- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
The Cabo Rico story is one of dedication, hard work and unique circumstance that started many years ago with a love for yachting, and flourishes today, because of a constant obsession with quality in true ocean-going yachts. Cabo Rico yachts are fast yet comfortable underway, safe and amazingly easy to sail. Balancing beautifully in light or heavy air, the hands off tracking ability combines with good pointing and a fine turn of speed.
One of the features that set Cabo Rico yachts apart from mainstream boat builders is the level of craftsmanship involved in each hand-made component and in the assembly of the vessel. Excellence in design, comfort, style and performance, the Cabo Rico 34 provides for ample comfort and safety throughout. She has an uncluttered deck layout, spacious cockpit and stowage space. Inside she is surprisingly spacious with two large cabins, good headroom, a large galley and head. The warmth of the interior cabin is accentuated by outstanding joinery and honey colored plantation grown teak. Her cutter rig and full keel, with cut-a-way forefoot, give good sailing performance and a safe, stiff pointing ability.
This fine quality shorthanded blue water cruiser has everything for cruising the Caribbean in style. Her secure cockpit provides the ultimate in safety at sea. A solid one piece hull provides ocean going sturdiness and offers excellent accessibility to points beyond. Her galley allows the cook to safely prepare meals at sea. Her berths can accommodate four in comfort. Her cutter rig provides almost limitless sail combinations for any wind condition. The Cabo Rico 34 is a world class cruiser that can take you anywhere you desire to go.
This gorgeous very rare-to-find classic W.I.B. Crealock design is dry and comfortable offshore and has just become available. An original-owner boat, always well maintained and kept in the water behind a private residence. She has low engine hours having been replaced in 2007 and recent light use on the sails. Owner has sights on next boat. A definite must see to appreciate!!!
"Ra" is an elegant & extremely capable small cruiser - a great opportunity to own one of the finest ocean going cruisers on the market today. I encourage you to come check it out for yourself. Give me a call directly to schedule a showing at your convenience.
- The forward stateroom has an offset double berth to port, port and starboard side valence storage shelves, two 12V reading lamps, GFI outlet, an overhead hatch, two s/s opening ports, Hella Turbo fan, and an air conditioning vent . A head w/hand held shower is next aft to port, and opposite to starboard is a large hanging locker. In the main cabin there is a convertible L-settee to port and straight settee to starboard. A teak bulkhead mounted table with great storage behind folds down to accommodate both settees. The nav table is at the aft end of the starboard settee, and opposite is the large U-shaped galley. To starboard of the companionway is the aft stateroom with a double berth. The interior is honey colored teak, a varnished teak and holly sole, and oval louvered doors throughout. There are Hella Turbo fans in each cabin, as well as many s/s opening ports and overhead hatches (with hinged teak framed screens) to provide terrific light and ventilation when the dockside airconditioning is not needed. Forward Stateroom Double berth Opening ports (2) Port and starboard shelving Cedar lined hanging locker Access to chain locker Stainless steel opening ports Overhead lighting Reading lights Hatch Clothes drawers Privacy door with lock 110 VAC service Head Std. marine head with Y valve for holding tank or overboard discharge Pressure water Bulkhead mirror Shower seat Linen locker 110VAC service Aft Stateroom Enclosed cabin with privacy door Large double berth Hanging locker (cedar lined) Teak over-berth storage shelf Reading light 110 VAC service Stainless steel opening port Hatch
- Large U-shaped galley with double stainless steel sink w/cutting board covers, 12 Volt Adler Barbour refrigerator, Tasco 2 burner propane stove/oven gimball mounted with 2 aluminum LP tanks, and abundant stowage.
- Electronics & Navigation
- Located at the Navigation Station below deck are the following instruments: • ICOM M 304VHF Radio • ICOM Marine Transceiver IC M 600 • Garmin GPS Map 210 Plotter/ GPS • Autohelm Multi Unit • Furuno 24 NM Radar • Energy Monitor / Controller "Ample Power" At the Pedestal: • Autohelm Wind • Autohelm Digital Depth • Autohelm Speed • Autohelm Autopilot AP11 • Ritchie Compass
- Mechanical & Electrical Systems
- Well cared for and properly maintained diesel. 110V and 12V system, 30 amp dockside electrical cable, 60 amp battery charger, dockside 9,000 Dometric Reverse Cycle Air Conditioning , Adler Barbour 12V refrigeratrion, Hella Turbo fans in all cabins, Maxwell windlass, spreader lights, 12V outlet in cockpit, and navigation lights.
- Sail Inventory
- Cruise Equipped : Aluminum main mast and boom, Roller furling head sail; convertible staysail; IMI Isomat boom for staysail w/cover; Schaefer traveler staysail boom track; Schaefer main boom traveler track w/blocks; two Barient #27 primaries, two Barient #17 halyard winches; one Barient #10 boom winch, one Barient #21 boom vang winch; preventer; main sail, staysail and jib.
- Additional Information
- Manufacturer Provided Description Cabo Rico creates sailing vessels that can be worked easily for those who take pride in excellence. Each is built to the most exacting standards of construction, detail and finish. Owners enjoy the confidence that Cabo Rico quality brings, while taking genuine pride in the superb craftsmanship and beauty. Many years of experience are embodied in the CR 34's deck layout. From its bowsprit for ease of anchoring, to its comfortable cockpit, this is a safe yacht. The large foredeck gives room to handle a second jib or cruising spinnaker after a downwind run. Wide side decks make it easy to move fore and aft. Handholds are numerous. Stainless steel is fashioned to create strong, safe stanchions, pulpits, and pushpits. The molded-in bulwark gives safe footing while adding strength and watertight integrity at the hull-to-deck joint. A molded-in rub-rail with sacrificial strip, provides extra protection topside. Eight stainless steel opening ports and five hatches, combined with the best running tackle, winches, steering system and other gear; give each Cabo Rico a superb equipment package. Each Cabo Rico is hand-crafted, beginning with a heavily built hull. This is a solid hull built in one piece. Between each hand sanded layer of 1 1-2-ounce mat or 24-ounce roving, the huge mold must be rolled from one side to the other to apply the next layer. The insulated hull and one-piece deck are sealed with 3M 5200 bonding compound and then bolted together to form an amazingly strong hull-to-deck joint. All bolts are accessible from below, as are those for the chain plates and stanchion bases. The interior consists of real wood; doors, cabinets, cabin sole, lovingly crafted and hand-rubbed to a warm lustrous finish. Cabo Rico yachts are designed to be balanced and track well, to be seakindly and seaworthy. Every Cabo Rico 34 carries an over-sized, standing rig and includes adjustable intermediate stays in addition to the two upper and four lower shrouds. Her anodized aluminum spar is one-piece, no seams, and stepped through the deck to the keel. However; Cabo Rico adds its own massive fiberglass and aluminum structure to transmit the load directly to the keel, while keeping the bottom of the mast and its wiring, a few inches out of the bilge and any possible contact with moisture, a unique Cabo Rico feature. To produce a true ocean-going yacht there are no short cuts. Structural integrity is essential. The keel of a true yacht must be strong. We use multiple ballast castings placed inside the keel cavity and separated by fiberglass bulkheads. All voids are filled with special fiberglass compound to ensure immobility of the ballast. Then, the whole area is covered with multiple layers of mat roving to provide the superior strength, rigidity and security of a double hull in this crucial area. The keen eyes of our quality control department watch each and every step of construction and perform numerous tests. All are logged and samples filed by hull number. In fact, Cabo Rico puts more hours into molding a single hull and deck than the vast majority of manufacturers spend on producing an entire boat. A true yacht must meet the challenge of waves and weather. She will amaze you in light air and point 30 per cent relative or better, even when the wind is up. The easy to handle cutter rig gives you superb sailing performance in any weather. With the rig divided into three sails, each becomes easier to handle. It is a simple matter with a cutter, to reduce sail area in high winds by furling your foresail to continue under staysail and main. This moves the centre of effort inboard, leaving the vessel with better balance and control.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.