- 28 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
"DESIGNER'S COMMENTS: The hull form of this design is conductive to performance and comfort. It's broad beam makes for a very versatile deck area and a spacious interior. The broad beam in no way hampers her sailing ability. The standard waterline beam of 8' is so shaped that the water "sees" this even at angles of heel. The beam only leads stability, hence power to carry sail. The shape of the aft sections makes her very tame and lets the boat be sailed in virtually a "hands off the wheel" manner. Owners are constantly amazed at her performance and seaworthiness in light or heavy winds. Dual Cabin: The dual cabin plan offers an amazingly large interior. Inspect the individual areas and compare them to any other yacht and you'll find the Caliber 28 is unsurpassed. The U-shaped galley area affords plenty of counter space and features an overhead cabinet, utensil drawer, and three lockers to utilize all available storage. The private head is enclosed by a solid teak door, with roominess unheard of in a yacht this size. A pressurized shower is standard and storage space maximized. The main salon features two full sized settee berths with storage above, behind, and below each one. The starboard settee converts to a double berth. The centerline table is structured to withstand bracing loads. The V-berth cabin features full standing headroom with storage space above the double berth and below in drawers and lockers. Two solid sliding doors insure your privacy in this area."
- From the large cockpit you can maneuver easily around the side decks. Port and starboard boarding gates make boarding easy. From the cockpit and down the companionway steps you enter the main cabin. To port is the “U” shaped galley area with ample countertop spaces and storage. There is a built in 12 volt refrigerator/freezer, alcohol stove, and stainless steel sink. To starboard is the head complete with shower. The salon features port and starboard settees and a centered salon table with two folding leafs allowing easy dining for four. Outboard of the settees are storage shelves and lockers. All the way forward is the V-berth with filler cushion. The berth offer excellent storage of clothing and personal gear. With opening ports and overhead hatches, ventilation is excellent
- The galley is large for a 28 foot boat and is “U” shaped. Plenty of storage and countertop spaces for food preparation that will certainly please the onboard chef. Stainless steel sink with faucet Origo 4000 (2) burner alcohol stove with wood cutting board top Iso-Therm dual voltage refrigerator/freezer Overhead cabinets and drawer (2) in-counter storage areas
- Cockpit dimensions are 5 ft by 6 ft 7 inches Teak anchor pulpit with (2) anchor rollers (2) plow anchors with chain and rope rode Bow anchor locker Teak cockpit trim and cabin top hand rails Stainless steel stanchions with double life lines Port and starboard boarding gates into cockpit (4) overhead opening hatches (4) opening ports (2) fixed large windows Stern folding stainless steel swim ladder Cockpit lazarette for storage and access into engine space Sunbrella covers for mainsail, helm and winches Sunbrella White Bimini top with stainless steel supports Cockpit closed cell foam cushions Teak folding cockpit table Magma propane grill with cover Horse shoe life ring mounted on starboard cockpit rail Aluminum toe rails
- West Marine VHF 500 with DSC mounted in cabin Raymarine ST-40 depthfinder Garmin GPS Map 546S chartplotter Ritchie Compass
- Rigging & Sails
- All standing rigging replaced in December 2004 Aluminum mast and boom (mast height is 44’ 6”) Manual boom vang Deck mounted whisker pole (2) Harken 32-2 primary winches Barient 10 winch Total sail area 428 square feet Mainsail new in 1997, good condition Harken roller furling for 150% Genoa Custom mast climbing system Harken traveler Internal halyards led to cockpit
- 12 volt DC and 120 Volt AC power Guest battery charger (2) battery selector switch start battery, (1) house battery and (2) Trojan T-105 six volt batteries Stainless steel water heater with heat exchanger Marine AM/FM/CD player with remote speakers Raritan 12 volt electric toilet 30 Amp shore power cord
- Engine room is accessed thru hatch behind the companionway ladder Yanmar 20 hp diesel engine, fresh water cooled Kanzi transmission with stainless steel shaft Dripless shaft log Yanmar engine panel with alarms at helm Separate transmission and throttle controls at helm Edson stainless steel destroyer wheel Edson pedestal
- Brokers Remarks
- Overall a nice boat that need some minor TLC here and there. She is mechanically and structurally very good. Owner’s change of plans dictates the sale.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- GET EMAIL UPDATES