- 62 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- 4-71 N
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
The WASHINGTONIAN is without a doubt, the finest most "complete" Classic Yacht that we have ever been aboard or represented for sale. The level of detail and attention is second to none. Washingtonian enjoys the benefit of a US Coast Guard Certification to carry passengers - 29 + 2 in crew which is valid until year 2017. This makes her a legal and viable charter business which may perhaps be of financial benefit to a new owner. A change in her owner's plans has resulted in this rare offering. If you seek the finest one-of-a-kind historic vessel, then The WASHINGTONIAN is your must see yacht.
- Fuel: 325 Fresh Water: 500 Holding: 80
- THE WASHINGTONIAN has sleeping accommodations for six in three exquisite staterooms, plus crew accommodations for two. True to her heritage, the interior joinery has been carefully restored. The main saloon features the original chestnut raised and fielded paneling. Below decks the cabins are finished in the traditional Trumpy style with beautiful wallcoverings, varnished mahogany trim, and varnished raised panel joinery. Overheads throughout are painted white, most with varnished caps on the deck beams. The cabin sole is covered with new "pin dot" carpet throughout. Natural light and ventilation is augmented by air conditioning with individual digital controls in each cabin.
- Aft Deck
- Shaded by an extended hardtop, the aft deck can be totally enclosed to the weather by rolled down eisenglass curtains. Custom built mahogany wing doors port and starboard lead to wide side decks. When opened, the wing doors are designed to recess into the forward bulkhead of the aft deck. In addition to an expandable teak dining table with four matching chairs, the aft deck is furnished with a comfortable seating area with additional chairs, settee, and teak chest side/serving tables.
- Main Saloon
- The main saloon is entered from the aft deck though a wide mahogany sliding door. The hand rubbed chestnut joinery includes built-in lockers and sideboards. Meticulously upholstered sofas and chairs are covered in crisp and comfortable natural fabrics. A custom built drop leaf table raises to accommodate inside dining. Original hardware and fixtures plus period framed photographs complete the casually elegant décor. The saloon windows can be rolled down for natural ventilation. Forward and to starboard a companionway leads below to the galley, engine room and crew quarters.
- Galley/Crew area
- The galley is equipped with a new four burner Avanti electric range with oven, Bosch dishwasher, microwave oven, 11 gallon hot water heater, and full size LG refrigerator/freezer. There is plenty of storage space and counter top area for food prep. The engine room is aft of and crew quarters are forward from and accessed from the galley. The large crew cabin features a settee to port, over and under single berths to starboard, a nice chest of drawers and an ensuite head with stall shower. A companionway stair leads aft from the galley and up to the saloon.
- The walk-in engine room is aft from the galley. The main engines are two 100 hp GM 471’s. The Phasor 21kW generator is in a sound shield. There are recent aluminum fuel tanks. Both the 12 volt and the 110 volt electrical panels have been replaced, as has most of the major wiring throughout the boat. 125 /240 volts AC electrical system (100 amp max.) 12 volts DC electrical system. (2) fuel tanks High water alarm (2) Oil transfer systems Copper fuel return line Bronze shafts Spare props Fuel shut-off control USCG approved FE 14 fire control system Engine block heater Exhaust system heat gauge Allison transmissions 3 Sump pumps Tool kit Spare parts 6 Marine Air Compressors New bronze window screens for Saloon Phasor/Kubota generator (2) 50 amp dockside electrical cables Heart inverter 200 amp alternator Battery charger selector switch Voltage meters (6) 8D batteries 12 volt lighting system 110 volt lighting system Battery charger Transformer Updated electrical panels 12’ 6” West Marine RIB with 20hp Mercury engine and davit Zodiac Life Raft All Coast Guard required life saving equipment
- The pilothouse is accessed through port and starboard wing doors. A comfortable raised settee is built in along the aft bulkhead. All instruments and controls are mounted for ease of use and service, and are clustered around the helm station. The center panel of the windshield opens, and air conditioning augments the natural ventilation. The teak and fir cabin sole is varnished. The access hatch to the galley below has been made accessible. Just forward of the pilothouse, the foredeck offers a forward facing bench seat for five. Furuno 1832 Radar w/10” display ICOM VHF radio Garmin 5208 Chart Plotter Fire control system discharge Wheel steering Skylight Style Vintage Compass GPS Depthsounder Tachometers Panasonic telephones and intercom Folding chart table Vintage engine instrument panels Panish controls Simrad auto-pilot Pre-wiring and antenna for XM Radio
- Owners Stateroom
- The owner's master stateroom has been enlarged to accommodate a queen sized centerline berth with additional storage, bookshelves and built in dressers. The berth is fitted with the finest quality, high thread count linens. A large hanging locker is located along the forward bulkhead, and offers an acoustical buffer from the guest quarters. The very large master head has been completely renewed, and is equipped with a beautiful teak and holly sole, a stall shower, vanity, marine toilet, custom egyptian cotton towels, and high quality fixtures. Five large portholes provide lots of natural light and cross ventilation.
- Guest Staterooms
- Forward of the master stateroom are two identical cabins that even the most discriminating guest will enjoy. Both of these staterooms feature comfortable twin berths with sumptuous linens. Each has a hanging locker on the outboard side, plus drawer storage, a night stand, opening bronze ports and individual air conditioning controls. A large guest head is nearby in the lower companionway. In the head, your guests will find period fixtures, beautiful linens, a teak and holly sole, and a cast iron bath tub.
- This stunning 62' Mathis/Trumpy has undergone a thorough structural and mechanical refit. Her lovely original design details and interior joinery have been carefully restored while being improved and updated with modern finishes, systems and ammenities. 3 comfortable double staterooms, the elegant saloon, huge enclosed aft deck and all of the modern conveniences make this a very livable and comfortable yacht. The WASHINGTONIAN is the ideal solution for a discriminating classic enthusiast. She truly must be inspected to fully appreciate all that she has to offer. The renewal of the US Coast Guard "COI" inspection for 29 passengers + 2 crew (lakes, bays and sounds) is in place, which will create interesting charter possibilities. The WASHINGTONIAN is beautifully decorated and offered for sale with an exhaustive inventory of her furnishings and accessories. The Yacht is essentially being offered as fully found as shown, with only some minor exclusions of Owner's personal artwork, china, crystal and silverware items. A detailed list of exclusions will be gladly provided to a prospective contract purchaser upon request. The Washingtonian has been used in filming various movie, television, and print media. Side teak decks replaced Bright work re-stained and varnished. Mast reworked to be lowered for bridges - clearance when down is 18'3".
- The Brokers offer the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.