One the best Hunters Built. Walk through transom and backstay. This boat is well cared for and loved. A great live aboard layout with 2 private staterooms. The interior is quite spacious with private forward and aft cabins, two heads, large salon and galley with plenty of counter space. She is an excellent balanced cruiser, safe and comfortable. She has a large cockpit, wheel steering, catbird seats and an open transom for easy water or dinghy access. Below she has full standing headroom (6’5”) and 2 sleeping cabins and two heads. She will accommodate 7 in berths up to 7’ in length and 7 can sit in the large u-shaped dinette and settee. Her cabin is light and airy with 7 opening ports and 8 deck hatches for great cross ventilation.
Lightly used for daysailing and in excellent condition. A must see if you are in the market for a late model contemporary styled sailboat with outstanding amenities.
- Interior Layout/ Accomodation
- Two stateroom two head tri-cabin layout. The double guest stateroom is forward with privacy door, ensuite head/shower, hanging locker and storage drawers. The main salon features a large dinette portside that converts to a double berth with storage underneath and outboard. There is an amidships centerline table, and to starboard is a settee berth, again with storage outboard. The generous L-shaped galley is aft to port and includes a Princess three-burner propane stove/oven, Adler-Barbour 12 VDC cold plate refrigerator with a separate freezer, double stainless steel sinks with pressure H/C water, a convenient trash receptacle, and more than adequate storage including an overhead dish and cup rack. The sit down starboard side navigation station has additional storage, room for numerous instrumentation, and houses the electrical distribution panel. Next aft starboard is the master stateroom ensuite head/shower which can double as a wet locker. The master stateroom with athwart ships queen berth, two hanging lockers and additional storage is all the way aft. The engine is mounted underneath the companionway ladder, and has access on all four sides for ease of service. The interior has outstanding volume, plenty of natural lighting, excellent ventilation, and is finished in oiled teakwood veneers and a varnished teak and holly sole. The hanging lockers are cedar lined and the countertops are corian. The headroom is generous at approximately 6'6".
- Two private staterooms V-berth forward Double berth in aft cabin Two heads w/ one each stateroom Salon table converts into double berth Navigation table Large settee 6'6" of headroom 9 topside opening hatches 8 side port opening windows Flooring thru out is teak and holly
- Adler Barbour freezer Adler Barbour refrigerator Princess 3 burner propane stove and oven Double stainless steel sink Hot & cold pressure water Water heater Corian countertops Counter microwave
- Sails and Rigging
- Full batten mainsail/cover - New 2005 Dutchman sail flaking system Roller furling 135% Genoa - New 2005 Tides Marine Strong Track (main mast) - 2005 7/8 rig/double spreaders/deck step S/S standing rigging Cabinhouse mainsheet traveler Adjustable inboard genoa car leads Dacron running rigging Control lines lead to cockpit 1 electric 44 CST Lewmar winch (haylard & mainsheet) 1 30 CST Lewmar winch (control lines) 2 48 CST Lewmar winches (primary) 4 rope clutches port/starboard
- Helm Raytheon ST 60 speed/depth VHF West Marine at helm Cockpit speakers Nav Station AM/FM Stereo with CD
- D.C. Battery charger 30 amp shore power w/ cable ample DC outlets New deck/flood steaming lights - 2005 New light masthead tri-color with anchor - 2005 Flush mount cabinhouse solar panel A.C. recessed cabin lights Yamaha Portable Generator Pulse Start Cruisair Air conditioner 7000 BTU -
- Deck and Hull Equipment
- Danforth anchor Flush on deck anchor locker Electric windlass Bow pulpet/integral seat/bow roller Blue Bimini Top Blue Dodger Blue binnacle helm station cover Blue winch covers Blue main sail cover Removable davits Intergrated walk thru swim platform and ladder Hot/cold fresh water shower on transom Factory binnacle table in cockpit w/ drink holders Cockpit table/cooler/integral helm Three generous cockpit lockers One transome locker/propane locker External 12 volt power supply installed on binnacle Stern rail w/two integral seats Double lifelines w/three gates H/C pressure transom shower Cockpit cushions Whiskerpole Lifesling (throwable) Automatic and manual bilge pumps Mooring lines and fenders
- Yanmar 50 horse power Engine hrs 1068.5
- Additional Information
- Simens SP10 solar panel Fridgidaire Humidifier 25 pints
- The Hunter 40.5 has a very roomy and comfortable interior layout. On deck, she is easy to manage with her fractional rig and modern sail handling systems. With her generous sail area and shoal draft wing keel she offers excellent performance, stability, and is a lot of fun to sail. KAIJA is a must see if you are in the market for a boat in this size and class.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Rusty Hightower, Certified Hunter Yacht Specialist, (941) 730-7207