The Kelly Peterson 46' is designed for short handed, long range cruising with comfortable accommodations, both at sea or at anchor. Born on the drawing board of race designer Doug Peterson, as an improved version of the very popular 44' Peterson. Hull number 2 of the 30 performance cruisers built. Powered by rebuilt Pathfinder 82hp diesel, with Entec 4.2Kw generator plus Heart inverter, wind generator & solar panels. Furling sails, complete top line marine electronics, custom hard dodger and more. Cruise veteran extensively outfitted and continually upgraded. Professionally maintained to the highest standards. This vessel is an exceptional find in today's market. MUST SEE TO APPRECIATE !
- Naval Architech: Doug Peterson Interior Designer: Victor Huff Builder: Queen Long exclusively for Jack Kelly
- Hull and deck are hand laid fiberglass with inset sheet tracts, raised stanchion pads, molded-in non skid deck surface, and molded hatch covers. The cabin trunk has 17 opening ports, 4 deck hatches, and companionways fore and aft from the center cockpit. Hull and cabin are insulated, with topside teak cap rails, hand rails and cockpit combing. The underbody has a cutaway forefoot and skeg hung rudder.
- LOD: 46'4" LWL: 40'10" Beam: 13'4" Draft: 6'8" Displacement: 33,000 lbs Ballast: 11,330 lbs lead
- Pathfinder 82hp FWC six cylinder diesel - 1,700 hours since rebuild Cruise speed: 7.2 knots Max speed: 8.2 knots Theoretical hull speed: 8.75 knots Hurth 250 transmission Maxi 3 blade bronze prop
- Fuel: 150 gal in 2 SS tanks Fresh Water: 200 gal in 4 SS tanks Hot Water heater - electric or engine Holding: 2 tanks w/overboard or deck discharge Little Wonder 200 gal per day watermaker
- 110 volt AC and 12 volt DC systems. Hinged electrical panel with circuit breakers. Entec 4.2KW generator (443 hours) Heart 2500 watt inverter Four Winds IIwind generator w/regulator & spare parts 3 alternators (two 106 amp house w/Next Step #1 regulator, one 40 amp) Four L-16 heavy duty marine batteries (700 amp hours) Link 2000 battery charger & monitoring system Four solar panels on aft tower Elect Guard anti-electrolysis Anchor & steaming lights on mast Sealed beam spreader lights DC lighting throughout interior AC outlets throughout interior Courtesy light over nav area & in lockers Electric bilge pumps Electric hot water heater Dockside power cord
- NAVIGATION Garmin 441 GPS (new Aug '12) Raytheon R70/80 radar #1 on aft tower (integrated chart plotter, GPS, radar, wind & depth) Raytheon 2600 radar #2 w/Sea Guard alarm on mast Autohelm 6000 autopilot w/remote (hydraulic) Sharp autopilot (chain drive) Icom M710 RT SSB w/tuner & PCII Icom M127 DSC VHF marine radio w/remote in cockpit Standard Horizon VHF marine radio in cockpit Hailer/fog horn with loud speaker on mast Ritchie 5" magnetic compass GPS EPIRB ENTERTAINMENT Sony stereo w/CD changer & subwolfer (speakers in salon & cockpit) Sharp flat screen TV w/DVD player
- Interior cabinetry is varnished teak with a teak and holly cabin sole. Both cabins have upgraded custom mattresses. Forward stateroom, aft of the chain locker, has a large V berth with storage below. There are shelves P&S and a hanging locker and cabinet to port. Two opening ports and an overhead hatch provide ventilation. Privacy door separates the salon, and there are doors fore and aft of the privacy door leading to guest head to starboard. Head has a stainless sink, hand held shower into a floor drain with teak grate, new electric toilet, opening port, cabinet and mirror. Salon has ten opening ports, and features a U shape hi-lo dinette to starboard and a single settee to port which slides out to become a comfortable berth. There is storage below both settees and lockers outboard P&S. Galley follows to port with a fold up section of counter to access a work shop. This workshop also has engine access inboard, and opens overhead to the cockpit. Opposite to starboard is the navigation area facing outboard w/swivel seat and wet locker. Passageway to the aft stateroom on the starboard side has a slight duckdown, with generator locker outboard and double door engine access inboard. Owner's aft stateroom has a double berth w/seat adjacent and storage below. There are lockers P&S and a double hanging locker to starboard. Ventilation is provided by three opening ports and a large overhead hatch, as well as 12V fans throughout. Aft head is to port and has a stainless sink, hand held shower into a floor drain with teak grate, new electric toilet, an opening port, cabinet and mirror. Companionways from the main salon and aft cabin both have five teak steps leading to the cockpit.
- U shape galley is midship to port with abundant storage and formica counter tops. Lighted glass and liquor locker. Princess 3 burner stainless LPG stove & oven (two tanks) Double stainless sinks w/pressure hot & cold water Manual fresh & salt water by way of foot pumps Cold plate top loading freezer (DC & engine) Front loading refrigerator (DC & engine)
- Fiberglass non skid decks with Airex core and teak overlay in cockpit. Three large Atkin Hoyle hatches. Edson pedestal wheel steering w/36" destroyer wheel. Fold up teak cockpit table w/drink holders. Teak trimmed cockpit pockets. Aluminum and plexiglass sliding main and aft cabin hatches w/molded in sea hoods. Custom hard dodger with full cockpit enclosure. Custom stainless electronics arch with built-in dinghy davit. Heavy stem head fitting w/double bow roller Maxwell Nilsson V1000 electric windlass w/up & down deck switch Bruce anchor on 320' of BBB chain CQR 45 lb anchor on 100' chain & 200' rode Danforth 22lb stern anchor on stanchion mount Anchor washdown on foredeck Hot & cold pressure water shower on aft deck Full length teak cap rail Teak handrails & eyebrow Dunnage box on aft deck for dive compressor & dive gear Stainless double bow & stern pulpits w/fold down swim ladder (on stern) Stanchions w/double life lines & boarding gates P&S Custom stainless kayak racks Magna SS BBQ stanchion mounter Two dorade vents Two aft deck lazarettes Bow, stern & midship mooring cleats 17 opening screened ports
- Sails & Rigging
- Kenyon keel stepped tapered aluminum double spreader mast and boom w/internal halyards. Mast & boom are painted for durability and appearance. Masthead and fixed gooseneck are welded to spar. Downwind pole mast stored. Stainless custom mast pulpits w/canvas covers. Stainless steel standing rigging w/swagged fittings. Running back stays. Isolated back stay for single side band. Sail area 1100 sq. ft. Reconditioned sails. Sobstad mainsail with in mast Hood furling system Sobstad 135% genoa on Profurl furling system Rooster staysail on Profurl furling system Hood cruising spinnaker Blade Lewmar sheet winches - (2) ST 2spd #55 genoa, (2) ST 2spd #40 staysail, (1) ST 2spd #43 main Lewmar halyard winches - (2) ST #40 genoa & staysail, (1) ST #40 wire to line main, (1) #16 outhaul/reef Recessed genoa sail track & staysail track on cabin top Main boom topping lift Traveler
- Cruise veteran with extensive spare parts Achilles inflatable w/ Honda four stroke outboard Chelsea brass ships clock & barometer (salon) Seth Thomas ships clock & baromete (aft cabin) Teak rod rack in salon Full sun shade cover w/battens USCG safety equipment Canvas covers for hatches & toe rail Manuals on most equipment Extensive spares including spare head w/valves for engine Spare motor for refrigeration Dock lines & fenders
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.