2 Private Cabins - 2 Heads w/Showers
Ideal Cruiser or Cruiser/Racer For Couple or Family
Large Cockpit - with Twin Steering Wheels & Folding Table
Easy Access to Swim Platform on Sugar Scoop Transom
Easy to Sail - All Lines Led Aft to Cockpit - Shallow draft
IN-Mast roller Furling Main - Roller Furling Genoa - Self Tailing Winches - for Easy Sail Handling -
Large Salon - Well Lit and Well Ventilate
Nice U-Shaped Galley - Convenient to Cockpit Companionway ans Well as Salon Dinette
This boat is the perfect vessel for simple short trips or extended cruising - She has ample storage space, and a comfortable layout for her owners and their guests.. Her shallow draft allows for access to many remote harbors, and her sailing performance will get you there in the shortest possible time. easy to handle with both in-mast furling Main, and roller furling Genoa - She can easily be single handled.
Call the listing broker to schedule an appointment to see this vessel immediately - She is priced to sell.
- LOA...................... 40 ft .....................12.19 meters Beam ................... 12 ft 9 in ................ 3.88 meters Draft...................... 5 ft ....................... 1.52 meters Displacement...... 16,090 lbs ................. 7,298 kilo Ballast ................ 5,290 lbs ................... 2,399 kilo Tankage: Fuel ................. 36 gal. ................... 136.3 liters Water .............. 120 gal .................. 454.25 liters Holding ............ 20 gal ................... 75.71 liters
- 2- cabin - 2 Heads w/ showers Sleeps 6 in (2) double cabins - plus Dinette converts to double MASTER CABIN: Standing headroom 6'3" Double berth, 6'10" x 6'3" x 2' - Cushion with removable fabric cover - Water tank under berth - Storage compartment under berth, forward of water tank - Large hanging lockers port and starboard - 2 Opening deck hatches with blinds - Low-profile hatch ventilator - overhead lights - Teak floorboards - Lateral storage shelf along hull - Light-colored hull liner, varnished teak under lateral shelf - Mirror on bulkhead GUEST CABIN PORT: - Opening roof port Port Aft Cabin - Double berth, 6'9" x 5'1" x 3'5" - Cushions with removable fabric covers - 1 Opening cockpit port with curtain - 1 Opening roof hatch with curtain - White heavy duty fabric hull liner - Molded fiberglass deck with varnished teak ceiling - Halogen ceiling lights - Reading light - Large hanging locker with shelves - Complete access to engine compartment - Teak floorboards - Water tank under berth - Storage shelf along hull and above engine box - Access to rudder quadrant - Battery shutoff switch - Access to battery compartment Fuel tank under berth HEADS: - One head Aft in Salon w/Shower- One private head in foward cabin - w?Shower (2) Jabsco Manual heads (2) showers - Aft shower is a stall shower compartment AFT HEAD - Fiberglass molded furnishings - 1 Sink - Door opens into passageway - Shower area with folding seat and shower curtain - Hot and cold pressure shower - Storage cabinet under sink, access to through-hulls - Towel hook and towel ring - Mirror and shelf behind sink - Storage lockers with doors behind toilet - Deck hatch with blind - 1 Marine head with manual pump - Head light - Electric shower sump pump FORWARD HEAD - Fiberglass molded furnishings - 1 Sink - Hot and cold pressure shower - Storage cabinet under sink, access to through-hulls - Towel hook and towel ring - Storage locker with door behind toilet - 1 Marine head with manual pump - Head light - Electric shower sump pump - Door opens into forward cabin - Deck hatch with blind -
- VESSEL WALK THROUGH
- Standing headroom 6'4" The interior is all teak cabinetry and teak and holly floor Upon descending the companionway stairs - the U-shaped Galley is to Starbd, and a large head with stall shower is to Port - Aft of the head - on Port side is the entrance to the Aft cabin with double berth Forward of the head - on Port side is a full Nav Station and forward facing seat - Forward of the Nav Station is an additional settee. Forward of the Galley, on Starbd side is a Curved settee and dinette ( converts to double berth) with cabinetry outboard, and storage below the seats The Forward cabin has an entrance at the forward section of the Salon and contains a V-berth ( double) and a private head w/shower.
- SALON and GALLEY
- SALON: Salon Molded fiberglass deck with varnished teak ceiling - Ergonomic U-shaped bench seat to starboard - Teak salon table - Removable table legs - Separate storage compartments - Water heater under bench seat - Storage lockers behind seats above backrests - Storage compartments behind backrests - Handrail under roof windows - Teak removable floorboards 2 Halogen ceiling lights - 1 Opening deck hatch with blind - Seat and backrest cushions with removable fabric covers - Salon light - 2 Speakers - Stainless steel compression post GALLEY: L-shaped galley to starboard - - Teak galley furnishings with laminated counter top Dual SS sinks w/pressurized fresh hot/cold water Nova Kool 12v - 2 compartment refrigerator/freezer - front opening refrigerator - top opening freezer Enro 2- burner propane stove w/ oven and grill - Propane shut off valve Cutlery - diner ware - pots, pans, utensils Manual salt water pump 1 Halogen ceiling light - - Opening deck hatch - Shelf, wastebasket and drawers under sink - Storage lockers behind the counter top - - Extra upper and lower storage lockers PLUMBING: Hot water heater NAV Station: Navigation table to port, facing forward - access to water tank controls under nav table
- Yanmar 4JH3E diesel engine - 56 HP 17" (3) blade prop throttle - gearshift at starboard helm station Vertical manual Lofrans 1000 watt anchor windlass in anchor locker Automatic electric bilge pump Bronze ball valve through-hull fittings Engine compartment under companionway steps - Complete soundproofing on entire engine bay - Engine blower - Access to engine compartment by removable cover - Stainless steel propeller shaft - - Fuel filter - separator - Raw water filter - Anti-siphon valve - Maintenance-free stuffing box -
- ELECTRONICS and ELECTRICAL
- HELM ELECTRONICS: Auto pilot - Raytheon ST 7000 GPS- Chart Plotter - Garmin 421s ( New 2013) Ray Marine ST 60+ Wind Direction and Speed (2) Raymarine ST 60 Tri Data - depth - speed - distance log ( New LCD screens 2008) (2) Plastimo compasses Stereo System ( 2008) w/ ockpit speakers ( 2008) NAV STATION ELECTRONICS: Standard Horizon VHF radio JVC AM/F/CD stereo w/ inside and cockpit speakers ELECTRICAL: Wind generator w/Controler - Pole Mounted ( New 2010) 110 v electric breaker panel - 12v DC breaker panel 1 x 12V voltmeter, for house, motor, and auxiliary Engine start battery ( New 2013) (3) 12v House batteries ( New 2013) 80 Amp Hitachi Alternator ( New 2010) 30 amp Xantrex charger 50 ft shore power cord - 30 amp Navigation Lights - Running lights on bow pulpit and transom - Steaming light and deck light
- SAILS and RIGGING
- Deck-stepped anodized aluminum classic mast and boom - Double swept spreaders - Stainless steel cable shrouds - Backstay and bridle Main Sail - In-Mast roller furleer - Neil PridesAIL ( 2007) Genoa Sail - with Above deck Profurl roller furler - Neil Pride sail ( 2007) Hydraulic Boom Vang SS standing rigging –Running Rigging - 1 Jib halyard - 1 Boom topping lift - 1 Main halyard - 2 Genoa sheets - 1 Boom outhaul - Rigid vang - Adjustable mainsheet traveler - Jib furling control line - 2 Jiffy reefs for main, 3rd classic reef point Deck Hardware - Line stoppers on roof for halyards and control lines - 2 Harken # 44 ST Winches on cockpit coaming for Genoa sheets - 2 Harken # 40 ST Winches on roof for halyards and control lines - 2 x 5-Sheave halyard organizers - 2 Deck-mounted Genoa tracks with fair-lead - 1 Harken Mainsail traveler on roof - Forward shroud chain plates - Upper shroud - intermediate shroud - lower shroud chain plates - 2 Backstay bridle chain plates on transom -
- HULL and DECK
- COCKPIT - - Wide cockpit with pivoting helm seat for access to transom - Dodger and Bimini top (2007) Twin 32" steering wheels - Emergency tiller Cockpit Table & Console - Folding cockpit table with leaves -- storage under cockpit table - Winch handle holder - 2 Steering compasses, each with protective rail - Teak cockpit seats and transom - Gas bottle storage in starboard aft locker - ( 2) Propane tanks Liferaft storage in port locker - - Storage locker to starboard- Locker under the port helm seat with access to rudder - engine panel at starboard helm station - Double-action manual bilge pump Emergency tiller deck fitting Companionway - Plexiglas hatch board, locking from interior and exterior, with vent - Sliding Plexi hatch cover 4 Varnished teak steps attached to fiberglass companionway - 2 Handrails, exterior and interior HULL: Swim ladder with grab rails - Transom hot/cold pressurized shower 2 Opening salon hull ports - 2 Fixed forward cabin hull ports - 1 Fixed aft cabin hull port Fiberglass rudder with stainless steel frame - Solid stainless steel rudder post - 2 Self-hanging rudder bearings DECK: Molded swim platform w/ SS boarding ladder 55 lb Delta anchor w/ 165 ft chain rode - Dual bow anchor rollers Stem fittings with 2 anchor rollers steel bow pulpit with running lights - steel stern pulpit with buoy bracket - SS stanchions w/ Double lifelines - Mooring cleats, with bow and mid-ship chocks - Locking anchor locker cover
- Manufcturer Comments
- Designed by Daniel Andrieu, the Sun Odyssey 40 hull is not only fast, it contains a world of space, comfort, and elegance. The Sun Odyssey 40 represents quality, innovation, and fun - the fun of hanging out in a spacious cockpit with its unique twin-wheel steering stations (not found on other 39-foot boats), the fun of moving about on a wide deck design, and the fun of a cozy interior (in a 2 or 3 cabin layout). The cockpit width that extends all the way to the stern is exceptional. With lots of room for the crew, nobody is in the way. With twin steering wheels, ergonomic cockpit benches, plenty of storage space for all cruising gear, a folding cockpit table, and an accessible mainsail traveler on the roof, the Sun Odyssey 40 has the space and comfort desired for easy sailing. The waterdrop-shaped stern has built-in steps and a shower, making it easy to jump in for a swim. With such shallow drafts, it's easy to approach protected anchorages. Equipped with a standard Genoa furler and a semi-full batten mainsail (furling mast optional), it is a simple boat to maneuver under all weather conditions. The shrouds are located inboard, opening up the passageways for safe and sure movements on deck. The stylish windows and quality hardware show the best that the Sun Odyssey 40 has to offer The Sun Odyssey 40 comes with several different layouts where the priority is on maximum comfort. The spacious salon is finished with the traditional Jeanneau attention to detail, and the feeling below is that of warmth and relaxation. Other features of the Sun Odyssey 40 are: a solid teak table, wide bench seats, captain's area to port with nav station table, a complete galley, and numerous storage lockers. The head compartment, along with the standard amenities, also has a separate shower zone. The aft cabins are spacious and inviting, with lots of storage space as well.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.