- 42 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
JUST B' CAUSE is an exceptionally well equipped 2 stateroom Catalina 42 set up for cruising. She can easily be single handed with the advantages of a roller furling main sail and roller furling genoa. All control lines are led aft to the cockpit for safety. She has self-tailing winches and stoppers, autopilot, GPS radar/chart plotter, Raymarine sailing instruments, electric windlass and so much more! There are luxurious accommodations for up to 7. Two head compartments with showers. A large main salon with U-shaped dinette and settee to port and a sit down navigator's station to starboard.16,000 BTU heating and air conditioning system. Large enclosed cockpit with cockpit table, cockpit cushions and great access to the built-in transom swim platform. All of the necessary safety equipment and ground tackle for long distance cruising.
If you are ready to go cruising this is a turnkey vessel ready to cruise.
- The Catalina 42 has a well conceived and executed interior for living aboard and/or cruising. She has two separate staterooms, each with adjoining private head and showers for her Owners and Guests. There are numerous opening hatches and port lights to afford more than adequate ventilation and light. The lighter all teak interior woods lend to a bright and airy feeling below. The space on the 42 Catalina is unrivaled among 42 footers. The forward owner’s cabin has a very large double Pullman style berth to port , a cedar lined hanging locker and several drawers to starboard. There are two extra large drawers beneath the berth. The forward head has great ventilation with a large overhead hatch. The shower compartment is forward with a sealing lexan door. The main salon is the entertainment center on this fine yacht with a beautifully varnished teak dining table surrounded with gently curved deep seated settee. Teak shelves and cabinets are outboard the settee. On the starboard side is the Navigation station with its instruments, CD/stereo and flat screen TV. A swing-out navigator's seat completes the navigation station area. Just aft of the nav station is a double settee with the electrical panel just outboard. Two teak cabinets are above the nav station and electrical panel. Opposite to port is a large C-shaped dinette with seating for 6. Storage below and outboard of the seating. Next aft is the L-shaped alley with abundant storage throughout. Opposite to starboard is the second head compartment, with access from the salon as well as the aft cabin. The aft cabin has a large double quarter berth arrangement, with drawers and hanging locker.
- A well designed and equipped L-shaped galley with a 3 burner Princess propane stove, affording safe meal preparation underway, at anchor or dockside. Dual polished stainless sinks are located near the centerline ensuring that they do not fill with seawater on any tack. The countertops are molded Granitcoat that wrap around from the sinks outboard past the stove to the refrigerator. The refrigerator has top and front opening doors, plus the owner routed cold air from the refrigerator to the ice box (spillover refrigeration) that eliminates the need for ice in “the ice box” There is a new Emerson microwave, and aft of the galley is 3 sliding storage bins that serve as a large pantry. There is a custom drawer under the microwave that holds enough cooking utensils to please even the best gourmet cook.
- Raytheon RL70C color Radar/Chartplotter with New England to Florida and Bahamas Chips Stern Mount Backstay support for Radar and 2 nd GPS and Vhf Antennas and Wi-Fi Antenna Power connections for Laptop computer, Wi-Fi and printer ST6000 Auto Pilot with wire Remote (2004) Raymarine ST60 Wind (2006) Raytheon ST80 Multi - 2 station Horizon Intrepid VHF with RAM Raymarine VHF Xantrex 2000 Battery Monitor/Charger/Inverter Back up ProWatt Battery Charger (2010) 100 amp Balmar Alternator with Xantrex regulator (W/Backup regulator) 3- AGM 4D Batteries (2 New July 1013) Group 31 AGM Starter Battery Sony Stereo AM/FM System with extra speakers & Cockpit Speakers 10 CD Changer (new 2010) Toshiba 19" Flat Screen TV (New 2011) 3-85 watt Kyocera Solar Panels with regulator (New 2008) Complete grounding system International running lights Masthead, foredeck and steaming lights 12V lighting throughout (Some upgraded to LED) (4) 12 Outlets Wired for cable TV w/cable in cockpit Mast mount TV Antenna w amplifier (Switchable to wired cabe) Custom 115V AC/12V DC electrical panel Separate circuit breakers for AC & DC electrical circuits Ground Fault Circuit Protection A.C. Duplex receptacles throughout 16000 BTU 3 Zone Air Conditioning and Heat
- Sails & Rigging
- Schaeffer Genoa Roller Furling System 140% Furling Genoa, w/UV protection In-mast furling Main Sail Double Spreader masthead rig Forespar rigid boom vang 2 Lewmar #54 ST Primary winches 2 cabin top Lewmar #40 ST winches 8 Rope clutches All Control lines lead to cockpit for safety
- 45 lb Plow W/60' Chain and 125' of 5/8 inch Rode Fortress Anchor W/25' chain and 200' 5/8" Rode Maxwell Electric Windlass Salt Water Anchor Wash down Covers for all dodger/bimini windows and hatches Side curtains and screens for complete cockpit enclosure Plexiglas Cafe Doors and Teak (3) boards for hatchway entrance Hatchway screen Life Sling Horseshoe Buoy Swim Ladder Kato dinghy davits and OB motor bracket Custom Folding helm seat Cockpit cushions 3 pc boat cover (to the lifelines) Outboard Engine Mount (New 2012 starboard material) Stern Hot & Cold Shower
- Manufacturer Provided Description
- The Catalina 42 has earned an international reputation as the leader in her class. By leading in design, cruising performance, and comfort, the Catalina 42 has become the first choice of sailors worldwide. The hull of the 42 MkII is high volume, and easily driven, with a fine entry, firm midship section, and smooth run aft terminating in a modified reverse transom with an uncommonly spacious and functional boarding platform. A long, horizontal skeg runs aft between the fin or wing keel and the rudder for sure tracking. The rudder is large and balanced, ensuring control in all conditions. The Catalina 42 MkII deck was designed with shorthanded sailing in mind. All the halyards, the mainsheet and the single line main reefing controls are led to the cockpit, and placed to be operated from under the dodger when necessary. The wide weather decks and inboard shroud base make passage forward easy and secure. The bow roller and below deck electric windlass greatly simplify anchor handling. Both the two and three cabin arrangements feature varnished teak joinery and ash side paneling on the hull. Excellent light and ventilation are provided naturally from aluminum-framed opening hatches and ports. Numerous recessed halogen lights offer an inviting ambiance.
- BROKERS COMMENTS
- This has to be one of the cleanest sailboats I have seen in a long time. She may be a 1999 but she shows better than many 2009 boats. This is truly a turn key boat that is ready to go today.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- NOTICE TO BUYERS... NO SALES TAX ON USED BOATS IN NC!! For more information or to schedule a showing, please call the listing Broker. Mike Wood at (252) 571-3505 or email him at Mike@NeptuneYachtSales.com