- 42 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Hours
A CUSTOM BUILT OCEAN VOYAGER
“Tormalind” lives up to her name “Storm Bird”. She is a true ocean voyager by no stretch of the imagination. She was built in South Africa by KAS Fiberglass and designed by Angelo Lavranos. These Lavranos Yachts are high priced yachts as evidenced by current listings on Yacht World.
A vessel of this size and year could easily be listed in the 199k-135k as shown in the Yacht World Listings above. However the owner has priced this boat very low to promote fast sale.
This is a great sailing vessel and proven ocean-crossing ketch. She has a fabulous live-aboard layout. She has an overhauled Yanmar engine with 874 hours. She has two free-standing fiberglass masts with self-tending booms, hard dodger, tiller steering, Aries windvane, Pur watermaker, Rutland wind generator, 5 solar panels, Single Sideband, Raymarine GPS/Radar/Chartplotter. In the water at Brunswick Marina. Very nice package!
- Accommodations and Layout
- You won't believe the fabulous layout of this Custom Cat Ketch. All the comforts of home. Large V-berth forward. Roomy single head with shower/tub. Large dressing area opposite the head with with table and mirror and two closets. Salon area has light wood and white painted walls to brighten up the interior. The custom settees and center-line drop-leaf table offer room for large dinner parties. The galley features an island sink over the engine with a long port-side counter housing top loading refrigerator and freezer compartments. Nav station to starboard. Aft stateroom with double berth. Generous closets and provisioning room throughout. Raised cabin provides good headroom and plenty of windows provide good natural lighting. V-berth Aft double cabin 10 opening hatches 4 opening ports 12 large fixed ports Light teak interior White Painted walls (08) 2 curved settees Large Drop-leaf teak table Stand up Nav Station Updated lighting Jabsco Toilet (08) Large bath tub and shower Vanity dressing area 2 hanging lockers Plenty of drawers
- Great working Galley! Propane gimballed stove/oven/broiler – 2 burner Plenty of counter space Nova Kool Deep refrigerator (11/08) Frigoboat Freezer and cool space (serviced 2009) New Whirlpool water filter New Sink faucet filtration system to eliminate chlorine, and 99.5% of bacteria Double sink – new delta faucet 2012
- Deck & Hull
- Hard dodger provides protection from wind and spay. 4 large plexiglas windows, front clear and sides tinted. Lines run to cockpit Vetus Tiger Electric Windlass Double anchor roller on bow sprit (2) 35 lb bruce anchors 45 lb CQR anchor 120ft of 3/8” chain Dinghy Davits 6' Bombard Dinghy (2008) 4hp Suzuki outboard (2008) Heavy duty Stainless Solar Arch Magma Grill Cockpit cushions Transom mounted swim ladder Freshwater washdown Fenders and docklines life Jackets 2 ring buoys cockpit awning canvas hatch covers Large foredeck awning
- Sails & Rigging
- All lines lead to cockpit for easy handling. This rig is now recognized and proven. 2 big self-tending mainsails make her well balanced, fast and very easy to handle. The real beauty of free standing masts is there are no standing rigging to break or clutter the deck – no chainplates to leak. 2 free-standing masts with self-tending booms Anchor light (2010) Steaming light (2010) Navigation lights (2010) 2 heavy Doyle fully battened mainsails (good condition) Spinnaker and sock (drifter) Aries #3 self steering windvane 4 Anderson self-tailing winches “Walder” regulating gybe controlling device Sailing covers Jiffy reefing Lazy Jacks
- Engine Room & Mechanical Equipment
- Easy accessibility under center island counter under galley sinks Yanmar Diesel – 56 hp overhauled in 2009 – 874 hours Raycor fuel filter (2009) Kuuma 6 gallon water heater (2009) Pur PowerSurvivor 40E Watermaker – 12volt – 1.5 gallons per hour – not in use Macerator (2009) Freshwater pump (2009) Rule Automatic bilge pump (2) Whale gusher 30 manual bilge pumps (one in cockpit, one down below under settee) Whale Gulper 220 Shower sump pump
- Electronics and Navigation Equipment
- Raymarine C80 2kw Radar/Chartplotter/GPS (2009) Raymarine Tridata depth & Speed (2009) (4) 85 Watt SunTech Solar Panels (1) 75 Watt Siemens Solar Panel Rutland 913 Wind Generator Xantrex 1000 watt inverter (2010) Rutland HRDX Wind Generator Charge Controller 20amp MPPT Solar Charge controller (2012- not installed) 30 amp PWM Solar Charge Controller (2012 – not installed) VHF Radio Icom IC-M58 SSB with ICOM AT-130 Tuner Plastimo Compass Suunto Handheld compass Raymarine ST-6000 Autopilot – needs liner drive unit Pioneer Radio/CD player (2009) 4 Interior Pioneer Speakers 2 Exterior Clarion Speakers Philips 22' LED TV on multi-angle swivel mount Seth Thomas Corsair Solid brass Barometer and Clock Balmar High Output 110Amp Alternator W/ external regulator - $855.00 paid in 2009 Balmar Digital Duo Charge Controller $288.00 paid in 2009
- Owners personal items not listed here are not a part of this sale. The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of this vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyers desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Available for co-brokerage on a 50/50 basis. LISTED BY A CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL YACHT BROKER Click for more info