also continuous ventilation through dorade vents. A full Nav station is on the Port side, opposite the Galley with forward facing seat, chart table, and additional storage - There is adequate room for the electronics. plus 3 drawes and tube chart storage. Lewmar16" x16" opening deck hatch plus (6) opening ports Teak hardwood cabinets throughout Teak and Holly sole Furniture quality varnished pedestal table with 2 side leaves GALLEY: A U-shaped Galley is on Starbd side at the foot of the companionway - there is lots of counter space - with the counter separating the Galley from the Dinette. Galley features extensive lockers, shelves, and drawers - Teak louvered doors, and teak fiddles and trim. Large insulated icebox with dual top opening doors, and lower front opening door. 3 burner gambled Force 10 propane stove and oven Double SS sink on center-line with Hot/cold pressurized water 9" deep Fresh water hand pump at sink Opening port Built in trash bin Corian counter tops HEAD: Over-sized head with separate shower stall aft,w/ Plexiglas divider. Forward section contains Vanity and sink - Manual head w/ holding tank Molded Corian sink Overhead Lewmar deck hatch, plus opening side port
- ELECTRICAL - ELECTRONICS
- ELECTRICAL: (3) type 27 marine batteries 30 amp shore power connection with 50' cord full AC/DC circuit panel w/breaker switches UL approved stranded, tinned copper wiring Battery charger - 20 Amp Interior cabin dome lights - Berth directional lights Courtesy night lighting Navigation lights ELECTRONICS--- HELM: Raymarine T 6001 Auto Pilot (2) Raymarine ST-60 wind speed and direction - one for apparent wind, one for true wind Raymarine ST-60 Tri-data - speed, depth, log , GPS co-ordinates Ritchie Compass NAV STATION: Raymarine Tri data- speed, depth, log - GPS co-ordinates Standard Horizon VHF
- Westerbeke diesel - model 38B4 - 38 HP (estimated 900 hours - no hour meter installed) Fuel injectors replace 2009 3 blade folding Max-Prop Automatic bilge pumps
- HULL and DECK
- White fiberglass hull - hand laminated with directional "E" glass. Partially balsa cored above the waterline for stiffness. Gel-coat back-up layer is laminated using vinyl ester resin for blister resistance. Hull has teak toe-rail with aluminum chocks where line passes through,. and heavy duty SS cleats. Deck has sand colored gel coat with molded non-skid, consisting of uni-directional "E" glass - balsa cored for stiffness. Extra wide side decks for easy movement fore & aft Shallow draft with Beaver tail bulb keel attached to hull with SS bolts T-shaped cockpit for maximum space - Edson pedestal steering with 40 inch SS destroyer wheel - and Emergency tiller - cockpit seat locker to Port - Helm Seat storage locker to Starbd - Propane tank storage locker to Port (4) Dorade vents to interior w/ SS guards Full Bimini top and dodger Transom Shower Thru hulls replace Oct. 2006 (1) claw anchor with chain rode (1) Fortress anchor Stanchions with double lifelines SS bow rail and stern push-pit Housetop teak handrails SS bow plate for protection from anchor - w/ anchor roller - flush on-deck anchor locker w/overboard drain
- SAILS and RIGGING
- Sloop rigged vessel with large 150% Genoa Aluminum polyurethane finished double spreader tapered mast w/internal halyards. Aluminum Polyurethane finished boom with internal out-haul and slab reefing Fully battened Main sail w/lazy jacks 150% Genoa on roller furler Asymmetrical spinnaker in chute New standing rigging Oct. 2006 w/Sta-lock fittings Inboard chain plate attachments Outboard -1-1/4" sail tracks with 2 cars and snatch blocks Inboard Genoa 1-1/4" sail tracks w/ (2) wide sheave cars Spinlock Express rope clutches on cabin top Adjustable baby-stay rigid adjustable Vang All Harken sailing hardware Harken roller furler Harkin deck turning blocks Harken traveler with tagline adjustment Harken winches: (2) Harken # 48 ST primary winches - (1) harken #32 ST cabin top winch - (1) harken #32 cabin top winch Main and jib halyard - plus (2) spare halyards Spinnaker pole with topping lift Sail Area 672 sq ft I- Fore-triangle height 49' 9" J - Fore-triangle base 14' 7 1/2" P - Mainsail Luff 43' 4 " E- Mainsail foot 14' 3" Bridge Clearance 55 ft
- Manufacturer Comments
- " We have enjoyed great success in this size during Tartan's history, starting with the original Hood designed T-37 through the most recent Tartan 372 Design innovation while maintaining a healthy respect for traditional aesthetics has been paramount. The Tartan 3800 continues this leadership. Tartan 3800 Hull, keel, rudder and rig have been honed through experience to provide unmatched handling under both power and sail. Wholesome proportions produce an easily handled, agile performer. Equally important, she possesses pleasing lines, surely to be envied in any harbor. Interior appointments feature Tartan trademark teak joinery as evidenced by the extensive teak louvered door cabinetry, dovetail drawers and beautifully.varnished drop leaf main cabin table. The knowledgeable sailor and experienced buyer Will recognize the skill and abilities of our craftsman. In producing a yacht of this stature, Care must be taken in the selection of her hardware, fittings, and components. Only the best will be found on the Tartan 3800; Harkin deck fittings, blocks, travelers, winches, Lewnmar hatches, Offshore spars mast and booms, Edson steering system, custom SS from Tops-in-W\Quality, Cook NPG ISO Thalic gelcoats, Interplastic vinylester resin and Baltek balsa coring to name a few. They all come together to enhance Tartan 3800's performance, value, durability Tartan, again the industry pioneer in producing yachts of uncompromising pedigree.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.