This is an excellent example of the Classic GB 42, with good “bones”.and in very good running order. I sold this vessel to the present owners in ’05 right after they retired. They bought in order to do the Great Loop and then the Bahamas. One of the few who executed their plans and they just arrived back in Savannah from their 5 year odyssey having completed their adventures. The owner was meticulous about the engines and went to Bob Smiths’ American Diesel School. The genset was new in ’05. Updated electronics, electric dinghy winch, complete canvas with full flybridge bimini and 3 sided enclosures are just some of the highlights. Reasonably priced on today’s market.
- Displacement: 34,000
- Total Power: 120
- BROWN EYED GAL is a good example of the classic double cabin Grand Banks 42 with good bones and in good running condition. The present owners bought this boat in 2005 to do the great loop and the Bahamas. These owners are some of the few who actually accomplished their goals. Vessel owner went to Bob Smith’s American diesel school. The genset was new in 2005 and has about 270 original hours. Aluminum fuel tanks replaced original iron tanks. April of 2011 both engine batteries were replaced, complete new bimini and all new 3 sided isinglass curtains were installed, brand new out of the box Garmin radar added and fresh bottom paint, 2 coats, and running gear was treated with a multi part treatment and new zincs
- Vessel Walkthrough
- Standard Vee berth forecabin with enclosed W/C aft to starboard with LectraSan toilet. Up a couple of steps to the salon with Pullman style galley to port with separate freezer (10 degrees) and separate refrigerator (38 degrees). 3 burner Princess stove with oven. Microwave oven and single stainless steel sink. All counter tops have been refinished with a crème formica surface. Settee to starboard with drop leaf table. Parquet floors with easy access to engine compartment. Down several steps to aft cabin with a double berth to starboard and desk and counter to port. Enclosed head with shower.
- Main Salon
- Grand Banks fabric on the re-upholstered settee. Access doors either side of saloon, great drop leaf table and refinished countertops and wall coverings. Easy access to engine room. Standard Pullman style galley along the port side with under the counter freezer aft and under the counter refrigerator forward, 3 burner princess electric stove with oven, Magic Chef microwave oven, single stainless steel sink. Loads of quality GB woodwork. Custom tile installation outboard of sink. To starboard there is a lowboy aft of the helm station with bar storage and an icemaker and multiple drawers containing all ships’ manuals.
- Master Stateroom
- Very nicely refinished owners’ cabin with mirrored walls and new counter tops in desk area. Double berth set off to starboard, offering a large floor space and cabinets running along the starboard side with desk and hanging locker, cedar lined and lighted. Master head is to starboard with separate stall shower.
- ORIGINAL IRON FUEL TANKS REPLACED WITH ALUMINUM TANKS Extensive blue sunshield covers for all rails and transom. Teak decks. All the windows have sunscreen protection and help to keep the interior cool, especially in the Bahamas. Full flybridge bimini with three sided isinglass panels and curtains (new April 2011)and wind breakers around the rails. Extra chairs for flybridge Seawolf (Scotland)12 Volt Anchor Windlass With Toe Buttons Twin CQR Anchors With Chain And Rope Rodes Fender Holders Fenders Dock Lines Lifejackets Jack Staff And Flagstaff With Pennant And Ensign Revamped Dinghy Hoist Boom With 3’ Extension And Strong Back Aluminum Pole With 12 Volt 1700 Lb Capacity Electric Winch 4 Fish Pole Holders Mounted On Stern. Spreader Lights Flag Halyard. Blue sunshield covers for rails and transom Sunscreen covers for all windows Full flybridge bimini with 3 sided enclosure – all new April, 2011
- Electronics And Helm
- Brand new Garmin Radar – April 2011 Apelco VHF Datamarine Depth Seth Thomas Clock And Barometer Samsung Sync Master 730B Monitor Screen Interfaced With Garmin GPS 3210 Chart Plotter Installed On Flybridge Standard Horizon VHF Upper Compasses Robertson AP300X Autopilot At Both Stations Both Helm Stations Have Updated Engine Gauges: Faria Tachs And VDO Instruments For Oil, Water And Volt. “Follow Me” –Track TV System with Westinghouse TV in Saloon. NOTE: All gauges, i.e., tachs, oil pressure, volt meter, water temp and engine hour gauges were installed new by the owner in 2005.
- Westerbeke 7.5KW Genset Installed New In ’05 And Has 270 Original Hours 4 – 6 volt batteries in series 2 new 12 volt engine batteries – April, 2011 Freedom HF 1800 Inverter/charger Dual 30 amp – 125 volt electrical inlets with shore power cords and pigtail
- Engine and Mechanical Equipment
- Being a graduate of Smith’s Diesel School, the owner has properly maintained these very efficient work horses. And followed Smiths’ recommendation to replace all the engine gauges. Original 2250 hours and regular oil changes ensure long life. Engine hour meters read approximately 770. The owner installed these meters in 2005. 3 air-conditioning units with reverse cycle heat.
- Broker's Remarks
- Great ‘Bones’. Spring commissioning by the owner adding new bimini and isinglass curtains, new batteries, new radar and fresh bottom paint and zincs totally over $12,000.00 all for the next owner.
- Commision Disclaimer
- All UYS listings are offered to the brokerage community at a specific split with 60% going to the selling broker and 40% to the listing broker. If brokerages do not share their listings 60/40 with UYS or other brokerages, UYS will abide by the same split as offered by that particular brokerage. All listings should be assumed to be 10% of the selling price. Any exceptions to the above will be noted here in the Boat Wizard listing. This is a 50 / 50 Commission Split
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.