The Hunter slogan is “We go the distance.”, and so will she. “Marguerite” is a 2001 Hunter 460 blue water/coastal cruiser in impeccable condition. Currently stored inside for the winter, she will be in the water by the end of April with full standard rigging. She has no backstay which compliments her larger powerful mainsail and smaller jib. With her wide 14’ beam, the amount of living space is expansive and luxurious with appointments of quality top grain leather and wood. Her bottom is flatter than many fast sailing vessels which keeps her on an “even keel”. With her bulb wing keel, draft is minimized. The 460 features a large rudder.
- Vessel Walkthrough
- As you come aboard from the recessed stern swim platform you will find a large area of seating in the cockpit. Two jump seats add to the seating accommodations. She is outfitted with a blue Bimini to cover the cockpit area from the elements. Her expansive side decks and foredeck offer ease of movement on deck. As you enter the main cabin you will find the two double berth staterooms tucked below the cockpit both aft and starboard. There is a Jack & Jill head with shower to starboard. As you walk forward on the starboard side you will find the navigation center with instruments and electrical panel followed by two lounge seats in the salon. All seating in the salon is blue top grain leather. The master suite is forward with a head and separate shower en suite. As you turn aft you are in the main salon with its bench seating and large wood table. Continuing on will place you in the portside galley.
- Main Salon
- The main salon, with 6’6” of headroom, has ample leather seating for a crowd with both lounge and U shaped bench seating. The table will serve many for dinner or a rousing game of poker. With her 14 foot beam, space below deck is wide open in the salon. The beautiful inlaid wood flooring sparkles. You will find numerous skylights, deck hatches and opening eye level ports which keep the salon bright and airy.
- The U shaped galley features a stainless steel deep double sink and solid surface countertops. The gimbaled propane fired Force 10 oven and triple burner cook top is large enough to prepare a feast. There is a front/top loading frig and ice box to the right of the Force 10 with a microwave above counter. There is ample countertop for preparing food. The two tone wood cabinetry with flush mounted push buttons is simply gorgeous throughout. Storage is ample.
- Master Stateroom
- Through the impressive double doors, the master stateroom is forward with ample use of two tone holly and teak wood and hanging lockers. The head is comprised of separate spaces opposing, one for the head and one for the expansive shower. There is a built-in unit above the head of the bed.
- Guest Stateroom
- The two guest staterooms aft are of equal size and feature hanging lockers and ample storage. The starboard side stateroom has direct entry to the Jack & Jill head en suite.
- The deck is spotless, and without a backstay as part of the usual standard rigging, quite spacious in the cockpit area. The dinghy is stored on the foredeck which once removed leaves plenty of room for sun bathers. The cockpit has custom cushions for the bench seating. The side decks are unusually wide and offer ease of movement forward and aft. There is a cockpit shower with hot and cold water portside. From the cockpit the companionway is ample with sloping sculpted wooden steps and a chrome railing. The cockpit is enclosed with stainless steel railings and two level lifelines. Behind the helm there is an open section of the high transom for instant drainage. The stainless steel arch above the cockpit carries the aft end of the mainsail boom and dual action traveler. All running rigging leads aft to the cockpit for safety and ease of handling. The mast has two sets of spreaders swept aft and is fortified by a series of stays (no backstay).
- Electronics & Helm
- Her helm is collapsible for ease of movement throughout the cockpit when moored. The Edson pedestal houses a Suunto of Finland compass, JVC stereo panel, the Sleipner bow thruster control, Raymarine C80, Raytheon auto pilot, Raytheon ST80 and Raymarine ST60+ Wind. The nav station below deck also features a redundant Raytheon Chart plotter RC 520, Raytheon ST80 and Raymarine ST60+ Wind. The Raytheon VHF radio is conveniently located at the companionway for use from the cockpit or cabin. There is a stereo and TV in the salon.
- The electrical panel is located at the nav station which features a sit down chart table. All system switches can be monitored and operated in one easy location. The batteries are easily accessed through the floor panels in the salon. Three sockets are found on the stern for shore power. Numerous outlets can be found below deck.
- Engine Details & Mechanical Equipment
- The engine is a fresh water cooled diesel 75 horsepower Yanmar, model E10604-4JH3T. There is a Shibaura generator located behind the engine compartment for backup power. There is air conditioning in the cabin with aft and forward units. There is cabin heating with the mechanics found under the nav station seat. She has a fixed three blade propeller.
- Broker's Comments
- The Hunter line of sailboats is uncompromising in quality and reputation. Marguerite has been stored inside for winter and more photos will be presented when she is back in the water end of April. Her standard and running rigging will then be completely outfitted with the usual 1,000 square feet of sail area. The rig and deck are designed for speed and simple handling. The 460 can be sailed single handed by a pro. Her underwater profile allows great maneuverability in tight docking circumstances. The abundant use of rich teak and holly wood throughout makes her surroundings luxurious. Marguerite has been very well cared for by one owner and ready for her next Captain.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.