- 33 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
JUST REDUCED BY $20,000! ORIGINAL OWNER!!! MAKE AN OFFER NOW
The MOST looked at boat on Yacht World via United Yacht Sales. Why are you waiting to buy? She is as nice as the photos show. Call now for personal information.
Every now and then I get to list an absolutely beautiful blue water cruiser and DRAGONQUEST is certainly one of those boats. Owned by the original owners as a fresh water boat, DRAGONQUEST spent 17 years in the Great Lakes and the last 3 years on the hard in North Carolina. She is as beautiful today as she was in 1988. Constant care and upkeep makes DRAGONQUEST a must see.
- Entering from the cockpit, down the wide companionway and 4 steps you enter the main cabin. From the moment you step onto DRAGONQUEST you will begin to smile. The interior is beautiful with gorgeous teak woodwork, louvered teak doors on all cabinets, solid teak cabin doors, matching deep rose colored fabrics, teak and holly flooring, gleaming white overhead, and a wonderful layout making you feel like you are in a solid sea keeping sailboat. The companionway steps open to reveal large storage areas and the entire step system will move to reveal the engine compartment. There is access to the port side of the engine through a companionway step port side opening. The engine compartment has been kept clean and it shows like a 2012 sailboat. As you enter and immediately to port is the “U” shaped galley area. The galley is compact yet completely functional and will certainly please even the most discriminating onboard chef. The galley forward has a marble countertop and a deep double stainless steel sink. All countertops have nicely appointed teak fiddles. The mixing faucet and sink hardware are brass. Forward of the sink is a storage area with a high teak fiddle. Under the sink is storage with shelving and along the inboard side of the sink cabinet is an opening trash receptacle and further forward is two more storage cabinets with shelving. On the outboard port side is a large in-counter storage area with a teak cover and a storage cabinet. In the middle of the counter top “U” shape is the gimbaled propane oven with a two burner stove top. Above the stove and slightly forward are controls for the propane system and Isotherm refrigeration. Behind the stove is a storage shelf with teak fiddles. From the stove aft the countertops are black Formica with nicely appointed teak fiddles. Aft of the stove and along the port side is the top opening to the refrigeration compartment. The refrigerator also features a front loading door with bronze hardware located directly under the in counter opening. Above and outboard of the refrigerator is a teak storage rack. Aft in the galley is a storage compartment with sliding teak doors, a large open storage area, which also has battery and other electrical controls mounted on the bulkhead, and under the cabinet there are three drawers and storage opening with matching door. The galley features two opening ports; one aft is round and one along the port side above the stove top. Above the galley there is also a dorade opening that is fit with solar ventilation. Immediately to starboard is the aft cabin. The cabin berth is located along the outboard side of the cabin and offers considerable storage under the berth. Aft is an outboard storage shelf. Along the inboard bulkhead and well protected is the Pro-Sine inverter and above on a swivel mount is the radar display. The radar swivels neatly into the cabin while stored and can be moved to reveal the radar direct to the helm-all while being protected inside the companionway. Forward and to starboard is a hanging locker. The aft cabin features a round opening port aft and an opening port just aft of the hanging locker. On the face of the bulkhead under the aft berth is a small wood box which contains the controls for the auxiliary fuel pump. In the compartment under the aft berth is the electric auxiliary fuel pump and parallel RACOR fuel filters. The entry door into the aft cabin is a bi-fold solid teak door. Further forward and along the starboard side is a straight settee with beautiful deep rose colored fabrics. Under the seating are large storage areas while behind the upper cushions is additional storage. Outboard are two large storage areas with high fiddles and a removable upper support. These areas make wonderful bookshelves. The forward storage area has been converted to support a laptop computer and additional computer hardware. Over the settee is an opening port. Above the settee on the ceiling is a custom built teak rack for rolled chart storage. Across from the settee and along the port side is the curved dinette area with matching deep rose fabrics. Under the dinette seats are storage areas and behind the upper cushions are additional storage compartments. The dinette table is fixed and features black Formica with teak fiddles. The curved dinette settee faces aft and to starboard. Outboard and along the bulkhead is a curved storage shelf with high fiddle and built-in hand rail. Above the shelf is another shelf with removable support for a book shelf. There are two Bose stereo speakers, one fore and one aft and an opening port. Along the port side above the shelving is an opening port. Above the dinette is a beautiful opening butterfly hatch with screens. Further forward along the starboard side is the navigation station. The table is black Formica with fiddles and opens for chart and other storage. Along the forward bulkhead is the main electrical panel. The outboard bulkhead features built-in electronics and a storage area with fiddle. The navigation station support has cabinet storage with the door facing inboard. Above the navigation station is an opening port. Across from the navigation station is a built-in holder for binoculars. Further forward and along the port side is the master Pullman berth with the berth located against the bulkhead. The berth is queen sized and the mattress is matching deep rose fabric. Under the mattress is storage. Outboard there are two opening ports. Forward and above the berth is a large storage shelf with fiddle. Under the berth is a storage cabinet aft, four drawers in the middle and another storage cabinet forward. The Pullman offers a sliding curtain for privacy. Across from the berth is a large hanging locker with two doors, a large storage shelf with fiddle above and an opening port. Access to the back of the navigation station electrical panel is inside this hanging locker. All the way forward and through a solid teak door is the head area. To starboard is a vanity and sink with marble countertop with fiddle and brass fixtures. Under the sink is a storage cabinet. Above the sink is a mirror. Outboard is storage with two sliding teak doors. Over the sink is a ventilating dorade. Across from the vanity is the separate shower stall with shower curtain. The shower is large and features a teak grate floor, ceramic tiles one-third of the way from the teak grated floor to the teak outboard seat. Above the seat is white fiberglass. There are forward and aft teak towel racks as well and a ventilating dorade. Above the head is an opening hatch with screen. Located in the forward head is the manual toilet. The toilet can be hidden by using a fold down seat. All the way forward and through a teak door is the divided anchor locker. This is one of the most beautiful sailboats I have ever listed and the use of teak, louvered doors, and matching fabrics gives you the feel of the old world charm of yesteryear.
- Located on the port side the galley features large storage areas and a top loading refrigerator. Double stainless steel deep sinks with cutting board covers Brass mixing faucet and hardware Refrigerator pump out pedal if ice is used in the refrigerator compartment. Marble sink countertops and black Formica counter tops remainder of the galley area Force 10 gimbaled propane oven with two burner stove top Xintrex S-2 propane monitor and control Isotherm SP/ASU refrigeration with separate controller Top loading refrigerator with compartmentalized sections and removable wire baskets Outboard spice rack and storage areas Built in trash receptacle In counter storage with plastic bins Ample storage cabinets and drawers
- Fiberglass decks with teak overlay Fiberglass cabin tops with teak overlay Stainless steel custom radar arch with integral retractable dinghy davits Stainless steel outboard motor lift and mount Aft platform with teak grate and boarding ladder to access dinghy below davits Stanchion mounted aft Life-Sling with lifting tackle Large cockpit lazarettes and propane locker Teak storage chest with teak grating bottom mounted on foredeck; w/burgundy Sunbrella cover Large butterfly hatch with screens over the salon; w/burgundy Sunbrella cover Large hatch with screens over the forward head; w/burgundy Sunbrella cover (10) opening bronze portholes with screens (5) stainless steel dorade vents plus one solar vent Teak cockpit coaming and trim Teak cabin top handrails w/burgundy Sunbrella covers and teak trim Self-bailing cockpit Large bow sprit Lofrans Tigres electric anchor windlass with foot control Primary and secondary Bruce anchors; 15 Kg with 240 feet 5/16 inch HT chain and 10 Kg with 50 feet 5/16 inch HT chain and 300 feet ¾ inch 3-strand nylon 12HT Danforth anchor with 6 feet stainless steel chain and 150 feet ½ in double braid nylon on stern rail Jabsco raw water wash down at bow Fresh water wash down connection in cockpit deck well Stainless steel stanchions with 5/16 inch wire life lines Port and starboard boarding gates Folding stainless steel boarding ladder mounts at port gate Burgundy Sunbrella companionway dodger with glass, Sunbrella, and screen inserts for different weather conditions Burgundy Sunbrella bimini and port and starboard cockpit enclosure panels with see-through glass inserts Burgundy Sunbrella aft awning that attaches to bimini Bronze deck hardware New bottom paint 2013
- Sails and Rigging
- Kenyon aluminum mast and boom painted beige Doyle cradle cover in Burgundy Sunbrella with Strong Track sail slide system Teak and bronze boom gallow on cabin top with leather protection Whisker pole mounted on mast Dacron doublebraid running rigging with Lewmar and Harken deck hardware Pro-Furl furling for Yankee and staysail Bronze winches: (3) Barient 21 winches mounted on mast (2) Barient 22 winches on port and starboard cabin top (2) Barient 28 primary winches in cockpit Oversized stainless steel standing rigging all in excellent condition
- Helm: Ritchie Globemaster compass on binnacle Signet Multifunction display from Smartpak; speed, depth and water temperature Platismo Compass Garmin GPS Map 126 Navigation Station: Signet Multifunction display from Smartpak SL250; speed, depth and water temperature Garmin GPS Map 128 Tank Tender system with (3) tank monitor ICOM IC-M502 VHF radio with DSC, position from Garmin GPS Map 128 ICOM IC-M710 SSB radio ICOM IC-M34 Handheld VHF radio with charger Trimble TNC7001 Galaxy INMARSAT-C/GPS satellite communication with distress function B&G Hydraulic Autopilot with remote controller located at companionway Raytheon RL70 radar display on swivel mount (located in aft cabin for storage) Raytheon 48 miles radar dome mounted on radar arch ACR EPIRB
- 12 Volt DC and 120 Volt AC power 30 Amp shore power cords, 50 foot and 25 foot with 20 Amp and 50 Amp adapters Isolation Transformer, Pro-Mariner Prosafe 3.8 KVA, 120 x 240 Volt, 50/60 Hz West Marine SeaVolt Dual-Purpose AGM Battery, quantity (1); Group 27, 92 Ah (starting) West Marine SeaVolt Gel Battery, quantity (2); 8-D, Gel cell 225 Ah (house) Alternators (2) Stock engine alternator charges the engine battery and 160 Amp high output alternator charges the House batteries. Power distribution panel at Navigation Station and subpanel for local equipment in galley AC volt and Amp meter at panel DC volt and Amp meter at panel Master-Volt Powercharger 12 volt, 20 Amp, 3 stage battery charger 1800 Watt, 60 Hz, 120 volt Stat-Power Pro-Sine wave inverter APC Electrical Monitoring system with Amp Hour meter Pro-Mariner Deluxe Corrosion monitor and Controller (zinc protection voltage control) Fireboy-Xintrex CO2 detectors Jensen MDC-9645W AM/FM/Cassette and CD player Spectra modular Water Maker, Ventura 150 MPC, with MPC-5000 control at navigation station 12 volt HELA ventilation fans throughout interior Alpenglo dual level fluorescent ceiling light fixtures with dual level red LED night lighting throughout interior
- Engine access is under the companionway steps with easy access thru an opening on the port side of the companionway. Yanmar 4JH3-TE 40 Hp diesel engine with fresh water cooling and 1736 current hours Kanzaki transmission with 3:1 ratio Stainless steel shaft with PSS mechanical shaft seal Engine panel in companionway for easy access Separate engine and transmission controls at helm binnicle Brass and bronze helm binnacle with burgundy Sunbrella cover Teak and stainless steel steering wheel with burgundy Sunbrella cover (3) blade fixed bronze propeller Electric auxiliary fuel pump with parallel Racor filter/water separator units with valves to permit onboard fuel polishing Racor fuel tank vent line overflow preventer
- 1993 Caribe RIB 10 foot dinghy, and 2004 Honda 9.9 outboard w/electric start and less than 100 hours.
- Broker's Remarks
- A wonderful cruising sailboat that is owned by the original owners and ready for the next. Every manual and repair receipt is available. Don’t miss this beautiful bluewater sailboat.
- Contact CA John Peterson, Certified Professional Yacht Broker (CPYB) direct at 800-797-5759 or 910-546-5760. Concierge service!