This is a deal, a cosmetically damaged boat from hurricane Sandy that will receive all necessary repairs to include a full paint job. Atlantica will look like new when complete. Survey items below will explain in detail the items found.
On date of incident, vessel was on stands stored for the winter. The storm surge from Superstorm Sandy caused the vessel and other vessels in the marina to float and collide alongside each other inside the marina perimeter. The vessel sustained flooding and superficial hull damage as a result of the loss.
- The undersigned attended “Atlantica” on 15 November 2012 at Owners elected marina, Liberty Landing, Jersey City, New Jersey, for the purpose to report on the nature, cause, and extent of damage. The vessel was on blocks at the storage marina at the time of our attendance. We report the vessel appeared to be in overall very good preloss condition for its seven years. Nature – Vessel collision with other vessels, partial flooding, and hull and rigging damage. Cause – The cause can be attributed to Superstorm Sandy storm surge causing the insured vessel to lift off of its winterized stands and float alongside numerous other vessels in the marina, causing damage to the hull and standing rigging, and flooding damage to the engine compartment and berthing areas. Extent – The damage we observed is as follows: We sight numerous scratches and gouges on both the port and starboard side hull from the vessel colliding with other vessels during the storm. The rudder appears to have impact marks on the bottom of the rudder from coming off of its stands. We will not know the serviceability of the rudder or rudderpost until it has been pulled and inspected. The bow roller is bent from making contact with other vessels. The seats have been ripped out of the cockpit. There is damage on the top deck from other vessels being on top of the vessel and floating across the vessel during the storm There are bent lifeline stanchions. The beddings have been compromised. The navigational lights on the mast and on the vessel have broken domes. The mast furling is damaged. The cockpit instrument cover has been lost. Canvas snaps have been ripped from the hull. Water was found in the bilge and the batteries were dead. Water was found up to the engine. We will not know the extent of damage to the engine space wiring or machinery until such time as it has been closely inspected for serviceability Repair cosmetic damage and gouging on bottom and topsides, including some ports Repaint hull and bottom paint Repair / replace bent stanchions Fix seats ripped out of cockpit Replace bent bow roller Replace broken navigation lights Fix damaged furling unit Replace lost instrument covers Fix dodger / cockpit enclosure, snaps ripped out of hull\ Fix broken / torn canvas Eisenglass Inspect and replace and chaffed / broken lines Repair cockpit seats / teak Clean any interior damage / bilges from water Test bilge pumps / replace if necessary Replace dead batteries Test electrical system Test radar / chart-plotter / instruments / auto-pilot Test engine / oil change / filter change Replace macerator pump Touch up Cetol on teak in head Repair loose laminate on bottom of head door Investigate water damage / stain on floor by head Replace zincs Repack stuffing box Fix hinge on left cabinet under head vanity Wire electric head to electric panel Reattach 2nd refrigerator to electric panel Deep clean interior and exterior
- Vessel Walkthrough
- Whether you are ready to set sail for the islands or just around the buoys, the Hunter 36 can really make a difference. Hunter has eased the effort in sail handling and allowed for real versatility for all wind and sea conditions. Your benefit: better performance with less effort. The deck layout reflects the innovation that accompanies the rig. An integrated arch protects the cockpit from snapping main sheets and blistering sun with the optional Bimini. This arch keeps the cockpit clear and open. A custom console stands ready with instruments. Single lever control and fold down table along with engine instrumentation complete the command station. The swim platform and walkthrough transom complete with shower and folding ladder are perfect for water sports or for boarding the tender. Storage is everywhere you look and the non-skid is absolutely first-rate. Comfort is truly important aboard whether for a week or a year, so Hunter has created an interior that not only looks good, but works for you as well. Two private, large staterooms along with an enormous head with shower and a salon that can seat eight plus a gourmet galley will keep all the crew happy.
- Additional Description
- Cockpit Gear Locker Cockpit Sail Locker Halyard Stowage Wells Hinging Helmsman Seat Hot/Cold Transom Shower Integral Cockpit Grab Rail & Fold Out Table Integrated Wheel Console Direct Drive Steering System w/Single Lever Engine Control, Wheel Brake, Lighted Compass, & Stainless Steel Wheel Guard Jib Winches Placed Aft at The Helm Manual Bilge Pump High Volume Walk-Through Transom AC and DC Electrical Outlets Built-In Trash Receptacle Double Stainless Steel Sinks w/Cutting Board Refrigeration In-Counter Storage Bin Lighted & Ventilated Dry-In Dish Rack Microwave Oven Gimbaled LPG Stove w/Oven Refrigerator AC/DC Switch Panel Battery Charger 30 Amp Cabin Lighting Deluxe Engine Panel w/Alarms and Hour Meter Dockside Power w/Cord Dual 12V Battery Switches Electric Automatic Bilge Pump 6 Gallon (23 L) Electric Water Heater Hot/Cold Pressure Water System Multiple AC Outlets in Cabin Raymarine ST40 Depthsounder w/Alarm Raymarine ST40 Knotmeter w/Log Tank Gauges for Fuel, Water & Waste Navigation Light Package
- Boom Vang 110% Furling Jib w/Acrylic Sun cover Inboard Jib Track w/Adjustable Cars Internal Halyards Led to Cockpit Jib Furling System Mainsheet on Arch (2) Two Speed Self-Tailing Jib Winches (2) Two Speed Self-Tailing Rigging Winches (2) Sets Triple Line Stoppers & Organizers Windex Wind Vane Anchor Roller Dual Anchor Well w/Space for Windlass Bronze Through-Hull Fittings below Waterline Dorade Vent Double Lifelines w/3 Gates (3) Fixed Hull Ports Integrated Swim Platform Keel Antimonious Lead, Shoal Draft Molded-In Nonskid Deck 360 Rub Rail w/Stainless Steel Insert (3) Opening Hatches (4) Opening Ports Stainless Steel Bow Pulpit (6) Stainless Steel Bow, Stern & Spring Cleats Stainless Steel Cockpit Arch w/Mainsheet Stainless Steel Deck Handrails Stainless Steel Stem Fitting Stainless Stern Rail w/Seats and Drink Holders Stainless Steel Telescoping Swim Ladder (2) Transom Storage Lockers
- Arch-Mounted Bimini 2-Burner Gimbaled LPG Stove w/Oven Cockpit Cushions Cockpit Stereo w/CD & Cockpit Arch Speakers Electric Anchor Windlass Extended wheel Guard w/Large Instrument Pod Freezer Front Opening High Bilgewater Alarm & Pump In-Mast Furling System w/Rigid Vang Inverter Propeller 3 Blade Raymarine 4000 Autopilot Raymarine GPS RC435 Raymarine ST60 Knot & Depth Upgrade Raymarine ST60 WindMachine Remote Mike for VHF Stereo w/CD Player Salon Traveler On Arch VHF Radio w/DSC and Stainless Antenna Emergency Tiller Electric fresh water head Canvas connecter from Dodger to Bimini Canvas dodger Canvas cockpit enclosure Folding Destroyer Wheel Rail mount propane grill Raymarine c-30 Chartplotter Raymarine Sirius Receiver (wired to chartplotter for weather) USA East Charts
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.