- 41 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
THIS IS THE BEST DEAL ON A VERY CLEAN, FLORIDA DRAFT 5' PLUS 3' CENTERBOARD, RACER/CRUISER ON THE MARKET!
"Bear" was previously owned and maintained by legendary yachtsman and sailmaker Mark Ploch, who runs the Doyle franchises in City Is. and St. Pete, and is a long-time racer. She has been maintained to the high standard that Mark kept her in. She has been cruised only and never raced. "Bear" has been outfitted with Doyle Kevlar racing sails, which are in excellent condition, plus a cruising dacron main and genoa. In addition she has been consistently upgraded with additions and improvements. Fortunately for her future owner, the current owner just does not have the time and resources to take her out anymore. This is a fast boat that can be enjoyed both as a cruiser, or for evening races on the bay.
- This boat has a great layourt for cruising or club racing and still manages to sleep six adults. Entering the cabin through the center stairs, the first thing you will notice is the new (2009) beautiful teak and holly sole. There is a navigation station to port with a double quarter berth aft of it and a full galley opposite to starboard. The Main Salon has a forward with bench settee with raised pipe berths to port and a U-shaped convertible dinette opposite to starboard. Centerline is a folding table. Moving forward is a spacious head w/shower to starboard with a small bureau and a hanging locker to port. A private V berth is forward with outboard shelves. Both fore and aft hydraulics were recently serviced; new racing-quality main and jib halyards, and jib roller-furler added; and new anti-fouling bottom paint done in March 2013. THIS BOAT HAS A RETRACTABLE CENTERBOARD THAT ONLY DRAWS 5' OF WATER WHEN UP, AND 8' OF WATER OFFSHORE.
- Kevlar racing mainsail & 100% genoa, dacron mainsail and 150% genoa, Gale Sail (2010), Spinnaker. New (2012) main and jib halyards and jib furling line, as well as Doyle canvas mainsail cover.
- Additional Information
- Plastimo life raft 9-foot inflatable tender w/2-HP Honda outboard Cockpit cushions New antifouling bottom paint (2013) Danforth anchor and heavy-duty nylon line with chain leader Extra folding prop for racing Manual head w/shower and holding tank Y-valve electric & manual bilge pumps Fin keel w/centerboard Spade rudder Double lifelines Port & starboard seat lockers Stern-mounted swim ladder Dodger
- Yanmar 27 HP 3HM Diesel Fresh Water Cooled YachtAir 110V Reverse-cycle air conditioning/heat Destroyer wheel steering
- VHF radio B & G autopilot w/control head at cockpit & nav station Raymarine A70 GPS at helm Additional Raymarine GPS at nav station B & G Speed, log, depth, wind updated 2005 B & G speed & depth repeater at nav station, compass 4 AGM batteries plus starter battery (2012) Battery charger (2012) Inverter (2011) 110V shore power w/cord Circuit breaker panel High output alternator w/spare CD/AM/FM stereo
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.