- 38 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- 6LY3-STP diesel
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
AMITY BELLE is a very attractive WhisperJet 38. 2009 installed 440-hp Yanmar diesels make her faster than most of her sisterships. Her interior and bridge deck layout provide for an open, uncluttered feel making her perfect as a commuter, weekend cruiser or family day boat. There is less exterior varnished teak resulting in reduced cosmetic maintenance expense. The fully-functional flybridge tower offers yet another feature for marine observation and/or fishing enjoyment.
Until 2013, AMITY was an original owner boat, captain-maintained and operated. She always received the best and scheduled care, including wintering in heated storage since her first winter.
AMITY BELLE is a true reflection of the unique craftsmanship and product quality of Ted Hood’s Little Harbor Yachts. An extremely attractive asking price makes her a must-see for anyone looking for an express yacht of this size.
- AMITY BELLE is a 1999 Little Harbor WhisperJet 38 built by Ted Hood at his facility in Portsmouth, Rhode Island. AMITY has most of the customary features of her sisterships, but she has in addition a unique option…a fully-functional mini-flybridge assembled by Little Harbor during the boat’s production, not an after-market addition. The flybridge console has joy stick controls as well as full-feature accessibility to all electronics through Bluetooth connectivity to the Raymarine E127 HybridTouch plotter and HD24 color radar, each new in 2013. Joy stick controls at both the helm deck and the flybridge are from Control Engineering and were newly installed in 2013. Mechanically, AMITY’s original Yanmar 420-hp diesels were replaced in 2008/2009 with new Yanmar 6LY3-STP 440-hp diesels. Additionally, the Hamilton 291 Waterjets were totally rebuilt as new in 2013. Also, the two Group 24 engine start batteries and the four Group 29 house batteries are new in 2013.
- HULL and DECK
- Amity Belle has a Hard Top with Half-Tower and Upper Steering Station Deep Red Awlgrip Tan non-skid Gelcoat deck Double Awlgrip white boot stripes Red bottom. Awlgrip gold molded cove stripe Construction Foam-cored hull Vinylester osmosis barrier Knotted bi-directional E-glass with Kevlar hybrid throughout hull Molded steering console and instrument box; hinged for easy access Lightweight composite stringers Main bulkheads FRP laminated with marine grade plywood Powder-coated aluminum frame triple window windshield Molded rub rail with stainless guard Fiberglass bowsprit Swim Platform - Fiberglass nonskid swim platform - with retractable stainless ladder, stainless steel handgrip (4) Lewmar anodized aluminum opening ports with screens (3) Windshield washers and wipers (2) Lewmar anodized aluminum opening deck hatches, salon and forepeak with screens Deck Features: Two deck lights mounted on flybridge Guest Spotlight with remote Lewmar anchor windlass for rode Bruce 33 lb anchor with chain and nylon rode (2) 12” stainless bow cleats with open/twist chocks 12” spring and stern cleats - set at rail edge with stainless flat bar strikers Customized swim ladder (2) Stern hawse pipes, 2 bow chocks (6) Stainless steel mooring cleats, at bow, amidships and stern Hot/cold washdown in aft cockpit Davit bases mounted on transom
- BRIDGE DECK
- Located 2 steps up and forward of the cockpit is the Bridge deck. Totally enclosed and climate controlled, or open to the elements, it is always comfortable. (2) Pompanette helm seats The Helm Station is located forward and to starboard. Teleflex throttle/shift controls and Yanmar 5601i digital multi function guage/alarm panels for both engines (at both stations). Control Engineering Joy Stick control and a Pompanette helm seat. Steering wheel with teak overlay Forward to port is a Navigator station with Pompanette seat and compass. Aft to port is a roomy L-settee that seats four comfortably. Aft to starboard is a bench with varnished teak trim and counter with front-opening storage locker and portable Norcold refrigerator with top-opening door of varnished teak with piston to hold it in upright position.
- ELECTRONICS & NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT
- Standard Horizon VHF with Ram mic Raymarine ED424HD 4KW Radar (2013) Raymarine E-127 Hybridtouch Plotter (2013) Raytheon ST6000+ Autopilot with rudder angle indicator. Raytheon ST60 Tridata depth and speed monitors KVH Azimuth 1000 Electronic Compass (3) Additional compasses Bennett Trim Tabs and Indicators Fireboy halon automatic fire extinguisher in engine room Highwater Alarm Lewmar Windlass Remote Light switches for nav and anchor Manual bilge pump switches x 2 Helm position indicator x 2 Fuel gauges viewable at filler openings Alpine AM/FM cassette Alpine and Bose speakers Alpine CD player with 6 CD changer and remote control
- ACCOMMODATIONS BELOW
- The Cabin interior has solid cherry trim, locker frames, drawer fronts and corner posts with hand rubbed varnish finish; roller-bearing drawer slides with Kroon flush positive latches; and a varnished teak and holly cabin sole with satin finish. Forward V-berth forward covered in claret velour. Partial bulkheads both sides, lockers with doors, shelves over counter, lockers under – all with oiled teak trim – the lockers are cedar lined deep hanging lockers. V-berth has two inserts inset – one above a dropped teak seat –with all cushions and throw cushions in excellent condition – and oiled teak lathed liner, shelves outboard over and forward, drawers under aft, lights, opening ports and opening overhead hatch with screen. Under V-berth are hatches accessing storage below and access to bow-thruster mechanism forward and access to bus heater below aft. Galley The Galley is located to port with Formica bulkheads and Corian countertops. Norcold 110/12-volt refrigerator Kenyon 2-burner electric stove top Panasonic Microwave overn - built-in with shelf Stainless steel sink with hot & cold water Pressurized fresh water system To starboard is large cedar-lined hanging locker with stereo mounted in face. Locker below accesses wiring for electronics and inverter. Immediately aft to starboard is settee with ultra-leather upholstery with two opening ports above. Open lockers and bookshelf with teak lathing are over seats outboard. A shelf above is with teak coaming. Head Aft to port is a Head with ensuite Shower. It is fitted with a Raritan manual marine toilet and holding tank system with Tankwatch monitor. Highlights include a stainless steel sink with a Grohe shower faucet, a cherry framed mirror and Corian counter. The molded floor pan and drain has a removable Kingstarboard grate for ease of maintenance. Fixtures include: chrome towel bar, adjustable height rod for showerhead, soap dish, and tissue holder. An opening port provides light and ventilation.
- In accordance with ABYC standards 12v/110v Control and distribution panel with voltmeter/ammeter Tinned wire throughout Splitloose fire retardant cable conduits Bonded system on all underwater hardware Reverse polarity indicator 12-volt cabin lighting 110-volt outlets at galley and head with GFCI 12-volt outlet at helm Spare wire conduits for the AC and DC electrical systems Start Batteries: 2 Group 24 engine starting batteries (2013) House Batteries: 4 Group 29 house batteries (2013) Freedom charger/inverter with Xantrex Link 1000 interface Engine alternator for battery charging Batteryswitching Batterycables, single insulated 4/0 with fireproof jacket Pre-wired generator harness Dockside electrical cables, 110-volt/30-amp with 50' cord
- Twin Yanmar 440-hp diesel engines (Installed new 2009) Twin Hamilton 291 waterjet drives (Total rebuild 2013) Control Engineering JetStick steering at upper and lower helm stations (Installed 2013) Vetus 12 vdc Bow Thruster - integrated with JetStick controls Isolation engine mounts WhisperJet sound barrier (ultrasonic insulation around engine boxes, muffler wraps and gaskets on all openings) Wet exhaust with discharge through transom Teleflex throttle/clutch controls Hydraulic steering Bronze raw water strainers Racor fuel filters/separators Reverso automatic oil change system Engine room blowers with FRP/plastic vents on deck MarineAir 12,000 BTU air conditioner - outlet below and on helm deck Cabin heater plumbed from starboard engine Automatic Fireboy halon 15# fire control system Holding tank monitor gauge (3) 12v bilge pumps s with automatic switches (2) Fuel tanks, 150-gallon welded aluminum (2) Fire extinguishers, 3-b Vessel equipped with impressed anti-corrosion system 6-gallon stainless steel hot water tank with 110v element and heat exchanger
- ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT
- Brass Ship's clock and barometer (6) Life jackets, USCG approved Dock lines Horn (2) Rod holders in cockpit and (4) rocket rod holders on flybridge (5) 8" fenders with covers West Marine Air 280 9’ 3” inflatable dinghy and Mercury 4HP 4-stroke outboard (never used)
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Hinckley Brokerage Offices: SOUTHWEST HARBOR-ME: Broker: Bob Pooler Cell: 207-460-7589 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ? Broker: Wythe Ingebritson Cell: 207-664-8111 or E-mail: email@example.com Office: 207-244-5531 PORTSMOUTH, RI: Broker: Ted Gersen (CPYB) Cell: 401-338-2717 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ? Broker: Joe Dwyer Cell: 401-578-2919 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 401-683-7005 ANNAPOLIS, MD: Broker: Peter Howard (CPYB) Cell: 443-852-0193 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org om Office: 410-263-0095 STUART- FL: Broker: Tripper Vincent Cell: 561-262-3900 or E-mail: email@example.com Office: 772-403-5387 NAPLES-FL: Broker: Jack Erbes Cell: 401-418-2188 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 239-261-2879 HARBOR SPRINGS-MI: Broker: Marty Letts Cell: 231-330-3680 or E-mail: email@example.com Office: 231-526-4378