Truly a rare find in the States or Europe, this Primatist 23 by Bruno Abbate (Abbate Group) is a pristine, expertly restored example, of one of the most highly rated boats in Europe upon it’s debut at the Genoa Boat Show. She is adorned by original gleaming/polished gel coat and with only 686 hours, powered by a fresh water cooled Volvo Penta 130 HP DIESEL engine paired with a Volvo Duo Prop outdrive delivering speed and performance while attaining great fuel economy.
Previously owned by the CEO of Roberto Cavalli, one of the great Italian clothing fashion designers, the vessel was personally used at his villa in Italy. In later years, the formerly named “Blue Eyes” was shipped to the owner’s American waterfront home in Florida where she was covered and "lift" kept. The Primatist 23 was designed and produced along the shoreline in Como,Italy by Bruno Abbate (now the Abbate Group) originally intended for use in the vast waters of Lake Como,Italy. Her amazing lines and attention to detail makes her a unique piece of European design, quality, engineering, and marine innovation.
At here is an optional galvanized tandem axle trailer available
Once purchased from her original owner in April 2011 the 1989 model , “Blue Eyes” has undergone a stem to stern restoration, refurbishing, and upgrade with the highest quality materials available keeping true to original factory specifications.
Have something to trade? All TRADES considered
- History of the Bruno Abbate Product
- Along the path between past and present the creation of Primatist in 1987 can be considered to be a link , both important and delicate, as it also marked the change from wood to fiberglass. At the beginning of the Eighties, the Primatist 23’ was one of the most highly rated and most sold crafts… Its debut at the Genoa Boat Show caused a sensation; it was not by accident that record sales were achieved. Sport is and has always been in Primatist’s DNA. It’s a passion which has been passed down from one generation to the next of the Abbate family. Sports concepts find their maximum expression in various events which involve both the nautical world and the wider world of sport… From the Trofeo Guido Abbate to the Primatist Trophy passing through the Motomondiale, the Ferrari Challenge, the Off-Shore, the Inshore of Speed-boat Racing and the Rally. Between 1965 and 1970 V hulls were perfected and a “special” group of customers appeared, who were in need of super fast boats . Fiberglass substituted wood. It was 1977, a real turning point. With the brand BRUNO ABBATE, motorboats were created using this innovative material. The line was to be called Primatist, after an idea of a family friend. The Primatist 23’ immediately captured the attention of enthusiasts andGenoa’s Boat Show of the same year sealed its success: 750 pieces were built and sold. In 1982 the Shipyard of Grandola ed Uniti was founded.
- There is a small cuddy cabin forward with (original) white vinyl covered cushions on top of a navy blue felt finished interior berth. This space is finished with a restored teak divider and louvered cabin door equipped with a substantial handle/lockable lockset along with solid stainless steel hinges (original key included). A space has been provided to conceal a valise style head under the center filler panel/cushion. There is a 12 volt powered restored round brass wall light fixture offering light to the v-berth space. An added blue throw pillow accents the space with an embroidered “P” (Primatist). Two new navy vinyl filler cushions were added for comfort and design.
- Engine Space
- Powered by a fresh water cooled Volvo Penta Diesel producing 130 HP and propelling the boat to a 30 knot cruise speed and a maximum of 40+ knots. The engine has a low 686 original hours of use and has been well maintained, cleaned, painted in OEM original Volvo diesel green, with filters and fluids replaced. The engine compartment is huge and spacious enough to step into for maintenance, storage, and expansion of accessories. New white gelcoat has been freshly applied to this compartment/bilge area. There is a Racor fuel filter in place as well as the Volvo fuel filter on the engine. A new single 12 volt (Group 27) deep cycle marine battery with a battery switch located under the aft seat cushion for easy access. Standard engine instrumentation is in place and operable. The original ignition switch bezel has been buffed / polished and includes the OEM key.
- Deck & Hull
- The top deck and hull sports original factory gelcoat which has been finely sanded, and mult-stage buffed into a deep shine. A single dark blue gelcoat boot stripe was added in place of the factory triple stripe. The cockpit is finished with teak side panels, trim, louvered v-berth door and bulkhead. All teak has been stripped and refinished with new side panels to match. The complete cockpit interior is restored to factory specs. Seat frames are new and build off the dimensions/specs of the original. Original foam was in great condition and re-used to maintain the exact fit and feel. White marine vinyl with navy blue trim was used to duplicate the original factory designs. Two full sized sunpads at the stern and a removable pair for the bow allow for four plus adults to lay out while anchored. Even the complete wrap around dash was removed and recovered as new. The helm is stunning with a completely restored factory original Momo steering wheel. The steering wheel is wrapped in white leather and hand stitched. The original Primatist by Bruno Abbate center cap is in place. The hull is accessorized with a refurbished factory original anchor windlass with all galvanized chain. A factory original bimini top is included and easily removable and foldable for storage. An stainless steel/teak aft folding boarding ladder is center of a full swim platform. The aft area is also complimented with a covered fresh water shower backed by a stainless steel fresh water tank located in the engine compartment. Six new solid stainless steel cleats were installed in place of the original hollow chrome plated zinc cleats as an upgrade but matching the look of the original.
- Additional Comments
- Other Comments This is an ideal opportunity to purchase a unique and amazing European designed diesel powered runabout in pristine condition with the lines and accents sought to reproduce today by companies like Chris Craft, Vanquish, and others. Similar designed highline boats like Riva offer many design features at a drastically higher price tag. The Primatist 23 was a boat before it’s time in design, quality, and performance.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Contact Central Agent Craig R. Travis @ 561-212-6154 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your personal inspections or with any questions that you might have.