The Melges group and the Reichel/Pugh team's 30-foot version of the 24, is in a class of its own.
Robert Perry says: "I can think of no other boat that is designed with this particular balance of parameters. In a nutshell, this design appears aimed at providing the fastest monohull ride around without the fear of capsizing"
This boat has been completely redone, is in excellent condition and has an excellent sail inventory, and trailer. Possible Hydro Hoist available with purchase.
If you are looking for a racing machine DO NOT miss this!
- Manufacturer Provided Description
- An all out racing machine, the Melges 30 is the ultimate blend of high performance with the same ease of sailing and trailering displayed by it's little brother, the Melges 24. The Melges 30 will also fit well for PHRF racing and light offshore use. A double spreader carbon rig with both runners and permanent backstay will allow even the pickiest sailmaker the most versatile spar ever. An articulating carbon bowsprit will eliminate any doubt regarding sailing as low with asymmetricals as symmetrical spinnakers. Her cassette style removable rudder and tiller, again carbon, lie slightly inboard from the transom for the most sensitive, best controlled helm possible. With the retractable carbon keel fin and America's Cup-style kelp cutter, there is nothing going to stand in the way of a victory.
- Sailing Dimensions
- Working Sail Area : 673.00 sq ft J: 10.60 P: 38.00 I: : 36.80 E: 15.50 LP: 15.50 So Cal Rating: Bouy 39, RLC 27, OWC 18
- Equipment List
- Melges 30 Specifications - Standard Equipment Oversized cockpit for racing Articulating carbon fiber bow sprit Continuous rod standing rigging, Steel chainplates Carbon fiber retractable keel fin with low drag bulb. Keel retraction system is with winch. Kelp cutter - Factory installed with custom modifications Carbon removable rudder cassette, Carbon fiber rudder & shaft - Carbon fiber tiller Carbon Mast, painted with white Awlgrip Melges aluminum boom section Engine is a 4 hp Honda 4 stroke OB New headfoil Sails - Ullman Sails - 2 main sails, 2012 155% Genoa, #2 Genoa, #3 and #4, 2 Code Zeros, 1 on a continuous furling unit, 1A Spinnaker, 2 A, 3A and 4 A All covers including storage cover Travel racks Gin Pole Trailer - 4WD with disc brakes TackTIck wireless high performance electronics package w/Carbon mast head wand.
- Additional Information
- This race boat has been maintained to the highest standards on a regular basis. Deck - New Awlgrip paint and non skid, all hardware removed and reinstalled with G10 backing,and tubing where appropriate. Hull - Repainted with Awlgrip and currently in excellent condition Bottom - High gloss epoxy primer Interior - Newly repainted with epoxy and non skidded where necessary.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Call for more information or an immediate appointment - Denise George, 310-490-9432 or Denise@DenisonYachtSales.com