- 46 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Hours
For Quality Construction, Good Maintenance, & Good Value
Check out this Cal 2-46!
The Legendary Cal 2-46 is still one of the best built, comfortable, cruising sailing yachts in the world and that is why they continue to maintain their value so well. Many modern yachts are returning to a similar design. The sturdy construction and Bill Lapworth’s design has proven to be a safe and comfortable passage maker with great sea keeping characteristics.
This particular vessel has been well cared for and it shows. If you are serious about cruising, you owe it to yourself to take a look at this beauty.
- Vessel History
- This is a two owner vessel. The first owner purchased her new and kept her on a fresh water river in California but did not use her too much and was kept pretty much original. The current owners purchased her in 2009 and sailed her south, along the West Coast, through the Panama Canal and then north through the Western Caribbean, and then to Florida. She is currently in the water but will be stored on the hard for the summer.
- Owner's cabin is aft with Queen berth to port and settee to starboard. Next forward to port is the fully enclosed head with electric flush toilet, shower, pressure hot and cold water, and ample storage. Across to starboard is hanging locker area. Continuing forward through the passageway is the Nav station with a large chart table, plenty of storage for books, instruments, and space for electronics. Up two steps to the salon is the galley with beautiful new counter tops, dual stainless steel sinks, & huge double ice box . Across and to port is a L-shaped settee with large table. NEW Oak flooring thoughout. Forward is a cabin with a V-berth, ensuite head with electric toilet, hanging locker and drawer storage (no shower). All cabin areas are light and airy with plenty of light and ventilation. 6) Opening Hatches 2) Large Opening Ports 8) Opening Port lights 8000 BTU Air conditioner Electric heads
- Great counter space and ample storage makes life easier. The large windows make watching the world go by much more enjoyable. The interior was redone in 2010 . Few yachts have this much Galley Space. Force 10, 4 burner LPG stove and oven Dan Foss 12v Refrigerator / Freezer Double Stainless Steel sinks with single lever faucet New Corian Counter Top Oak Sole
- Electrical Wiring and New Electrical panel replaced in 2011 110v Shore Power Honda 2000 Generator 12v Battery system: 4) AGM 8D House bank, 1) GRP 27 engine start Battery 4) 135 watt Solar Panels Tri Star Solar Controller 2000w Magna Inverter/ 100 amp Battery Charger 40 amp TruCharger Battery Charger 50 amp Alternator 12v outlets at Nav station
- Furuno 1623 16 mile Radar Com Nav 1420 Hydraulic Auto Pilot (2009) ICOM M604 VHF at Nav Station ICOM M504 VHF at Cockpit ICOM M802 SSB at Nav Station Kenwood AM/FM/CD/USB Stereo B&G Depth B&G Wind point and speed. NOTE: needs new masthead sending unit Ritchie Compass
- Sails and Rigging
- The Rigging was replaced in 1995 Harken Roller Furling Main installed in 2010 Harken Roller Furler with 110% Jib Asymmetrical Spinnaker 600 sq ft. Mast Mounted Spinnaker Pole Barient #28 two speed ST Primary winches Lewmar 44 two speed Main sheet winch Lewmar #34 two speed ST winch for furling lines
- Deck and Hull
- This vessel is equipped with a beautiful Hard Dodger and Bimini, which makes it comfortable, in the cockpit under a variety of circumstances The bottom was painted with 3 coats of epoxy barrier coat and Pettit Trinadad in 2010. She was hauled out in August 2012 and no blisters were reported.. Electric Windlass 44 lb Bruce anchor with 250’ chain 44 lb Danforth with 30’ Chain and 250’ of rode New Anodized Aluminum toe rail installed in 2010 Shade tree Awning for aft section Cockpit Shower Large aft Lazerette Dinghy cover
- Perkins 4-236 may not be the original engine. The Hobes meter was inoperative and replaced in 2010 and she has 1,000 hrs. Borg 3:1 Transmission 24x22 Propeller Auqa Marine Water Maker rated at 20 gal/hr.
- Owners personal items not listed here are not a part of this sale. The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of this vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyers desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Available for co-brokerage on a 50/50 basis, brokers outside Florida contact us for complete details. Click for more info