- 42 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- W 46
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
The Sabre 42 is a well designed boat and her credentials include a nomination in 1987 as Sailing World magazines Boat of the Year for her size range. Her sailing characteristics are outstanding. She has a well-balanced sail plan, with equal sized fore triangle and main which offers unparalleled ease for a shorthanded crew. A furling main and genoa as well as powered winches make easy work sailing. A powerful hull shape yields excellent performance either on the race course or on the blue water cruise. The large cockpit give sailing room for 6-8 adults. Interior is open and roomy with dinette that folds up on forward bulkhead. Two Staterooms and two heads make each cabin a VIP suite.
- Sleeps 7 in 3 separate cabins. Forward cabin sleeps 2 in a V-berth. Forward to port is the forward head with shower, head, sink and vanity. Opposite head, is a large hanging locker. Main cabin has a settee berth to starboard and a dinette to port that converts to a double. The table folds up against the forward bulkhead. Aft to starboard. is the second head with shower, head, mirror and cabinets. Aft to port is the aft cabin with large double berth and hanging locker. The cabin sole is teak and holly. The interior is teak and mahogany. There are 17 drawers, 46 storage and hanging lockers and 18 shelves. Superb light and ventilation are achieved with 12 opening ports, 9 hatches and 4 dorade vents.
- New Water Heater The galley is mid-ship to port with a double S/S sink w/ hot and cold pressure water and foot pump, freezer/refrigerator, 3 burner CNG gas stove and oven, and plenty of cabinets and drawers for storage. Ample counter space.
- Electronics and Navigation
- Navigators station opposite galley on the starboard side. Master electric panel is located on bulkhead over navigators table. Furuno Radar Garmin GPS Map 130 B & G Instruments Icon VHF radio Alpine Stereo Heart Freedom Inverter New Simrad AutoPilot w remote Battery re wire New Hi Output Alternator
- New Battery Wiring New Electric Heads 12V DC and 110V AC panel plus battery condition monitor. Dockside electrical cable. Heart Freedom Inverter. Refrigerator/freezer.
- Hull and Deck
- New Anchor Chain and Rode Refinish / Detail Hull ReBed Chainplates New Running Rigging New Simrad AutoPilot w remote Non-skid decks. S/S rails with upper and lower lifelines with canvas lee cloths. Swim step ladder on stern. Non-skid decks. Canvas dodger on S/S frame with isinglass windows. The T-shaped 8'9" long cockpit is maximized for comfort. It has a unique design which allows full length, reclining comfort with excellent function. Cockpit cushions. Good visibility from the raised helm station seat above the 44" wheel. Three cockpit lockers and one dockline storage bin, plus winch handle pockets, provide convenience under sail. A starboard step-in locker features varnished shelving for sail stowage and cruising gear. CNG locker big enough for two bottles. Edson steering post with B&G wind, speed and depth readouts, Ritchie compass, Simrad AP24 Auto Pilot, w remote, and 44" destroyer wheel. Within arms length are full engine controls with tach, hourmeter, voltmeter, oil, fuel and temp gauges as well as a blower system control for the engine compartment. Electric windlass, 35# CQR anchor with chain and rode on bow. Man overboard pole. Teak coaming and trim.
- Rigging and Sails
- New North Main RF New North RF Genoa New North Cruising Spin New Running Rigging Aluminum mast and boom. Radar dome mounted on mast. Hydraulic in-mast furling main. Harkin roller furling jib. All lines led to cockpit area. Harkin main sheet traveler on the cabin top. Genoa sheets led to Schaefer foot blocks and then to #52 self-tailing powered winches. Lewmar winches throughout: 2 halyard winches on mast, 2 hydraulic primary winches, and 2 cabin top winches, one powered. Navtec hydraulic back stay and vang. Aluminum backing plates reinforce deck hardware installation.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Bill Petersen 310 871 1977 email@example.com