- 44 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Hours
Picture Yourself broad reaching south in the Chesapeake on a cool and crisp October morning with winds blowing 25 to 30 knots. Now image you are enjoying a perfectly safe and comfortable ride on a gorgeous flag blue hull Mason 44. Such a day was a highlight for the current owners and could be for you. This Mason 44 is a serious blue water cruising sailboat with convertible cutter rig, full keel, powerful rudder and a folding prop that is well protected in an aperture. Designed by Al Mason and built at the TaShing yard (the same yard which builds the Nordhavn trawlers) the hull is solid glass and heavily reinforced. She is fast, sea kindly and comfortable. Two Cabins, one head, stall shower.
- Two private staterooms - One head - Stall shower - Sleeps 6 V berth with filler forward Head is forward of the salon with full stall shower U-shaped dinette in salon with seating for six on three sides Settee berth in salon with convertible over/under bunk Six foot three inch (6'3" headroom) New Cockpit Cushions 2008 Entire interior reupholstered 2008
- U-shaped galley on port side Custom, single deep stainless steel sink Force Ten 3-burner propane stove with oven 2010 Refrigeration and freezer with access from the countertop The galley and galley storage areas have been very nicely detailed with custom refrigerator shelves that have been sized to fit standard size plastic bottles, beer and soda bottles/cans, a custom spice rack, custom racks for mugs and glasses, a table drawer fitted for standard utensils, custom knife rack and galley shelves sized and fitted for standard yacht dishes. Seafrost refrigerator/freezer;(2 plates: 1-110v and 1-engine driven compressor 2009). Refrigerator box rebuilt with increased insulation in 2008 Grunert 12-volt refrigeration 2008 Extended countertop Pressure hot & cold water Village Marine 12v watermaker (pickled)
- Navigation Station
- Facing outboard on the starboard side. Flush-mounted navigation electronics including: E80 Multi Function Display Garmin 595 GPS Icom single side band radio Pactor modem Icom VHF Link 20 battery monitor Sony stereo Custom back-lit 12/110 volt electrical panel Swing out nav seat
- Raymarine E80 Multifunction Display at Helm 2007 Raymarine E80 Multifunction Display at Nav Station 2007 Raymarine 4KW Radar - 2007 Raymarine ST60 AWI, Close Haul Indicator, Depth and Knot meters 2007 Raytheon Autopilot 6000 II - 2007 Raymarine Firmware upgrade 2013 Icom 803 SSB w/Pactor Modem for Emails 2007 EPIRB recertified 2009, Icom M-100 VHF (nav station)2007 Standard Horizon VHF in cockpit - 2003 Sony CD/AM/FM/Cassette with alpine power amplifier Garmin 595 Chart Plotter & GPS
- 2 4D house batteries (2012) 120 amp hour engine start battery (2012) Balmar 125 amp dual output alternator-new (2010) Shore power system with a separate 110 volt panel at the nav station 110 volt shore power cord Mastervolt Inverter 2500 watt (2003) 12-volt outlets on deck and below Link 20 Battery Monitoring System Par 33660 electric bilge pump 2009 Rule 3500 electric bilge pump 2009 Spreader lights TV/AM/FM antenna AC/DC outlets throughout cabin Red/white interior lighting Tri-color masthead strobe
- Hull and Deck
- Hull color is Flag Blue - repainted 2009 Solid hand laid fiberglass construction for both hull and deck with teak overlay decks and varnished teak trim. Foam insulated hull liner Five (5) custom teak dorade boxes w/ s/s vents in lieu of standard fiberglass Six (6) Manship stainless steel hatches w/screens Custom oversized pedestal guard Eight (8) Hood s/s opening ports w/screens All fixed portlights have been replaced with new s/s opening ports Epoxy undercoating on the bottom Man Overboard Module (MOM) certified 2009 Maxwell-Nilssen windlass 2009 Saltwater deck wash 2010 Freshwater deck wash 45# CQR anchor 175 ft 3/8" hi-tensile chain 125 ft 1/2" nylon anchor rode Davits for dinghy Danforth anchor Supplementary stern chocks Enlarged bow chocks and oversized cleat Custom cockpit locker latches Varnished chock for cabin top boat hook Stainless steel swim ladder in stern pulpit Stainless steel fanny rails at mast Custom dodger (2008) Custom bimini (2008) with side curtains and connector to dodger Switlik 6-man Life Raft on stainless steel frame recertified 2009 Companionway screen
- Sails and Rigging
- Convertible Cutter Rig Quick stowing staysail stay (allows the yacht to be sailed as a cutter or a sloop) Chain plates replaced 2013 New life lines Hood stowaway main mast Electric halyard winch Harken furling headstay Gennaker halyard and gear Storm trysail track on the main mast Running backstays Hall quick vang Forespar whisker pole Spare main and jib halyards SAILS: Furling Mainsail, North - 8.3 oz dacron Furling Genoa 135% North (1999) dacron Sobstad Yankee- 7.2 oz dacron Staysail (lightly used) WINCHES (11): Primary cockpit - 2 Lewmar 55 ST Mainsheet/outhaul - Lewmar 46 ST Main & genoa halyard - 2 Barient halyards Secondary - Lewmar 40 ST (2) Jib furling winch - Lewmar 16 ST Additional winches - 3 Lewmar 40 ST (on mast)
- Yanmar 4JHTE 55 hp turbo diesel with approximately 4900 hrs. Hurth KBW 20, 2.6:1 reduction gear rebuilt 2004 Single-lever Morse controls at the helm Stainless steel propeller shaft 3 blade Maxi-prop (feathering) plus a standard 3-blade spare propeller(Max prop reconditioned @PYI, 2010)
- Other Features
- Henderson manual bilge pump Docklines 4 Fenders Remote gauges for all tanks Automatic Halon firebuoy system Spare parts inventory-considerable Folding cockpit table Custom teak helmsman step Ensign and staff 4 Halon fire extinguishers Espar diesel heater, custom installation with thermostat and centralized ducts New Cockpit Cushions 2008 Entire interior reupholstered 2008
- Picture Yourself broad reaching south in the Chesapeake on a cool and crisp October morning with winds blowing 25 to 30 knots. Now image you are enjoying a perfectly safe and comfortable ride on a gorgeous flag blue hull Mason 44. Such a day was a highlight for the current owners and could be for you. This Mason 44 is a serious blue water cruising sailboat with convertible cutter rig, full keel, powerful rudder and a folding prop that is well protected in an aperture. Designed by Al Mason and built at the TaShing yard (the same yard which builds the Nordhavn trawlers) the hull is solid glass and heavily reinforced. She is fast, sea kindly and comfortable. Two Cabins, one head, stall shower.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- A World Class Cruiser Call or e-mail BILL WIARD (727) 492-7044 Toll Free (866) 723-3991