- 42 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Number of Engines
- Engine Hours
BEEN WAITING FOR THE "RIGHT" KROGEN 42 TO APPEAR?
HAVE A LOOK AT "BIG RUN"
MAINTAINED TO A STANDARD NOT OFTEN ACCOMPLISHED!
"Big Run" is owned by a FULL TIME cruising couple and has spent the last several years Gunk-Holeing the Bahamas. She is not a "Dock Sitter" in any regard. They have religiously followed a "Maintenance Monday" program and continue to upgrade and maintain "Big Run" to their lofty standards while she awaits her new Owners.
Please take the time to review "Big Run's" full specifications and her list of recent upgrades. You'll find her ready NOW to continue cruising complete with a full complement of cruise-ready equipment.
We look forward to introducing you to "Big Run" at your earliest convenience. You'll find "no disappointments" here!
- Master stateroom forward. Ensuite head features stall shower in fore-peak, head, sink and mirrored vanity immediately aft. Head has two screened, opening portlights. Down and aft one step to master stateroom. Offset queen berth to starboard, built-in mirrored dresser and large, deep hanging locker to port. Nine storage drawers beneath berth. Master features three screened opening portlights and a screened, opening hatch overhead. Aft and down one step, guest stateroom/office to starboard, head with stall shower, sink and mirrored vanity opposite. Opening portlight in head and shower, two opening portlights in stateroom. Guest stateroom features a lower single berth and a Pullman berth. Space ideal for study/office with built-in teak desk, hanging locker and computer desk. A locker aft to port in the main passageway houses a combo washer & dryer . Up four steps to salon. Fully equipped U-shaped galley forward to starboard. Large, sliding, screened windows provide ample light and natural ventilation. Twin leather recliners to starboard, TV, dining table and chairs opposite breakfront forward to port. Double doors in the aft bulkhead open out onto spacious covered teak cockpit , or "back porch". From salon, up three steps to port to roomy, raised pilothouse featuring a fully equipped helm station on the centerline. Top and bottom opening Dutch doors port and starboard provide convenient, direct access to foredeck and wide, covered sidedecks. Elevated settee/watch berth aft slides open to double berth, two screened opening portlights in aft bulkhead. From cockpit, up six-step vertical ladder to starboard, through hatch, to flybridge. Flybridge features bimini top, raised helm station forward, flanked by facing bench seats. Propane tanks stowed in outboard propane locker directly above galley. Dinghy stored on chocks aft to port. Folding mast and boom. Extremely generous drawer and locker storage, and beautiful teak and holly sole throughout the vessel. She is outfitted to be a capable full-time cruising vessel. Krogen quality is evident throughout!
- (1) Norcold DEF788S Freezer - Dual Electric (12 VDC or 110 VAC), (new 2012) (1) Norcold DER788S Refrigerator - Dual electric (12 VDC or 110 VAC), (NEW 2012) Force 10 Gourmet Galley range - 3 burner propne stove w/ oven Trident propane gas control panel (3) 10# Marine grade aluminum propane storage tanks Dual 2 bottle LPG cylinder locker located on starboard upper deck Kenmore microwave Frigidaire stacked laundry center Double S/S sinks 12 Gallon water heater Culligan water filtration Custom divider with microwave shelf Corian countertop with Corian slide-out countertop extension Custom lead glass porthole 12 VDC lighting Custom spice rack (New 2010) 12 VDC circulation fan (New 2012)
- Master Stateroom
- Starboardside queen berth Samsung Series 3 LCD w/ remote control Hanging locker (port) with built in shelf unit in rear and lower shelf unit for shoes Dresser w/ upper and lower storage (9) Drawer storage unit under bed Large long term storage area under berth/mattress Built-in nightstand with small storage area 12 VDC and 110 VAC lighting (1) 12 VDC circulation fan Overhead opening ventilation/egress hatch Removable black out curtains
- Guest Stateroom
- (2) Single bunks, (1) convertible sofa, (1) Pullman berth (1) Hanging locker, large under settee storage, multiple shelf units 12 VDC and 110 VAC lighting Removable Black out curtains Teak /holly wood flooring (1) 12 VDC circulation fan (new 2010) Guest suite also serves as office with desk & chair
- Master Head
- Electric Raritan Crown head II w/ macerator pump Stall shower with hand held shower head Formica countertop with stainless steel bowl Medicine cabinet with mirror Under-counter cabinet storage Large top loading storage unit behind head 12 VDC and 110VDC lighting (1) VDC circulation fan (New 2011)
- Guest Head
- Electric Raritan Crown head II w/ macerator pump Stall shower with hand held shower head Formica countertop with stainless steel bowl Medicine cabinet with mirror Under-counter cabinet storage Wall shelves 12 VDC and 110VDC lighting (1) VDC circulation fan (New 2011)
- Electronics & Navigation
- ICOM ICM125 VHF unit ICOM IC-M604 DSC VHF unit w/ two remote mic units - 1 on flybridge & 1 in cockpit (new 2010) Standard Horizon GX2150 DSC VHF w/ AIS and remote mic unit - remote unit on fybridge, AIS interfaced with flybridge chartplotter (New 2011) (2) ICOM IC-M34 portable radios w/ charging bases Raytheon depthfinder - upper & lower station displays (2) Danforth compasses - 1 flybridge helm, 1pilothouse helm Furuno model 1700 radar (Pilothouse) Dell navigation computer (Windows XP) w/ GPS antenna and (1) Gateway model HD1900 19" LCD monitor (pilothouse) charts on CD's include US coastal, US inland waterways, Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico & US territories, & Bahamas Standard Horizon CP500 chartplotter with AIS (new 2010) (Flybridge) - includes US East Coast & Bahamas vector charts (C-Map) Maptech US East Coast (Florida Keys to Canada) paper chart & 3 Explorer chartbooks for Bahamas Raytheon ST 100/300 autopilot w/ ST 6000 control unit Furuno GPS Navigator Model GP-30/35 (Pilothouse)
- (3) Rolls Surrette 4 VDC House batteries - 1,320 amp hour rating total ( New 2010) (2) NEW 6/2013 Engine start batteries w/ isolation switch (A,B, AB, Off) (1) Generator start battery Westerbeke 7.7 KW generator / 10,498 hrs McCullough battery charger ProMariner battery charger (2) - 30 amp power cords (50'+/-) and (1) Y adapter 50 amp to 30 amp/30 amp 2000 watt inverter Raritan glass lined steel 6 gallon hot water heater 120 VAC w/ built-in engine heat exchanger Rutland 913 wind generator w/ mast (New 2010) Engine room 110 VAC lighting, 6 CFL (New 2011) Webasto heater - 40,000 BTUs (2) Marine Air Systems, reverse cycle AC/Heat - 16K BTUs each XM Satellite antenna (New 2010) (6) Auxillary speakers - 2 in salon, 2 in pilothouse, 2 on flybridge (not connected to any source) Spectra Watermaker Model Ventura 150 deluxe 12 VDC 6-8 gph rating (New 2011)
- (1) Gulcoast fuel filter; (1) Racor 500 fuel filter and (1) fuel pump w/ electric timer (fuel pump for polishing, transfer & engine/generator operations) Reversing oil pump for engine and generator oil changes (2) Bilge pumps - (1) forward bilge, (1) engine room bilge (1) Engine room blower Hydraulic steering Vetus Bowthruster Type TF12 - flybridge & pilothouse controls
- Deck & Hull
- Bow pulpit w/ stainless steel rails Ideal windlass model CHWSO w/ (1) Gypsy & (1) Wildcat Bruce 30kg anchor with 175' 3/8" all chain rode (main) Delta 35# fast set anchor w/ 10' chain and 300' 3/4" three strand nylon rode (backup) Spares - (1) large Danforth & (2) medium Fortress anchors, (1) long anchor rode - length 250'+ Anchor washdown - saltwater (New 2009) Fiberglass decks with teak decking overlay Collapsible mast with boom & manual dinghy lift 2009 AB Dinghy model Ventus 9 VL - includes dinghy cover & supports, dinghy swim ladder and anchor w/ combo 40' rode 2009 Mercury 8 hp 4 stroke OB w/ 3 gallon fuel tank & 3 spare fuel cans Weaver dinghy davits - topdeck Foredeck seat w/ storage (4) De-Fender fenders w/ fender storage cleats mounted on bow handrail Numerous docklines Jabsco 6" remote controlled searchlight, 12 VDC, pilothouse control unit Spreader lights - (2) 12 VDC Cockpit fresh water spigot Cockpit electrical (110VAC & 12VDC) and radio pedestal "phone booth" Magma kettle gas grill - cockpit Walk-thru transom gate Swim platform - teak Starboard side boarding gate
- (2) Free-standing helm chairs Rear elevated settee/watch double berth Delphi Boom Box with XM radio receiver SSB receiver Anchor light photoelectric control unit w/ manual override (2012) 110 VAC lighting 12 VDC lighting (2) 12 VDC circulation fans Multiple storage units (drawer and cabinet) Retractable screen doors (New 2010) (2) Overhead venting hatches Dutch doors - to port & starboard (3) Windshield wiper switches (3 position switches - momentary on-off-on) (2010)
- Helm chair with raised helm station Port & starboard storage benches w/ seat cushions Bimini top frame and cover
- Safety Equipment
- ACR Global Fix Pro 406 GPS EPIRB Model RLB-37 (New 2010) (4) Dry chemical fire extinguishers (2) Type IV Ring buoys (New 2010) (2) Mustang Survival inflatable life vests (New 2010) (2) Type 2 Near Shore buoyant vests (auto inflate) Carbon monoxide detector Smoke detector Steamlight rechargeable lantern (New 2010) Note - The two recently installed VHF radios (ICOM & Standard Horizon) have DSC distress calling capabilities
- Other Items Include
- (2) Wilderness Systems Kayaks - (1) Pungo 120 & (1) Pungo 140 w/ (4) paddles & (2) Life vests Large Inventory of spare boat parts Large Craftsman tool chest Craftsman and other brand tools
- Brokers Comments/ Additional Information
- Seldom if ever, will you find a Krogen 42 that has been as conscientiously maintained as has "Big Run". Her Owners pride themselves on their diligent maintenance schedule known as "Maintenance Monday", to them (That's EVERY Monday) and their efforts are evident wherever you look throughout the boat. Sellers are FULL TIME Cruisers and will welcome the New Owners into their home while providing them with a detailed orientation into the very real "life" of "Big Run". Solidly constructed, spacious and eminently livable, the Krogen 42 Classic is the trawler of choice for knowledgeable cruisers. Please allow us the opportunity to introduce you to "Big Run" today. You'll be glad you did!
- General Comments
- Bottom was last painted 9/2012 Interior storage on a Krogen 42' has to be witnessed to be believed! Decorator salon window blinds 6/2013 "Big Run" has been commissioned to spend months on end on the "hook" at some of the most beautiful hideaway anchorages in the Bahamas.
- Upgrades In last 3 years (including but not limited to)
- (1) ICOM IC-M604 DSC VHF Radio w/ (2) remote units (1) Rutland 914 Wind Generator (1) ACR EPIRB (2) Life Ring Buoys (1) Standard Horizon chartplotter Flybridge bimini (1) Delta anchor and rode Master Stateroom TV Blu-Ray Disc/DVD Player Aluminum Mast Boom 165 Amp Balmar Alternator (enfine driven-dedicated to charging house batteries) (3) 4VDC Rolls Surrett House Batteries (1320 amp hour rating) XM radio antenna Doorscreens (pilothouse and salon doors) Sony Home Theater surround sound system Master & Guest stateroom circulation fans Hi Gain Wifi antenna & router Cockpit electric & radio pedestal Custom spice rack (1) LED anchor light Spectra watermaker Water usage counter SSB receiver Master & Guest head circulation fans Engine room 110 VAC lighting Standard Horizon DSC VHF radio with AIS 12 VDC Nav Station Light (starboard) (2) 110 VAC Salon LED strip lighting Norcold refrigerator & freezer Galley/Salon Circulation fan
- Items Not Part of Sale
- Artwork, Cookware, Ship's American Flag, Dock cart, (2) Folding crates & Owner's personal items
- Owners personal items not listed here are not a part of this sale. The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of this vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyers desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Available for co-brokerage on a 50/50 basis. Listed by a CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL YACHT BROKER Click for more info