- 42 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
This vessel has been extensively improved by her current owner to make her the ideal cruising
platform. From her exceptional electronics and navigation package to her battery banks,
inverter/charger, generator, and solar panels with Smartcharge controller she is set up to cruise
long distances then live comfortably on the hook for weeks at a time.
- The aft-cabin layout creates comfort and privacy for her passengers. The guest stateroom is forward with the guest head (which doubles as the day head) just aft to starboard. The master stateroom is aft, with its own head that includes a separate fiberglass shower stall with seat and lexan door and sliding screened window for light and ventilation. The master also features two hanging lockers, a shelved locker, and a sliding glass door to the cockpit. The cockpit in turn has a transom door, full fiberglass swim platform, and folding under platform swim ladder. After swimming, rinse off before boarding with the hot/cold fresh water cockpit shower. The cockpit is also set up for fishing with four rod holders in the coaming, six vertical rod holders on the aft bulkhead of the cabin, and raw-water washdown. The dinghy davits on the transom are quickly removable, and the Achilles hypalon dinghy has an air floor and can be rolled up and stored out of the way. The outboard motor mounts on a bracket when not in use. Returning to the interior accommodations, aft the guest stateroom to port is the galley with stainless steel sink, Princess 3-burner electric stove, Princess microwave, and Norcold refrigerator/freezer, as well as cabinets and drawers for storage. To starboard and up two steps is the dinette with bench seating and sliding door stowage compartment. One more step up is the main salon, with swivel/recliner footrest chair and a settee which converts to a comfortable double berth. The stereo is in a cabinet adjacent to the U-Line icemaker. The lower helm console is forward and to port in the salon, and has a full complement of navigation electronics, as well as excellent visibility ahead and to both sides through the large unobstructed windows. Visibility aft is through the sliding Lexan companionway door which leads to the raised aft deck. The aft deck is protected from the weather by a hardtop and full enclosure. Sidedeck access is through Zippered vinyl doors port and starboard and aft access to the cockpit is via a ladder down and through a roll-up vinyl curtain.
- Pioneer DEH-P5200 HD stereo system with AM/FM, CD, XM, MP3, iPod, IPhone compatability, XM antenna and tuner, two power amplifiers, and 10 speakers. The system has separate volume controls on the flybridge and in the master stateroom. There are two Sansui 19” flat screen TV’s with remotes and Shakespere SeaWatch 2025 amplified antenna with control panels. One TV is in the salon and the other in the master stateroom.
- Electrics & Navigation
- The electronic and navigation complement includes at the upper station a Garmin GPSMAP 4210 multi-function display with 10” screen, GPS/Chartplotter, GSD22 Network sounder/fishfinder, and GMR18HD digital network radar with 18” radome and 36 mile range. Also, all new 2011 coastal US and Bahamas charts. A JRC JMA 3316 3.9’ open-array commercial grade radar with 72 mile range and 10” LCD display was added NEW in 2011. Also NEW (2012) is the Raymarine SPX10 autopilot with ST70 control head and fluxgate compass. A Koden CVS-108 6” color CRT depthsounder/fishfinder is non-network, isolated as a back-up in case of lightning strike, etc. Other fly-bridge equipment includes a Guest Beamer 501 remote controlled spotlight (NEW 2011) and an ICOM M412 VHF radio (NEW 2011). At the lower station, there is a Garmin GPSMAP 4210 MFD GPS/Chartplotter networked to a GSD22 sounder and GMR18HD radar all NEW in 2011. Also, a Raymarine SmartController remote for the autopilot (NEW 2010). Also a Hummingbird Legend 1000 greyscale sounder non-network backup. There is a second remote for the spotlight and an ICOM M402 VHF (2009). In the engine room, there is a Bilgebuster electronic odor-eliminating system. Garmin 740S GPS map/sounder (new Aug. 2013) Autopilot - Garmin GHC10 (new 2013) Compass - 2 Ritchie 4.5 & 3.75 GPS - Garmin GPSMAP 4210 - Radar/plotter + sounder (new 2013) VHF - Icom M412 Radar - JRC 3336 72 mile radar (new 2013) TV set - 2 Units DVD player CD playerShore power inlet Generator
- Bridge & Deck
- Up three steps from the aft deck is the flying bridge, with captain’s chair and bench seating for up to 7 more. The bridge console features a full complement of electronic and navigation equipment that is well laid out and easy to see and use. Recessed shelves in the bridge sides provide stowage. The bridge is also protected by a full enclosure with roll-up vinyl windows. The sidedecks and foredeck have two-bar handrails with boarding gates port and starboard. The foredeck has a molded-in bow pulpit with anchor roller and Lewmar stainless steel Pro Series 1000 electric windlass with controls at both stations and on the foredeck. There is also a bracket for mounting a Fortress FX-23 anchor on the rail. A second spare FX-23 is stored folded in the lazarette, and there is a spare 35 lb Delta anchor as well, all with chain and rope rodes. Solar panel Tender - Achilles Hyperlon 8.8 w/Tohatsu 3.5ob Bimini (new 2013) with new roll up windows 2010
- No exterior brightwork or teak decks to maintain! Plenty of varnished teak belowdecks, combined with white headliners create a warm, light, and airy interior. Excellent light and ventilation is provided by the large sliding windows, doors, ample portlights and hatches throughout, all screened. The bottom was stripped, barrier coated, and given 2 coats of Pettit Trinidad Hard Epoxy bottom paint in 2009-2010, then given a coat of West Marine PCA Gold ablative over that each year. Last painted in May of 2012 and zincs replaced then also. Spares include a spare starter, alternator, injectors, and raw water pump for the Cummins B210 main engines as well as impellers, belts, filters, a spare Rule 1500 GPM bilge pump (in addition to the 3 in the 3 bilge compartments) a spare pair of Michigan Dyna-Quad 4-blade propellers, (newly reconditioned), and more. Oil X-change system in engine room serves both mains and the genset. Algae-X magnetic fuel conditioners treat the fuel ahead of the Racor 1000 primary filters which then feed the on-engine secondary filters on both main engines. Canvas covers for forward windows match enclosure. Sliding doors to salon and master stateroom have shade cloth covers for hot summer weather. Electric bilge pump Battery charger Air conditioning - 2 - 12000 BTU Cruise Air Hot water - 11 gallon Oven - Princess electric 3-burner Microwave oven Refrigerator - Norcold
- SPIRIT is a documented vessel that has been extensively improved by her current owner to make her an ideal cruising platform. From her exceptional navigation package to her battery banks, inverter/charger, diesel genset, and solar panels with SmartCharge controller, she is set up to cruise long distances and then provide comfortable living on the hook for weeks at a time. She is equally at home at the dock, where her dual 30 amp 110 volt shore-power hookup and dual-zone reverse cycle air conditioning make life comfortable. She has cruised 10,000 miles in the past 3 years, including all of Florida’s gulf coast, a bit in the keys, all over the Bahamas (3 months each of the past 3 years, from the Abacos in the north to the Exumas in the south), the ICW, Chesapeake Bay and all the way north to the coast of Maine the past 2 summers. She runs economically in displacement mode like a trawler making 7.3 knots at 1,200 RPM getting better than 2 mpg or can cruise on a plane at 13 – 15 knots getting just under 1 mpg. Top speed is about 18 knots depending on load.
- Specifications and details of this vessel are provided in good faith for informational purposes only. Data regarding the specifications, operating characteristics, and condition of the vessel was obtained from sources believed to be reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, capacities, consumptions and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided and agrees to instruct his agent or surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price and inventory changes and withdrawl from market without notice.
- Please contact Peter Reed for additional information: 954.525.7637 206.817.5315 email@example.com