- 42 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
EXCELLENT BUYING OPPRTUNITY ...
2008 42' MANTA MARK IV
"Toucan Dream" was designed and built
as the quintessential cruising catamaran.
She offers wonderful accommodations, level passage making,
abundant storage for extended cruising and live-aboard and
great sailing characteristics that a couple can easily handle.
"Toucan Dream" is incredibly self-sufficient and
ready to carry her new owners anywhere their imagination takes them.
"Toucan Dream" has just been serviced and upgraded and
is ready for survey.
If you truly want an absolute turnkey vessel,
this boat will please the most discriminating buyer and
must be seen to be appreciated.
Addtional pictures to follow.
- Accommodations Overview
- "Toucan Dream" is the ultimate Bluewater cruising catamaran and sleeps (6) comfortably in three Staterooms. The Port Hull features the Owner's Suite with Master Stateroom with Head with separate shower and companionway pantry storage and bookcases. The Starboard Hull features an aft VIP Stateroom and a forward Guest Stateroom. A Guest Head is shared and built-in bookcase lines the companionway. The vessel boasts a gourmet Galley and an inviting and relaxing Salon for lounging and entertaining. Ivory UltraLeather upholstery. Interior woods are varnished maple veneer and teak trim throughout. Solid door trim and louvered teak doors. Swanstone solid surface counter tops. Vinyl headliner. Highly durable composite teak and holly cabin soles. Additional storage capacities built in. Washer/dryer. Water maker. Cabin headroom is 6’ 4”.
- Salon / Dinette / Nav Station
- L-shaped settee with ivory Ultraleather upholstery and storage under. (2) Matching ottomans with ivory Ultraleather upholstery. Large adjustable table with teak trim for dining or entertaining. Full size wet/hanging locker with drains. Samsung NTSC/PAL/SECAM 14" flat panel TV. Intellian In-Motion Satellite TV dish (owner received Direct TV all the way down to Turks and Caicos). Glomex masthead TV/AM/FM antenna. Clarion DVD player and AM/FM radio with remote with built-in Sirius Radio and separate arch mounted antenna. 12v DC Fan. Dimmer switch for Salon lighting. SSB ground plate copper mesh embedded in Salon floor. Nav Station Chart table with additional integrated storage cabinet. Electronics (see under Electronics and Navigation Equipment section below). Electrical panel. Network connectivity for laptop and Wi-Fi amplifier. Extensive cruising guides, hard copy navigation charts.
- U-shaped galley to port. Adler Barbour top loading 12v 10 cu. ft. refrigerator and freezer with 6” foam insulation and divider. Force 10 (3) burner stove with oven with storage locker below. GE Microwave oven. Swanstone solid surface counter tops. Large integrated Swanstone 60/40 dual sink. Single lever faucet. Hot/cold pressure water. Fresh water foot pump (backup). Multiple upper and lower cabinet storage and drawers. Built-in top access trash chute with shelf below built-in can. Complete set of pots/ pans/ utensils/ dishes. (2) Fiberglass LPG tanks. LED Star lights over stove. 12v Exhaust blower. 12v DC Fan.
- Port Hull / Owner's Suite
- Owner’s Master Stateroom is aft. Private Head forward with separate full shower. Companionway between Stateroom and Head with large bookcase on one side and generous pantry storage inboard and outboard. Queen size bed facing fore and aft with 4" mattress and 2" "Cool" memory foam topper. Settee area. Large cedar-lined hanging locker. Drawer storage. Additional locker storage. Reading lights. Overhead lights. Overhead hatch with Skyshade sunshade. 12v DC Fan. Owner’s Head and Shower Thetford Techma upgraded electric head system. Vanity with countertop, sink and storage below. Mirrored medicine cabinet. Separate shower stall with hinged teak shower seat with storage below, shower wand and curtain. Nu Teak flooring in head and shower area for easy cleaning plus improved feel and appearance. Overhead hatch with Skyshade sunshade.
- Starboard Hull / Guest Staterooms / Guest Head
- VIP Stateroom is aft. The Guest Head can be accessed from the companionway or the forward Guest Stateroom. Bookcase in companionway. Pantry storage adjacent to head, inboard and outboard. Aft VIP Stateroom Queen-size berth facing athwartship with 4" mattress and 2" "Cool" memory foam topper. Settee area. Cedar-lined hanging locker. Drawer storage. Additional locker storage. Reading lights. Overhead lights. Overhead hatch with Skyshade sunshade. 12v DC Fan. Forward Guest Stateroom Double-size berth aft-facing with 4" mattress and 2" "Cool" memory foam topper. Storage cabinet. Overhead hatch with Skyshade sunshade. 12v DC Fan. Spendide washer/dryer combo in custom cabinet. G uest Head Thetford Techma upgraded electric head system. Vanity with countertop, sink and storage below. Mirrored medicine cabinet. Separate shower stall with hinged teak shower seat with storage below. Nu teak flooring in head and shower area for easy cleaning plus improved feel and appearance.
- Electronics and Navigation Equipment
- HELM: Raymarine E120 Chart Plotter. Raymarine 4kW Arch Post Mounted Raydome. Raymarine SV3G Auto Pilot with Wireless Remote. Raymarine Knot, Depth, Wind Speed/ Direction. ICOM Command Mic II Handset VHF Radio. Raymarine Sirius Weather Module. Integrated Class B AIS that displays on the Chart Plotter. Ritchie Binnacle Compass. ACR EPIRB with hydrostatic release. Completely redundant 12v low amperage computer based navigation system with Argonaut sunlight visible weatherproof 15" drop-down color screen, separate GPS Receiver - uses any PC based navigation software and charts. Hand-held portable depth sounder for dinghy. Head set communicator system. Spot satellite tracker. Spare uninstalled VHF Radio. Extensive paper and electronic charts for US, Bahamas and eastern Caribbean. Nav Station: ICOM IC-M422 VHF Radio. ICOM IC-M802 Modular SSB with copper mesh ground plane mounted in Salon Floor and alternate ground button mounted in the hull. ICOM AT-140 Auto Tuner. Hand-held VHF Radio. Garmin GPSMAP hand-held GPS.
- Next Generation Power 5.5kW diesel generator with sound shield - complete generator rebuild May 2013. (6) 85 watt Solar panels with BlueSky solar regulator. (8) Lifeline AGM batteries - NEW May 2013. Balmar Duo Charger for each start engine battery. 115 amp High output alternators. 12v DC and110v AC systems. Breaker panel with digital volt and amp meters. Dual 30 amp 110v AC Shore power systems. 110/220V AC isolation transformers - rotary switch for U.S. or European voltage. Magnum Mana Sine 2kW inverter/100 amp battery charger - remote panel. Link 10 battery monitor - NEW May 2013. Battery combiner. 12v DC Lighting throughout. 12v DC, 110v AC Outlets throughout. Additional 12v DC, 110v AC outlets in Cockpit. Individual reading lights in salon and each Cabin. 12v DC Fans in Salon, Galley and Cabins. Masthead lightning protection. LED Courtesy lights.
- Newport 400 Mag Water Maker with remote panel at Nav Station. - water maker completely serviced May 2013. Water maker valving so that produced water can go to the tank or a separate dispenser directly to the sink. All water production from the water maker is filtered through activated carbon filter. Huge assortment of spares including the technician's spare parts kit, hand held salinity probe, calibration fluids and numerous spare solenoids etc. Isotemp 10 gallon water heater. (2) Thetford Techma upgraded electric head systems. (2) 20 gallon holding tanks with Y-valves, macerator pumps, deck discharge. (2) Sealed shower sumps with automatic float switches. Sea Tech quick connect color-coded water lines. All through-hulls and seacocks are noncorrosive Forespar Marelon or Groco heavy duty brass.
- Hull Construction
- Hull, deck, and bulkheads are constructed of triaxial, biaxial, and unidirectional fiberglass with vinylester, isophthalic resins. Divinycell (hull and deck). Nida-core (sub-soles and bulkheads). Wetted surfaces below the waterline are solid GRP construction with vinylester resin. Above the waterline in the hull and deck isopthalic resin is used. Construction vacuum bagged for stiffness, strength, and reduced weight. Bow and keels are reinforced with Kevlar. Hull to deck marriage done with 3M 5200 marine adhesive/sealant and reinforced with 360 degree unidirectional laminates on the inside of the hull/deck bond for additional structural integrity and stiffness, creating a monocoque structure. Hull/deck seam is finished with a heavy duty vinyl rub rail. Thru-hull fittings and seacocks are non-corrosive Marelon. All deck hardware is thru-bolted with aluminum backing plates laminated into the respective location. All stanchions, handrails, cleats, opening ports and hatches, locker latches, hinges, chain plates, anchor roller and fuel and water fills are 316 stainless steel. Upper and lower lifelines are vinyl covered stainless steel. All running deck hardware and winches are by Harken. Welded anodized radar arch with integral aluminum hard top, visibility hatch, fiberglass storage box, Strataglass windshield and cockpit lighting. Polycast 3/8" acrylic tinted salon windows, with protective molded fiberglass louvers. Molded non-skid on all deck surfaces. Molded console with space for instrumentation and line bin at helm. The diesel and water tanks are heavily constructed of 3/16" aluminum with baffles fore and aft. Tank external surfaces are epoxy coated for elimination of corrosion.
- Deck Equipment and Features
- Includes 2013 Walker Bay Genesis Deluxe Dinghy with 2008 2-stroke Yamaha 15hp outboard motor. Manta hardtop with integral welded aluminum radar arch. Dinghy davits with integral swing down seat with cushion. 5-Piece Windshield with polycarbonate forward corners. Adjustable Captain’s chair with foot rest. Bulkhead mounted Whitlock steering. Sail control lines operable from Helm. Viewing hatch above Helm seat. Full cockpit enclosure with Marine Blue (dark blue) Sunbrella. Cockpit seating with close cell cushions white with blue piping. Cockpit sling seat - restitched May 2013. Additional 12v DC, 110v AC Cockpit outlets. Magma BBQ grill in Cockpit - NEW internal parts May 2013. BBQ cover - NEW May 2013. (3) Large fiberglass foredeck storage lockers. Remote control spotlight on bow. Remote control aft-facing spotlight. Maxwell 1500 dual horizontal electric windlass. (2) Delta Fastset anchors, chain and rode - NEW 275' chain, May 2013. Dual anchor rollers. Switchable salt water and fresh water washdowns. Peek-a-boo port light covers throughout. (9) Bomar opening ports with screens. (6) Bomar deck hatches with Skyshade screen/shades. Bomar watertight companionway door. Retractable screen companionway door. "Power Cat" external window louvers. Stainless steel bow rails with seats. Side stanchions, double lifelines, port and starboard boarding gates. Custom stern boarding steps. Stainless steel cabin top hand rails. Stainless steel stern boarding rails. Stainless steel folding telescopic swim ladders. Hot/cold shower on stern. Forward and aft hull steps. LED Courtesy lights. LED Navigation lights. LED Masthead tricolor/anchor light. Foredeck/steaming light. Lighted steps on swim platforms. Extensive lines supply including two "hurricane lines". Bluewater underwater lights. (4) NEW fender covers - May 2013. NEW Trinidad bottom paint applied May 2013.
- Sails and Rigging
- All sail handling functions can be accomplished with one electric winch right at the helm by one person due to self-tacking ability and all lines leading through a battery of sheet stoppers. Aluminum clear anodized mast and boom. Main sail and Jib have been completely updated, stitched and repaired - May 2013. North large roach, full batten 10.3oz high modulus Mainsail, (2) sets reef points. Boom Bag Mainsail cover. North self-tacking full batten 8.3oz high modulus Jib with Camber Spar, lazy jacks, sail cover. North asymmetrical cruising Spinnaker with roller furling. Storm Jib. Mainsail low friction mast track slide system. Garhauer rigid boom vang, 20:1 purchase. Harken EST main winch on Cabin top. Harken CST Spinnaker winch. Harken blocks, traveler track/car. Spinlock sheet stoppers, labeled. Dutchman boom brake/preventer. All sail control lines lead to Cockpit. Spinnaker control lines replaced - May 2013. Sampson braided running rigging, color coded. (2) Main halyards. Jib halyard. Spinnaker halyard. (2) Flag halyards. Stainless steel 1 x 19 x 7/16" dia. headstay, cap shrouds. Stainless steel 1 x 19 x 3/8" dia. diamond shrouds. Port, starboard rig tensioners. Spreader boots, anti-chafe gear. Chafe guards - NEW May 2013. Wichard jacklines. (5) Harnesses and tethers.
- Mechanical Equipment and Engine Details
- Twin 30hp Volvo FWC diesel engines. Both engine raw water pumps - NEW May 2013. Volvo sail drives. Volvo 3-blade folding propellers. Port and starboard engine/throttle controls. (2) CruiseAir air conditioning systems with reverse cycle and humidity control and digital touch pad controls (18,000 BTU forward and 12,000 BTU aft). Racor fuel/water separators. Purtec fuel polishing system. Reverso oil change system, engines and generator. Sea water strainers. (2) Engine room blowers. Line cutters. (2) Electric bilge pumps with automatic float switches. (2) Manual bilge pumps. Holding tank monitor. Massive quantity of spare parts including spare pumps for almost every service on the boat and the engines, fittings, zincs, plus large quantity of normal spares such as filters for the engines, water maker and water system.
- Safety Equipment
- ACR EPIRB with hydrostatic release. Jim Bouy life ring, easy access mount. Lifesling 2.
- Personal items and tools.
- Seller's Comments
- "Toucan Dream" was the last Manta Hull completed by Dan and Sarah Evan. We moved to Sarasota to observe the entire fabrication and were at the factory 3 times per week. We made a point to meet every worker that participated in the boat's fabrication and believe that made a difference in her overall quality. She is an excellent example of what a cruising Catamaran should be. Outfitted and commissioned by very knowledgeable sailors, we were quite deliberate in our selection of systems and equipment. "Toucan Dream" has been lightly sailed and properly maintained with a "we fly coach but our boat goes first-class" philosophy.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Contact Central Listing Agent - Barry Lipoff - 941-587-4229