Custom! Custom! Beautiful Custom! From her entire salon, galley, and dinette total refit to her fresh professionally applied Awlgrip paint job, this vessel is extremely special and is truly a “must see” for any potential 65’ Hatteras buyer. 900 hours since engine overhauls. Brand new generators with less than 100 hours. This is a 1988 65’ Hatteras but easily mistaken for a much later model yacht. She has benefited from an extensive interior refit and a flawless exterior paint job in Dec. 2010. This yacht has seldom been fished and spent most of its time cruising at 12 kts. She is exquisite from stem to stern! The owners are serious sellers. They are ready to move up to a 70' - 80' motor yacht. Trades considered. Present all offers.
- Vessel Walkthrough
- The master stateroom is forward in the bow with a centerline queen and private head and shower to port. Aft to port is a twin berth stateroom with its own private head and shower. To starboard is the third stateroom, featuringcross-over berths. The utility room/pump room is accessed from a door in this stateroom. Aft, up the companionway stairs is a dinette with seating for 6 to starboard and a full custom galley to port. Further aft is the luxuriously appointed salon with a large L-shaped leather sofa and two swivel based occasional chairs, entertainment center and pop-up 43" LCD TV.
- Enter the salon through a custom frameless full view salon door. You will find the salon elegantly decorated and completely refit with custom crafted cherry joinery, new headliner/lighting, huge custom L-shaped leather couch with storage, swivel occasional chairs, new carpeting, and soft goods. Overhead custom fluted cherry valences circulate air conditioning throughout the main level. The high end entertainment system begins with a Bose 48 sound system and hard drive CD storage. Multiple outboard amplifiers and a Niles audio channel selector pipe sound throughout interior, cockpit, and foredeck. A new 43” Samsung Plasma television on motorized lift emerges from granite counters and comfortably viewable from entire salon. Custom lighting with dimmers
- Thickly etched and backlit glass divider visually separates the salon and dining area, while adding a dramatic artistic focal point. The raised Dinette seating is covered in butter soft ultra-leather and the granite dining table sits on beautiful, custom fluted cherry pedestals. A Scottsman wet cube icemaker and refreshment cabinet can be found in this area as well.
- The refit Galley is absolutely incredible with more than ample storage. Top of the line amenities include four Sub-Zero refrigerator drawers, two Sub-Zero freezer drawers, four burner cooktop, microwave/convection oven, and dishwasher. Custom pull-out china cabinet, steam bent curved cabinet doors have been built in to accommodate additional storage. Granite counters and a deep undermount sink round out this dream galley.
- Master Stateroom
- Redecorated and updated master stateroom features a centerline queen, large hanging locker, ample storage drawers, new carpeting and soft goods. The entertainment center includes a flat screen television with surround sound. Owners will appreciate the ensuite head with large Jacuzzi tub, upgraded fixtures, freshwater flush Galleymaid head, and teak and holly sole.
- Guest Stateroom - Port
- This tastefully decorated stateroom incorporates a unique bed arrangement. A track and roller system allows quick conversion from queen bed to a twin arrangement as needed. A flatscreen television provides entertainment. There is also a full length hanging locker, storage drawers, and new carpeting. The head is ensuite, large shower with seat, freshwater flush Galleymaid head, and teak and holly sole.
- Guest Stateroom - Starboard
- The starboard stateroom features cross-over berths and its own private head with shower stall. It has a 13" flat screen TV. A door in this stateroom permits access to the pump room.
- Electronics and Navigational Equipment
- Inside the newly appointed enclosed flybridge are (2) Furuno Nav Net VX-2 systems with GPS and radar; C-map system, Furuno 581 depth recorder, wind indicator and Simrad AP-25 Autopilot. Along with a VHF Radio are AM/FM Stereo and 6 disc CD player, dedicated to the flybridge. Ther are repeaters in the tower for GPS, VHF, depth and speed. All electronics are interfaced. Cockpit VHF radio.
- Electrical System
- 12V, and 24V DC electrical systems. Twin 20KW Onan gensets with less than 100 hours of operation. Automatic 40 amp battery charger. Two 50 amp/120 volt shore cords with cockpit inlets port and starboard. Battery parallel switch.
- Engine/Mechanical Equipment
- The engine room is well maintained. Besides the two massive 8V396 MTU engines there are twin 20KW Gensets. The oil change system has a 30 gallon reservoir. A custom fan driven exhaust system keeps the engine room comfortable. Complete engine gauges are installed here. Halon system. Start/Stop switches and battery parallel switches are another convenient item located in the engine room. Bow pulpit with windlass. Davit on bow, 1500lb capacity.
- Helm Area (Enclosed Flybridge)
- The comfort of this enclosed bridge model is incredible. From custom "Crowne International" helm and companion seats to total refitted guest seating, this area shows as new. Custom refrigerator adjacent to helm. There is a full array of electronics, gauges, engine controls etc.
- This 183 sq. ft. of massive cockpit is handsomely adorned with a custom teak deck and custom teak covering boards. The salon entry steps and flybridge ladder steps are also teak. From the Eskimo ice machine to the offset stanchion varnished teak fighting chair this is truly one of the most well appointed cockpits ever. There is an over sided transom fish box and additional fishbox under the cockpit sole. The cockpit cabinetry house a front opening refrigerator and freezer, tackle storage, engine room entry, Jenn-Aire grill. There is a custom removable sunshade that allows most of the cockpit to be covered and a cockpit flycover to protect all of the luxurious teak surfaces. Custom swim/dive ladder.
- Besides the enclosed flybridge there is of course the aft control station with complete clutch and throttle controls and a switch for the electrically actuated outriggers. This vessel also is equipped with a full Tuna Tower. A new, Furuno, FCV-585 Color Video has been installed at the aft helm station in a custom, glassed in enclosure.
- Recent Upgrades and Equipment List
- Awlgrip Paint topsides and bottom job Dec 2010 New generators with less than 100 hours. 20KW and 21.5KW with sound shields. Both engines majored by Peter Angel at Marine Diesel Specialists 900 hours ago. Additional work included turbos, new risers, heat exchanger, cooler inspection and cleaning, hoses, exhaust, belts, raw water pumps, etc. Receipts available. Commercial duty rated MTU power, 0.6horsepower per cubic inch (20,000 hr engine). Highly reliable and long life design. Excellent low end torque for long range cruising. Mostly cruised at an economical 10 to 12 knots. Yacht cruised at a max of 18 knots @1650 rpm (past 20 years). No “Cowboy” captains. Hydraulic controls fully serviced 2011. New Superstor all stainless water heater Upgraded/fully serviced air condioning. Master stateroom, Salon, and Pilothouse compressors upgraded 2009. Upgraded to Cruisair TurboVap air handlers in Master stateroom, VIP stateroom, and Pilothouse 2013. 80,000 BTUs. Cockpit Eskimo Ice Chipper 2008 Built in Jennair cockpit grill Glendenning engine synchronizers Custom Miami Cordage 1” gold docklines Bose 48 entertainment system in Salon with hard drive and outboard amps for speakers in staterooms, cockpit and foredeck (each area individually controlled). Enclosed bridge stereo with multi disc player and outboard amps. Sound System configured to switch between Salon Source or EB source for cockpit and foredeck Surround sound in Master ICOM IC-M302 VHF ICOM IC-M100 VHF Apelco VHF 8500 Datamarine Apparent Wind Speed Indicator Furuno FCV-581 Color Video Sounder Furuno FCV-585 Color Video Souder Furuno DFax weather fax Furuno FS-4001 SSB radiotelephone 2 Furuno Navnet VX2 units in Pilothouse Simrad AP25 and AP26 autopilot controls in Pilothouse and Tuna Tower 2 bottom machines, in pilothouse and at upper rear control station. Freshwater flush Galleymaid heads 24 volt Galleymaid windlass Upgraded plumbing, new Headhunter Mach 5 freshwater pump, accumulator (2012). HRO 600 GPD Water maker HRO UV light water purification system Sub Zero drawer refrigeration in galley, 4 refrigeration, 2 freezer New 43” Samsung Plasma TV on Auton lift in salon. Samsung flatscreen TVs in all staterooms. Engine driven crash pump Tuna tower Hydraulic automated outriggers Center rigger Highest quality upgraded interior throughout Granite countertops in salon and dinette Dishwasher Crowne International helm and companion chairs Teak and holly sole Cockpit sunshade Cockpit cover Full length removable cockpit shade Marquipt low profile 1500 lb hydraulic operation Dinghy Davit (2009) 2006 Zodiac Yachtline 420 Dinghy with 50 hours on Yamaha 50 HP 4 stroke. Tubes serviced/reglued, engine serviced 2012. Scottsman wet cube ice maker in salon. Enclosed bridge refrigerator. Custom aluminum bow rail Custom recessed exterior deckhouse grab rails. Custom salon couch with storage Thickly etched and backlit room divider Crowne International helm and companion chairs Pilothouse pull out watch berth with rod storage Salon Swivel chairs, reupholstered. Recently installed thick teak sole in cockpit, steps, ladder stairs and coaming. Excellent condition. Thick Cockpit bolsters 130 lb Class offset Murray Brothers fight chair with Ladder Back and rocket launcher back Fresh 8D batteries, upgraded Mastervolt charging system Freshly awlgripped battery boxes 30 gallon oil storage tank (factory option) with dockside fill 3 stage engine block heaters (1500W, 3000W, 4500W) Custom full view salon door with see through and solid snap on covers Carpet Runners 5 blade nibral props New carpeting Recent bottom job and zincs. Galleymaid windlass. Custom engine room ladder removable for use as dive ladder at transom. 6 person life raft McMurdo Precision 406 auto deploy EPIRB Halon System Lock Box/Safe in Master stateroom closet 5 Fly bridge aft rail welded rocket launchers Lube Oil transfer system Fuel transfer system Hart Systems Tank Tender ACR Remote spotlight Cockpit refrigerator and freezer Cockpit bait and prep tackle center Whirlpool Big Twins Washer and Dryer set
- Owner's personal items and tools.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Galati Yacht Sales has been committed to exceeding the expectations of its customers for more than 42 years, and we understand that purchasing a boat is a big decision. Our professional staff is here to assist you in every way – before, during and after the sale. Please feel free to contact us with any questions that you may have. Helpful Links: Finance | Insurance | Deals and Specials | Sell Your Yacht