The Nautor Swan 53 is a fine example of a racer/cruiser with excellent construction quality and strong pedigree. TOBOGGAN has spent most of her life in Southern California. She is set up for cruising with a generator and roller furling headsails. Spacious three stateroom layout sleeps six comfortably and features a full beam master.
Under the current ownership, TOBOGGAN has undergone a fairly major system refit, including a new engine, head system, fuel tank inspection, mast step, and much more.
- Accommodations consist of three staterooms and two heads with an additional fold-down berth in the salon. The interior is finished in the highest quality teak, typical of Nautor Swan. The full beam master stateroom is aft with centerline berth, hanging lockers on both sides, and ample storage. Access to the master head and shower is on the starboard side. The galley is located forward of the master stateroom in the portside companionway. Split stainless steel sinks, cold plate refrigerator and freezer, and a four-burner propane stove allow for preparation of large meals, whether in port or underway. The salon is a wonderful venue for entertaining and dining alike. A large dining table occupies the portside with seating for eight. Adjacent is an entertainment center and a card table with settees on either side, a feature not typically found in a Swan 53. Aft to starboard is the navigation station, with a large chart table, plenty of storage, and all the navigation electronics at your fingertips. Forward of the salon are the twin guest staterooms, each with over/under berths, hanging lockers, and cabinet storage. The guest head and shower is forward and can be accessed from both staterooms. The forepeak storage area is forward of the guest head. It has two lifting pipe berths, leaving plenty of room for stowing racing and/or cruising gear.
- Main Salon
- Ultra Leather settee Dinette with teak table Hinged dinette seating, generator access beneath Flat screen TV Toshiba DVD Player Fusion stereo system Concealed port berth
- Alpes 4-burner stove/oven Microwave oven (2) Cold-plate, 4 cu. ft. refrigerators 24v & freezer (per refit) Corian countertops, including stovetop Dual stainless steel sink
- Master Stateroom
- Centerline berth Cabinet storage Hanging lockers B&G sail instrument readout
- Port and Starboard Guest Stateroom
- Single upper/lower bunks Cabinet storage Hanging lockers
- Navigation and Electronics
- Garmin radar (per refit) Furuno weather fax Horizon VHF (per refit) Simrad Autopilot (per refit) B&G Hydra fathometer B&G magnified wind direction B&G wind/speed/direction/heading (2) Garmin chartplotters (per refit) 6” Suunto compass 57’ Leather wrapped stainless steel destroyer wheel Volvo main engine controls (per refit) Genset remote gauges Chart light Shakespear HD antenna
- Engine and Mechanical Equipment
- Volvo 110hp engine (per refit) Dual Racor fuel filters (per refit) Electric heads (per refit)
- Electrical System
- 12/24V DC and 120V AC Systems 30amp 125V AC and 50amp 125/250V AC shore power inlets Westerbeke diesel generator, approx 650 hours Victron Inverter/charger, 3kw (new in 2010) Victron Inverter remote control (new in 2010) Victron battery charger (new in 2010) LifeLine batteries (new in 2011)
- Deck and Hull Construction
- Stainless steel bow pulpit Stainless steel bow roller CQR anchor with 3/8” galvanized chain Thru hull valves (per refit) Stainless steel stanchions with double lifelines Stainless steel pulpit Outboard motor davit on aft radar mast Outboard motor mount Lofrans Falkon horizontal electric windlass - rebuilt (per refit) Stainless steel swim ladder Cockpit dodgers, both forward and aft, and new canvas (per refit) Bimini top on stainless steel frame to helm station and aft cockpit - new canvas (per refit) Complete boat cover Chain locker in forepeak (1) Chain locker hand pump Cockpit shower Custom aft cockpit teak table Vinyl cockpit cushions (8) Skylight hatches Stainless steel radar mast
- Sails and Rigging
- (3) Spreader tall rig Nautor aluminum alloy mast and boom Stainless steel rod standing rigging (per refit) Sail locker 1x7 Stainless steel standing rigging (per refit) (2) Lewmar #30 self-tailing winches (2) Lewmar #43 self-tailing winches (1) Lewmar #16 self-tailing winch (2) Lewmar #700 self-tailing winches (2) Lewmar #46 self-tailing winches (2) Lewmar #65 self-tailing winches, electric (per refit) (4) #52 Winches (9) Single sheave blocks (refurbished) (1) Double sheave block (refurbished) (1) Double sheave turning block (refurbished) (1) Single sheave turning block (refurbished) Reckman Masten roller furling jib (refurbished) (4) Aluminum tee tracks Stainless steel turnbuckles (2) Nicro ventilators Antal bat car system (per refit) New mainsail track system (per refit) Lazy Jacks (per refit) Main sail cover (per refit) Insulated back stay (2) Running back stays (2) Spinnaker poles Lewmar main sheet traveler Navtec hydraulic baby stay Navtec hydraulic back stay Navtec hydraulic flattener Navtec hydraulic vang Misc. spare lines
- Sail Inventory
- (1) Patterson Mainsail (new in 2010) (1) North Genoa 135% (1) Patterson 150% genoa (new in 2010) (1) Storm Tri-sail (1) 1.5 oz. Spinnaker (bright blue) (2) Asymmetric Spinnakers Hood racing sails: (1) Mainsail – Spectra, two reefs (1) 150% Genoa – Spectra (1) 140% Genoa – Spectra (1) 98% Genoa- Spectra
- Safety Equipment
- Orion kit Avon 8-man life raft (4) Type II and (4) Type III life jackets (4) Fire extinguishers; ABC Size I, II, Dry and Halotron Fireboy fixed system with alarm and monitor EPIRB Life sling Fiberglass MOB pole
- The Nautor Swan 53 is a fine example of a racer/cruiser with excellent construction quality and strong pedigree. TOBOGGAN has spent most of her life in Southern California. She is set up for cruising with a generator and roller furling headsails. Spacious three stateroom layout sleeps six comfortably and features a full beam master. Refit 2009 - 2012 Over the past four years this knowledgeable owner put together a most capable team and undertook a refit from stem to stern, both topsides and below deck. Topsides included rebuilding the anchor windlass, refurbished Reckman headsail furling system, new standing and running rigging, new deck blocks and sheaves, added new mainsail track, (2) new electric jib sheet winches, new dodger, bimini and mainsail cover. Rudder was dropped, inspected and new bearings and new steering cables, new Avon life raft mounted on deck. The electronics where updated, including new Garmin radar, Simrad auto pilot, plotter, and VHF. Below decks included a new mast step, all new plumbing, new through hull values, tanks pulled and inspected and reinstalled new main engine, new exhaust for main engine and genset, new water heater, new 24 volt refrigeration and freezer systems, (2) new electric heads, new batteries, and LED navigation lights. Pretty much everything below the floor boards has been pulled, inspected, refurbished, or replaced. The interior teak is in excellent condition. New mattresses and curtains, aft cabin has new leather upholstery on settee. TOBOGGAN is ready to blue water sail.
- Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be true and correct but cannot be guaranteed.
- Specifications and details of this vessel are provided in good faith for informational purposes only. Data regarding the specifications, operating characteristics, and condition of the vessel was obtained from sources believed to be reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, capacities, consumptions and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided and agrees to instruct his agent or surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price and inventory changes and withdrawl from market without notice.
- For complete details, contact Central Agent Jim Elliott at (949) 642-5735 or e-mail: email@example.com