ORIENT is in full 'mid project' mode. Owner (her second) has spec'ed out all the work needed from suitable engine to window replacements. All the necessary deconstruction has been completed, the cabin house has been reinforced, reconstructed and partially refinished. About 150-200 man hours of carpentry and refinish work required to bring her into full cruising mode and fashion. The project requires installation/rigging of a new engine (spec'ed for Cummins 350 or 380 HP diesel), electrical rewiring, windows in wheelhouse, side doors. Then interior finish and trim and the exterior of cabin finished.
Built by Flye Point Marine and designed by Spencer Lincoln, ORIENT has a sound, heavily built barrier coated solid fiberglass hull. Sleeping up to six (including pipe berths) in comfort ORIENT comes with large lower forward cabin with V berth, enclosed head, full tankage, galley and L-shaped settee/berth, new teak dinette table, and interior cushions. Large expansive cockpit, also radar mast and steadying sail, ground tackle et cetera.
ORIENT presents herself as an opportunity to have a structurally sound downeast hull, superstructure, partially completed interior at a great price. With some investment in time and money ORIENT presents an opportunity to have a fine custom Downeaster at and for her new owner’s boating pleasure.
- Chain locker forward. The full sized V berth forward in the lower cabin has drawers and cabinet, stowage below. A large Bowmar hatch and opening ports provide ambient light and ventilation. Abaft to starboard is the head with vanity, cupboards, medicine cabinet and shower stall. A hanging locker is opposite the head on port side. Moving aft up step into helm and strpped down main cabin, the lower helmstation to port is unfinished (yet ready for installation of electronics and wheel), there is a galley abaft helm and to starboard with deep double stainless steel sink. In the main cabin the superstructure has been reinforced with plywood panelling finished to the extent that fairing, vinyl ester skin coat application, and window installation is the next step. There is provision in the design for a door at the helm, that was lacking in and will be an improvement on the original format. Another door can be fitted on the starboard side. The windshield will have two stationary and two opening windows. Varnished and oiled mahogany joinerwork. The finished L-shaped dinette to port converts to a double berth, with stowage. Custom teak table. Sunbrella cushion covers. Fiberglass cabin sole with excellent access to engine room. The mahogany/Herreshoff interior has been retained and is ready to be enhanced. A sliding door leads aft to the large cockpit.
- Deck, hull and construction
- Heavily laid solid fiberglass hull, solid fiberglass skeg and rudder; with partially cored decks and house. White topsides and superstructure, spray and guard rails. No paint build up on bottom. Stainless steel ladder leads up to flybridge featuring upper helmstation, with helmchair, bench seats forward and stowage. Mast. Cockpit with under weatherdeck lockers port, starboard and aft, wide teak swim platform with stainless steel swim and boarding ladder, wide side decks lead forward with teak and stainless grab rails, to bow pulpit with walk way and bow roller.
- Additional Information
- ORIENT is at a stage that can lead to completion as wanted by a new owner for finishing with charter or recreation in mind. Downeasters were made to work and earn their keep. The BHM 32 can out carry any vessel of same size. Her current owner purchased her in 2000, and found a couple of years ago he had to deal with her issues after bearing up for several years. Whilst lacking in mechanical and electrical systems she is much more than a bare hull, and presents an excellent opportunity to own and run a custom Blue Hill Marine/Spencer Lincoln classic.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Rudders and Moorings LLC , Stonington Office: Howard Taylor @ The Forge, 22 Bayview Avenue, Stonington, Connecticut 06378 email: firstname.lastname@example.org