- 43 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- 4JH2E FWC diesel
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
It is rare that any Sou’wester 43 comes to market, and SPIRIT WIND is especially desirable since she is now being offered for the first time by her original owner. From day one, this vessel was designed, and fully equipped, for luxurious coastal cruising. With just the right balance of technical gear and creature comforts, she is set up for easy short-handed sailing, but also has the room to make her a perfect vacation home for a family who want to enjoy the fun of sailing to new coves and harbors.
- SPIRIT WIND is a fast, keel/centerboard, reverse transom sloop with a carbon fiber mast and spade rudder. She graciously sleeps 5-6 persons in her varnished cherry interior that includes a dinette, separate nav station, full galley and more custom features. Gleaming varnished teak, elegant appointments, and her stunning deep red hull have caused many to stop and admire SPIRIT WIND as she sat on her mooring just off the Hinckley dock at the mouth of Somes Sound. She is now available and ready for some lucky new owner to take her to new horizons. *Interior photos coming.
- HULL and DECK
- Deep Red Awlgrip topsides Oyster White Awlgrip cabin top & deck with molded-in Camel brown nonskid pattern Double white boottop (2001) Gold cove Black bottom Varnished teak rub rail with solid stainless steel cap Varnished teak exterior trim Construction: The hull is hand laid laminate of blister resistant vinylester resin, reinforced with a knit hybrid of Kevlar and polyester E-glass - greatly increases the strength of the hull, particularly toward impact resistance. 1" Airex core is incorporated in the hull for enhanced strength to weight ratio and for thermal/acoustic insulation as well. Core material is deleted and substituted with additional laminations of solid laminate in all stress areas. The deck is set in a 6" flange in the hull, fiberglassed and bolted to form a solid joint. Marelon ball-valve seacocks. Keel: 8500 lb. external lead keel - bolted with 1" stainless steel bolts. Centerboard: Fiberglass - and withHinckleyslot closure device. Spade rudder Deck features: Stainless steel stem iron, bow roller, bow pulpit and stern pulpit Stainless steel stanchions with double lifelines and gates Varnished teak toe rails, housetop hand rails, teak hatch and dorade boxes Twin dorade ventilators (Main Salon and Head) with stainless steel dorade guard Stainless steel #316L deck hardware Harken stainless steel blocks Stainless steel recessed genoa tracks (2) Bronzed translucent cabin top hatches Saltwater deckwash
- Large T-shaped cockpit with inlaid teak cockpit sole includes an aft Helmsman area with pedestal steering. Aft of the winch islands, the helmsman has comfortable outboard seating with cut-down varnished teak cockpit coamings. Port and starboard "gull wing" concave helmsman seats are aft of the steering pedestal with custom fit cushion. Folding teak helm step Forward, the varnished teak-capped coaming has port and starboard winch pockets and provides a comfortable passenger seating area with large cockpit seats port and starboard. Cockpit seats open to provide large storage areas. Sail/equipment locker has a stainless steel bar for line stowage and is lockable from the main cabin. Recessed engine instruments and switches are handy to the helmsman 12-volt outlet – in pedestal (2) Cockpit watertight speaker jacks – port/stbd of forward instrument pod Varnished teak cockpit companionway hatch forward. Helm Station: Edson pedestal wheel steering: Stainless steel binnacle guardrail Stainless steel destroyer-type 40” wheel - elkhide covered rim Single lever engine control 6" Compass - binnacle mounted with stainless steel cover Raymarine E-80 Radar-Plotter – pedestal mounted Teak instrument pod over companionway includes: Ockam full Grand Prix system with 4 displays in instrument pod and 2 at Nav Station B&G analogue apparent wind angle meter More features include: Dodger - Sunbrella with zippered front window + elkhide covered grab rail Awning - Zips to dodger Cockpit Table -Hinckley varnished teak table, pedestal mounted and folding Weather cover - Sunbrella pedestal cover Cockpit cushions – include custom cushion for concave helm seat Emergency tiller system
- ACCOMMODATIONS BELOW
- Entry is into the aft Main Cabin via the centerline cockpit companionway forward down four steps with teak treads and varnished teak port and starboard handrails to the accommodations below. Companionway features include: Teak companionway hatch boards Companionway screen Custom teak port and starboard handrails at the companionway Extra natural light and ventilation below when the companionway hatch is open Steps can be removed for access to the engine aft INTRODUCTION: Spirit Wind offers a comfortable satin-varnished interior that sleeps 5-6 people and is crafted with a varnished teak and holly sole. White overheads with varnished cherry trim. Recessed halogen. dome and Frigast stainless steel interior lighting Excellent ventilation and natural light via ports and (2) overhead bronzed hatches with screens (4) Opening portlights with screens – Fwd cabin, head, and (2) main salon (4) Fans Interior curtains throughout Main cabin cushions – Steel Blue UltraSuede. Forward cabin aft double Quarterberth cushions – Claret UltraSuede Integral handrails over outboard and custom handrail overhead, as well as inboard grab hole at the nav station. Entertainment is provided by: Blauppunkt Sante Fe Cassette receiver and CDC-M4 changer (2) Pair speakers – cloth with cherry ring – flush installation Additional watertight speaker jacks in cockpit The Interior accommodations include: Main Cabin - Includes Main Salon with dinette area forward, aft Double Quarterberth area, Nav Station, and Galley Head – Private – Forward port Master Cabin - Forward VESSEL WALKTHROUGH : MAIN CABIN (Interior aft): Forward – Main Salon, full-width is forward (with dinette to starboard) Aft starboard -Separate Nav station and an aft Double Quarterberth Aft to port - Full Galley. The Galley, Quarterberth area and Nav Station are all readily available to the cockpit. Galley (Aft Port): Immediately to port of the companionway is the outboard U-shaped Galley with Antique white Formica countertops. Double stainless steel sink with a cutting board/sink cover, single hot & cold pressure water faucet, hand sink sprayer, plus a freshwater hand pump. Force 10 gimballed stainless steel 3-burner propane stove with oven and broiler - solenoid shut-off Separate Seafrost refrigerator and freezer (engine-driven) compartments - accessed through the countertop Storage - Countertop accessed bin storage, drawers, shelf and louvered door locker storage Knife rack – teak flush mounted 6-Glass rack Paper towel rack Navigation Station Starboard, across from the Galley, is the forward-facing Nav Station Custom electronics cabinet. Full-size, opening cherry nav desk - with 3-drawers under and chart storage within Nav seat - opens for nav storage Access to the 12-volt and 110-volt electrical panels. Electronics: Ockam full Grand Prix system - with 4 displays in instrument pod and 2 at Nav Station B&G analogue Apparent Wind Angle meter – pod mounted (2) Raymarine Radar/Chartplotters - E120 = nav station with, E80 at helm - mast mounted radar dome and GPS/Chartplotters interfaced to autopilot and GPS INI compass to radar. ICOM M-120 FM/VHF radio Aft Double Quarterberth Area (aft of the Nav station) Full open double quarterberth area Locker storage over Main Salon Amidship is the full-width Main Salon with Dinette to starboard and entertainment area to port. To Starboard: The U-shaped Dinette has cushioned seating and storage behind the seats. The dinette converts to a sleeping double berth area with a custom center pull-out in the settee. Over outboard is a small pilot berth The solid cherry dining table has a drop-leaf and has center storage, accessed through a lift-out top. Outboard are forward and aft louvered door lockers, bookshelf and shelves outboard. To Port: A curved cushioned settee has storage behind the seats Outboard are forward and aft louvered door lockers and bookshelf. Forward to port is a bureau with shelf top and a louvered door locker over outboard Full-length cedar-lined hanging locker is forward of the bureau. HEAD Next forward to starboard, the Head features include: Separate stall shower with plexiglass door, Grohe custom shower head, teak seat outboard, and waterproofed locker and shelves above. Antique White countertop with single stainless steel sink with hot and cold pressure water Mirror is over with recessed fluorescent light Marine toilet to holding tank, with 12-volt macerator pump There are lockers with shelves outboard. Overhead light Opening portlight with screen. FORWARD STATEROOM : A cushioned double berth is formed when the V-berth adapter is inserted in the V-berths. A cushioned seat between the berths Storage drawers under the berths and locker stowage above. Bureaus with 3-drawers are port and starboard next aft. Full-length hanging locker. Overhead translucent hatch with screen has forward/aft opening for extra light and natural ventilation Hella fan. Opening port with screen This Cabin has a private access door to the head shower. A separate door enters this cabin from the main salon and there is an access door forward to the forward chain locker.
- SAILS and RIGGING
- GMT double-spreader carbon fiber mast and spreaders with Harken cars and track - Oyster white Awlgripped Hall aluminum boom – has jiffy-reefing and internal boat hook storage All stainless steel Navtec rod rigging Harken II roller furling headstay Navtec hydraulic backstay adjuster Removable inner forestay - with halyard led to cockpit winch and cleat and additional tracks and running backstays MPS halyard, forestaysail halyard, and 2 nd genoa halyard all led to under dodger. 1 st Genoa halyard to mast winch. Main, jib and two flag halyards Hall Quickvang led to cockpit Storm trysail mast track Lazy jacks Custom reaching strut – assists in boarding from dinghy Carbon spinnaker pole WINCHES: Lewmar winches (2) #58 CCST primaries (2) #50 CCST secondaries – cockpit (3) #44 CCST mainsheet, main halyard, jib halyard Electric port cabin top halyard winch – MPS, main, staysail; centerboard; 1 and 2 reef points SAILS: Main – Doyle, full batten - 3 reefs 110% Genoa – Doyle, roller furling Gennaker - Bierig Sailmakers Storm Trysail – North Storm Staysail - North
- 12-Volt and 110-Volt systems: Heavy-duty 12-Volt DC large capacity system: Start battery -AGM 505 cold crank engine start House/Service batteries – Prevailer 380-amp/hr gel-cel Dual output alternator (2013) on engine with multi-stage regulator – charges batteries Emergency start from house batteries 12-volt outlet in cockpit pedestal 110-Volt AC system: 110-volt shore power is supplied by a 50-ft x 30-amp power cord with 30-50 amp adaptor and inlet. Sentry 40-amp converter Heart 2800EMSInverter and modified breaker panel (4) 110-volt outlets in galley, head, main salon and forward stateroom Separate circuit breaker panels for 12-Volt and 110-Volt systems – Nav Station. Voltmeter and ammeter Electrical ground bonding system for circuits, major mechanical components and rigging as well as built in SSB grounding system.
- 1993 Yanmar 4JH2E FWC diesel engine (3,164 - 3/2013) – insulated engine room with blower 2:1 transmission Stainless steel shaft with spurs 3-blade Max prop Racor fuel filter and remote fuel gauges Tachometer, oil pressure, engine temp, ammeter in engine panel Engine alarms Dry chemical 2.5# fire extinguishers Electric bilge alarm. Manual bilge pump Electric sump pump with float switch with manual override and in-line filter. Propane system - Two 10# aluminum propane tanks with manual and electric solenoid shut-offs. 9-Gallon Hot water heater - stainless heater – engine heated 12-Gal Holding aluminum tank with Sealand SX12L gauge, macerator and electric overboard pump-out capability.
- ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT
- Simpson Lawrence 12V Anchorman windlass with chain wildcat Hinckley stainless steel bow roller 45# CQR anchor with rode 195’ x 5/16 HT galvanized chain rode Secondary Danforth 25# anchor – sail locker Para Sail sea anchor Salt water deck wash down system Fresh water hot/cold cockpit shower Dual trumpet 12V horn Hinckley stainless steel boarding ladder with swim extension - attaches amidships 6-man liferaft - deck mounted in canister Life sling Life jackets Fenders Dock lines Teak ensign staff Engine rebuild kit (Yanmar)
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Hinckley Brokerage Offices: SOUTHWEST HARBOR-ME: Broker: Bob Pooler Cell: 207-460-7589 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 207-244-5531 PORTSMOUTH, RI: Office: 401-683-7005 • Brokers: Ted Gersen (CPYB) Cell: 401-338-2717 E-mail: email@example.com • Bob Jarrett (CPYB) - Cell: 203-600-8692 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ANNAPOLIS, MD: Broker: Peter Howard (CPYB) Cell: 443-852-0193 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 410-263-0193 STUART- FL: Broker: Prescott Brown Cell: 772-538-2140 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 772-403-5387 NAPLES-FL: Broker: Jack Erbes Cell: 401-418-2188 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 239-261-2879 HARBOR SPRINGS-MI: Broker: Marty Letts Cell: 231-330-3680 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 231-526-4378 CHICAGO-IL: Broker: Ryan McPheeters Cell: 312-860-9474 E-mail: email@example.com