- 53 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Number of Engines
- Engine Hours
2014 Service Records:
- Main engine 3 years service interval includes all coolers sonically cleaned and pressured test 5/1/14
- New Twin Disc Transmission installed with 2/year warranty 5/1/14
- Panda 12 Mini under factory warranty installed 1/1/14 w/143 hrs
- Haul Out, bottom coatings and prop speed applied 3/15/14
- Awl Bright Varnish Coats reapplied 3/15/14
- Complete Awl Care Polymer sealant applied "waterline up" 5/14/14
- Interior steps stripped and revarnished w/nonskid 3/15/14
"Black Swan" is a superb example of the Krogen 53 Express. She is one of the rare few to be offered with the most reliable, trouble free Yanmar 420 horsepower main engine package. The Yanmar drive trains offer a better turn of speed and a much more user friendly engine space then her Caterpillar powered sisterships.
This couples with the numerous upgrades offered by her owner and unparalleled service records make "Black Swan" a magnificent value in today's market. Highlights of her attributes include the custom hardtop with new frameless wind screen on the Fly Bridge, extensive electronics package, faired to perfection black hull with UV clear coat, tender and davit and Naiad electronically controlled stabilizers.
"Black Swan" offers exceptional styling and composer with her BLACK HULL and shiny awl craft 2000 topsides accented by her gold cove stripe. Decks are non-skid white with a teak overlay in the cockpit and on the fly bridge. Her superstructure is also accented by a modest amount of bright work with recent high gloss varnish. Her interior make up is varnished cherry wood with teak and holly cabin soles. There is exceptional lighting and natural ventilation throughout.
With her plum stern, low profile, and dark painted hull sides, "Black Swan" is sure to turn heads wherever she cruises. The modern interpretation of this traditional coastal cruiser also has functional advantages as well. Her uncommonly low air draft provides improved stability and allows her owners to clear more bridges. Her raised bow and broad forward sections contribute to an exceptionally spacious master stateroom. "Black Swan" is unique in that she is equipped with Naiad stabilizers. The combination with her stabilization, creates a "best in class" ride.
Designed by acclaimed naval architect, James Krogen, the Krogen 53's semi-displacement hull is a marvel of performance and efficiency. When conditions are perfect and time allows, she can cruise at 8 knots with a fuel burn of only 3 gallons per hour (as per manufacturer). If you would like more speed to get out of the path of a storm, make a bridge, or get home quicker, her 420 hp Yanmar's can provide a speed of 16 knots with a fuel burn of approximately 20 gph.
The engine room in the Krogen Express is an unexpected surprise, with nearly 6' of headroom and easy access outboard of her 420 hp Yanmar diesels. The Aqua Drive absorbs torque from the propellers so the engines do not have to be hard mounted to the structure which dramatically reduces vibration.
"Black Swan" is the nicest example of a Krogen 53 Express that we have had the opportunity to offer for sale. She has been professionally maintained while being berthed behind the owner's home, only a mile from our office. Full service records are available upon request.
- Accommodations and Layout
- Starting forward the master cabin features a queen centerline walk around berth with excellent headroom. Above the headboard is access to the ground tackle locker. Abundance drawer and hanging locker storage, ensuite head aft and to port with its own stall shower. There is also a large vanity on the aft bulkhead of the master stateroom. Next aft to starboard is the convertible guest cabin with upper and lower large single berths. The upper berth folds down to create a settee. Aft and outboard one finds a counter top with large drawer storage below as well as hanging locker space. The head is opposite to port and hosts a stall shower. Access to the engine room is down a few steps and through a bulkhead door. The engine room is immaculate and houses all ships machinery. Up to the pilothouse with well-appointed helm station. Aft to starboard is a traditional convertible settee with table, which converts to a pilot berth. An abundance of drawer storage allow for stowage of all the necessary piloting tolls, charts, ships manuals, plus more. Wing doors are located to port and starboard for access to the protected side decks. Moving aft a staircase leads to the enclosed flybridge or down to the main salon/galley. This space is extremely comfortable with galley up and forward, large built in bookshelf to port with cupboard stowage below. Aft to port are two barrel chairs. Aft to starboard is a convertible dinette with custom oversized dining table allowing dining for four. This settee is aft and inboard facing and is flanked a sideboard style storage cupboard. From starboard one may exit the interior to the spacious aft cockpit with stern boarding door in the transom and side boarding doors in gunwale.
- Master Stateroom
- Centerline Queen berth with custom Temperpedic split mattress Custom linens and fitted sheets Large dry storage area under berth Ensuite head with stall shower Air conditioning is Single zone reverse cycle with electronic control 10" Flat screen TV All cabinets have louvered doors Satin-varnished cherry cabinetry that includes 15 storage drawers and 4 large lockers (4) Stainless steel opening port lights with screens Bowman opening deck hatches, aluminum 110-volt outlets in cabin and head area
- Guest Stateroom
- Tempur-Pedic custom mattress with fitted sheets and linens Custom ladder to upper berth (10) Storage drawers and (4) lockers Stainless steel opening port lights with screens Bowmar opening deck hatch An secondary clothes dryer in addition to combination washer dryer located in hallway
- The U-shaped galley faces the main salon and features an Island counter with custom overhead cabinetry. Force-10 3-burner stove with oven GE 13-cubic foot refrigerator/freezer with matching cherry face panel Built-in microwave Corian counter tops with teak fiddles Stainless steel, over-sized sink (2) Large stowage lockers and (7) drawers Round opening port light with screen
- Main Salon
- Air conditioning is single zone, reverse cycle with electronic controls Hi-low drop leaf dining table U-Line icemaker Custom blinds on all windows Navy Blue velour upholstery Large full-length storage area outboard of dining settee Sharp 20" flat screen TV Opening windows to port and starboard Retractable screen door to aft deck Double opening door to aft deck
- Engine Details
- Twin Yanmar 2001, 420 hp diesel engines. Engine Hours: Port 1454; Stbd. 1455 Twin Disc 2.43 to 1.0 ratio Fiberglass mufflers Aqua Drive engine mounts Dual Racor fuel filters 18.6 knots at 2900 rpm with 30 gal/fuel consumption Range: 380 nm with 10-fuel reserve Water separators Underwater exhausts Engine synchronizer Aquemet shaft, 2" Stainless steel rudders Hi-Torque 4-blade, 26" X 24" bronze propellers Engine room blower Bennett trim tabs
- New Fischer Panda 12 Kw generator - 114 hours Heart 2500 inverter with 12V charger (2) 50-amp 110V shore power with cords and Glendinning reefs 240V AC fore (2) 120/240V AC/50 and 12V DC circuit breaker panels (4) 8D 12V house batteries (2) 12V engine start batteries (1) 12V generator start battery Fiberglass boxes for batteries (2) 24V bow thruster/batteries with 24V battery charger Bonding system
- Naiad electronically controlled roll stabilizers Max Power 18-hp, 24V bow thruster with separate battery bank and independent charging system Electric oil change system Air conditioning is Cruise Air 3-zone, reverse cycle Hot water heater, 12-gallons (3) Rule 2000 gph electric bilge pumps Dockside pressure water with regulator Shower sump pump Bronze sea cocks through hull fittings All new high-pressure custom fuel lines in lieu of copper Salt and fresh water wash down on fore deck
- Furuno 1900 repeater which uses Navionics charts Furuno Nav Net (original) - with 24-mile color radar Raymarine E120W GPS Naiad thruster control Max Power thruster control Simrad AP21 autopilot (hand-held also on deck) Standard Horizon VHF radio with RAM mic/submersible model # CMP 23W Digital antennas for VHF radios ICOM Command Mic model HM-1278 VDO rudder indicator Yanmar engine gauges Hynautic engine controls Horizon intercom Seawatch TV antenna Compass Air horn 12V stereo/CD with speakers
- Raymarine E120W GPS Furuno Navnet Furuno 1973 chart plotter and 24-mile color radar with 4' open array Leica revceiver Leica GPS antenna Simrad AP20 autopilot with JC300X handle Raymarine tri-data ICOM 502 VHF with power mic and digital antenna ICOM Command Mic model HM-1278 - port side of wheel ICOM SP-5 speaker Standard Hroizon VHF radio with RAM mic submersible model # CMP 23W Overhead electronics cabinet Naiad stabilizer control Max Power thruster control ACR remote control search light VDO rudder indicator Hynautic engine controls Yanmar engine gauges Weems/Plath clock and barometer Horizon intercom Kidde Firewatch system Danforth constllaton compass (3) Windshield wipers Ship's wheel (2) Hand rails overhead Chart lights Electrical outlets
- 2009 Top Side Awl Craft 2000 Complete Paint refit 2011 Hull Sides faired, Awl Craft 2000 Black and clear coated 2014 (March) Bottom coating and serviced during haulout
- Owner's personal effects
- Broker Comments
- With her plum stern, low profile, and dark painted hull sides, BLACK SWAN is sure to turn heads wherever she cruises. The modern interpretation of this traditional coastal cruiser also has functional advantages as well. Her uncommonly low air draft provides improved stability and allows her owners to clear more bridges. Her raised bow and broad forward sections contribute to an exceptionally spacious master stateroom. BLACK SWAN is unique in that she is equipped with Naiad stabilizers. The combination with stabilization, creates a "best in class" ride. Designed by acclaimed naval architect, James Krogen, the Krogen 53's semi-displacement hull is a marvel of performance and efficiency. When conditions are perfect and time allows, she can cruise at 8 knots with a fuel burn of only 3 gallons per hour (as per manufacturer). If you would like more speed to get out of the path of a storm, make a bridge, or get home quicker, her 420 hp Yanmar diesels. The Aqua Drive absorbs torque from the propellers so the engines do not have to be hard mounted to the structure which dramatically reduces vibration. BLACK SWAN is the nicest example of a Krogen 53 Express that we have had the opportunity to offer for sale. She has been professionally maintained while being berthed behind the owner's home, only a mile from our office. Full service records are available upon request.
- Default Disclaimer
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.