- 34 (ft.) 5 (in.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- 3 YM 30
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
Now you can own a high-end TARTAN 3400 with vacuum-bag BPA epoxy hull, carbon fibre mast and "pocket boom", self tacking head sail, 155% Mylar reacher, and furniture grade solid cherry wood interior. This is a classically beautiful cruising yacht with outstanding performance made even easier to single-hand with Wireless Remote Auto-Helm. Sail Drive complete overhaul 2013.
Low hours, well maintained
- Manufacturer Provided Description
- The Tartan 3400 is both a tribute to the rich history of her predecessors and the embodiment of Tartan Yachts' dedication to advanced construction and equipment technologies. Following in the wake of nearly 1,000 34-foot Tartans, spread over a production run from the late 60's (Tartan 34 Classic) through the late 80's (Tartan 34II), she shares traditional good looks with both models and embraces innovative design elements to simplify sailhandling and provide superior performance. These refinements to the performance cruiser are made possible by Tartan's dedication to advancements in materials and methods, previously available only in the custom boat market or through prohibitively expensive options.
- Electronics and Electrical
- 12vdc and 110vac panels 3 house batteries and start battery AGM Battery Charger / inverter 12 volt Compresser Refrigeration Microwave Water heater VHF w remote mike in cockpit Raymarine C80 Chartplotter Raymarine 6001 AutoPilot Raymarine ST60 Wind, Speed, Depth
- Sail Area
- I : 47.25 ft J : 13.75 ft P : 41.92 ft E : 13.67 ft Working Sail Area : 573.00 sq ft
- The 3400's sail-handling equipment and overall rig design are aimed at achieving optimum performance with minimum hassle. The carbon fiber mast is built with a unique, integrated, low-friction track system, allowing the full-battened main to be easily raised and lowered within a lazy jack system. Custom-made for Tartan, the carbon-fiber boom is a "trough" design further aiding mainsail drops and mainsail flaking. To cover the main, simply pull over the boom-stored sailcover and you're done. By optimizing the Tartan 3400's strength and weight characteristics and designing an easily driven hull the Tartan 3400's standard headsail is a smart, roller-furling 100% jib, trimmed to a self-tacking cabintop track. This working sail, with the tack located just aft of the stem, is used for all upwind and heavy-air sailing while providing effortless tacking for sailing shorthanded or in a confined harbor. When sailing off the wind the high-clewed furling reacher can be deployed for top performance.
- Additional Description
- The 3400's high volume hull form provides enough space for exceptional cruising accommodations and storage and a powerful shape that is easily driven and in balance over a wide range of sailing conditions. Forward sections are slightly veed providing an easy motion in a seaway and her aft sections are full and flat offering high speed potential in heavy conditions. The hull's volume is evenly distributed through her length, which provides a symmetrical shape at all heel angles and maintains her light helm in more challenging conditions.
- Additional Description
- The deck is designed for maximum comfort and safety and embraces classic yacht aesthetics. Her cockpit offers high seatbacks for comfort and a deep and secure cockpit for safety. Wide sidedecks allow her crew to move fore and aft without being encumbered by the excessive house structures seen on so many current production offerings. The wrap-around coaming not only provides a striking tie to her heritage, it also serves as a splash rail and convenient location for mounting a dodger, both of which offer additional cockpit comfort and security. As with all Tartans, the 3400 features tall and distinctive teak toerails that not only enhance her yacht status but also provide an important toe hold in rough weather sailing. Ventilation, always a Tartan priority, is provided by an abundance of stainless steel opening portlights, deck hatches, and dorades.
- Using innovative geometry in the attachment area of the keel, three choices allow you to tailor-fit your Tartan 3400 to your sailing area. Additionally, the keels are interchangeable without hull modification, allowing maximum flexibility for now and the future. Change your sailing area, change your keel. If you decide to sell your 3400 her new owner can order a different keel match-made to his or her sailing area. For those without draft restrictions the 6' 6" bulbed fin will offer optimal performance. The Tartan Beavertail keel offers excellent stability, righting moment, and good upwind performance with a mid-range draft of 4' 11".
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Personal Items excluded Last survey 2/29/12
- firstname.lastname@example.org 310 821 5883