Hobo is a well maintained Kaufman 49 cutter rig with beautiful lines quite similar to a Swan. Many upgrades include new white Awlgrip topside and new dodger and bimini in 2010, NavPod w/Garmin 4212 w/XM radio weather at helm, new Yanmar 75 hp engine installed in 2004 (presently 650 hrs), new sails in 2006, new salon upholstery in 2008, recent stainless steel deck hatches, one electric Rartan head. The galley was reconstructed with new insulation using state of the art Glacier Bay (R-50) panels and Frigoboat 12 volt systems. The bottom had a complete barrier coat in winter of 03/04 and latest antifouling bottom job was in 2012. Viking 4 man life-raft was registered in Feb 2012.
OWNER IS MOTIVATED AND WILL CONSIDER TRADING UP TO A 55 to 65 Power Boat.
Call to set up an appointment to see this beautiful cutter rigged Kaufman 49.
- Builder / Designer
- Builder: Kaufman Designer: Kaufman
- LOA: 49 feet LWL: 40.17 feet Beam: 13.75 feet Displacement: 28,900 pounds Bridge Clearance: 62 feet Ballast 10,700 pounds Draft: 4'10" / 8' Centerboard presently secured in up position
- Engine(s): Yanmar Model: 4JH-TE (new in 2005 HP: 75 Hours: 650 Cruising Speed: 8.63 mph Max Speed: 9.78 mph
- Fuel: 80 Gallons (aluminum) in two tanks with fuel management system and transfer pump Water: 200 Gallon (stainless) Holding: Approx 30 gallon (polypropylene Hot Water Heater: 6 gallon
- The interior features 3 private staterooms and 2 heads with showers. V-berth forward with small centerline settee. Aft on port is a head, vanity and stall shower with access from forward cabin or main salon. To starboard is a dressing settee, storage and hanging locker. Continuing aft to the salon with convertible U-shaped settee berth and drop-leaf table accessible from both settees. There is built-in storage above both settee berths. The U-shaped galley is immediately aft on port. A private stateroom follows with hanging locker, storage, dressing settee and double quarter berth. Opposite the galley is a second head, vanity and shower. Immediately aft is a private double stateroom with hanging locker, storage and small settee. The interior features beautiful teak woodwork with high gloss varnish, teak and holly cabin sole and custom upholstery.
- New upholstery 2008 4 reading lights, LCD bulbs Clock/barometer 3 hatches 3 x 110 volt outlets 4 overhead lights 2 prisms
- The galley has been recently upgraded with Corian counter tops, sink and custom faucet. The refrigeration and freezer box were rebuilt with the state of the art Glacier Bay insulation panels (R-50) and two Frigoboat 12 volt compressors with keel coolers. Frigoboat freezer and refrigerator 12 volt New 2004 Glacier Bay (R-50) refrigerator panels Corian counter tops New 2004 Corian seamless sink New 2004 Kitchen faucet New 2004 Separate filtered drinking water faucet Shipmate propane three burner stove with oven Propane shutoff Solar vent Prism
- Master Stateroom
- The master stateroom on Hobo is the forward cabin with a large V berth and private head with shower. Ample storage is located in one hanging locker and sets of drawers on the starboard side. There is a small settee in the cabin adding to the warm ambiance of the vessel. New upholstery 2005 (2) 110 v outlets Fan Reading light Overhead light Prism Hatch
- Forward Head
- The forward head is large and features a separate stall shower, vanity and sink forward and storage outboard in two lockers Manual head with holding tank Macerator pump Prism 1 hatch Solar vent Overhead light 110 v outlet
- Guest Staterooms
- The two aft quarter cabins are ideal for offshore sailing. Splitting the berth cushions with lee cloths, the bunks become proper sea berths for two, and the occupants are near the cockpit for quick access to the cockpit. Both aft cabins are spacious and offer large areas to change clothes and many storage areas for gear. Each cabin contains: 3 opening ports 110 v. outlet Reading light Fan Sliding pocket door
- Aft Head
- This head is located opposite the galley and used as a day head and hanging locker for foul weather gear. Storage is available in two outboard lockers with doors. The shower in this head is integrated with shower pan below. Raritan electric head New 2007 Shower sump 12 volt pump 110 v outlet Overhead light Solar vent Prism
- Navigation Center and Electronics
- The navigation station is conveniently located to starboard, facing aft and shares the aft end of the settee for seating. There are numerous drawers and cabinets along with the navigation table with storage below. Garmin 4212 Chart plotter with XM weather module New 2007 Garmin Depth/Sonar NavPod at helm New 2010 Garmin radar, 18 miles radius ICOM MHO2 VHF cockpit New 2006 B&G Wind speed and direction B&G Depth Cetrek 737 Autopilot with remote Glomex Omnidirectional TV antenna New 2010
- Electrical System
- Engine mounted alternator - 220 amp High Output Yanmar engine start battery Alternator - Yanmar 50 AMP Air X wind generator New 2007 Prosine 40 amp battery charger New 2008 2 x 4D AGM batteries 200 amp hrs each New 2006 Engine start battery Emergency battery parallel start switch Master 12 volt switches Master AC and DC voltage panel Battery charger Tri-color masthead light Spreader lights anchor light and running lights 50' shore power cord
- Engine and Mechanical
- 2004 Yanmar 75 hp turbo diesel – 650 hours Engine mounted alternator Dual manifold Racor fuel filter 6 gallon stainless steel hot water heater New 2003 Maxprop 3 blade New 2005 Macerator pump forward head Engine compartment painted
- The rugged keel centerboard system houses the board entirely in the lead casting. The board is currently secured in the up posistion so keel draws 4'10". The rudder structure was designed to stand by itself, without the skeg in the event the skeg is broken away. The shroud chainplates and bolt pattern spread the load over the chainplate bulkhead, which in turn spreads loads well out aft along the hull skin through two widely spaced bulkheads. New White Awlgrip topside paint 2010 Compete barrier coat job completed over the winter of 2004 Bottom antifouling paint 2012
- The deck on Hobo is an overlayed teak. There are a total of 12 deck prisms - rebedded July 2008 Teak deck Black aluminum toe rail Over sized mooring and spring cleats Maxwell 1000 Windlass New 2008 5 New Lexan hatches New 2005 Merriman Yacht Specialties pedestal Shurflow Blaster 3.4 Saltwater washdown hose and pump New 2008 Manual bilge pump Cockpit shower, hot and cold Swim ladder New 2006 Large chain locker with deck access 45 lbs CQR stainless steel 200' 3/8" high test anchor chain New 2008 Spare Spade anchor with 250' nylon rode Shore power inlet Cable TV inlet
- Sails and Rigging
- The mast and boom on Hobo are anodized aluminum with a mast height of 62'. The rig is designed with two spreaders and running backstays, internal halyards. The boom is also designed with internal jiffy reefing and outhaul. North Sails mainsail fully battened New 2006 North Sails 115% jib New 2006 Staysail Asymmetrical spinnaker (Blue, Red, Green) Storm jib Storm trysail Hood roller furling unit New halyards and sheets replaced as needed Detachable staysail stay Navtec hydraulic backstay Manual vang Barient Winches Mast 1 x #22 3 x #27 ST - halyard 1 x #25 on deck Primary # 36 ST Secondary # 32 ST Cockpit #22 ST Centerboard winch #18
- Faircloth full boat cover Dodger and Bimini with connector New 2010 Sailcover New 2010
- Viking 4 Man Life Raft registered Feb 2012 Stainless steel stanchions with double lifelines Emergency tiller 2 fire extinguishers Flares
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Kevin Welsh / Edwards Yacht Sales / 321.693.1642 / Kevin@EdwardsYachtSales.com CLICK HERE TO SEARCH FOR MORE QUALITY SAILBOATS Out-of-State buyers can now buy and use their boat in beautiful Florida for up to 180 days with No Florida Sales Tax! Ask your EYS broker for details.