- 44 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
IMMACULATE ! LOOKING FOR A DISCENING NEW OWNER.
Highly desireable Hunter 44 Deck Salon. One of Hunter's most popular models. This is an ideal boat for extended family cruising and has been maintained in excellent condition by her original owner. Loaded with options, this boat offers tremendous value to a discerning buyer.
- Broker's Comments
- A recent price reduction makes this the best value Hunter 44 on the market. It won't last long - Bring Offers... This Hunter 44DS has been maintained in immaculate condition by a knowledgeable original owner. Known for its strong hull construction and luxurious interior appointments this is a boat that provides excellent sailing performance, is easy to handle, provides real long-range cruising capability and is extremely comfortable to live aboard. What more could you ask for in a reasonably priced, mid-range, cruising sailboat?.
- Vessel Walkthrough
- The interior of BLUE HERON II is expansive with generous amounts of ventilation, natural lighting, storage and convenience features. Forward, the spacious private V cabin has a centerline queen berth, large hanging locker, lockers outboard, and just aft a large ensuite head compartment with a mirrored and lighted vanity and a separate stall shower. The salon has a large settee to port that can easily seat six and a convertible dinette table that provides an oversized double berth. Opposite to starboard is an oversized double settee while the navigation station is adjacent just aft. Opposite the nav. station to port, is the generously oversized seagoing galley facing forward yet very convenient to the companionway where serving a hungry crew in the cockpit is close at hand. To starboard is the master s stateroom head compartment with a separate shower stall that features a dual door access from either the salon next to the companionway or from the aft cabin. The master s cabin aft features a queen centerline berth with innerspring mattress and bedding package; a settee and bookshelf/library to port and an illuminated mirrored vanity with Corian countertop is just forward. Opposite to starboard is a storage cabinet with additional storage compartments and a large cedar lined hanging locker to provide exceptional storage space for the long-range cruiser. Ventilation and natural lighting is provided by 3 ports and 1 hatch.
- Beautifully finished joinery in satin finished teak furnished with deluxe blue cushions and fabric package provides ultimate beauty in interior treatments while functionality of ship board equipment is skillfully blended into the close at hand convenience of the integrated navigation station. Tastefully furnished and accented with pillows and other décor, this expansive salon is bright, airy, and exceptionally roomy. (6) Bomar s/s opening ports w/screens (4)Oversized fixed ports (2) Windshield fixed ports Oceanair screens/shade package* Supreme shade package on fixed ports Headroom 6 6 Bose 3.2.1 AM/FM/CD/DVD Entertainment system* Sharp Aquos 15 Flat Panel LCD TV w/DS converter* Navigation station Carbon monoxide alarms (3ea.-1 in each cabin) Weems & Plath quartz clock on bulkhead Howard Miller barometer on bulkhead Convertible dinette/double berth (3) 110vAC outlets 12vDC outlet Overhead fluorescent lighting Courtesy floor lighting
- With all the conveniences, beauty, and equipment of a gourmet s delight, the expansive L shaped galley is appropriately situated for the chef to be able to provide food service quickly, conveniently and safely to either crew on deck or relaxing guests below. Built in features prove out Hunter s forward thinking& Along with the Corian countertops, a large (4 +) yet seldom seen pantry with 3 pull out drawers below, in-counter waste bin, separate under counter front opening fridge and freezer, three generous storage lockers, built-in 3 shelf spice rack, and even additional storage under the sole. Not forgotten is generous ventilation and lighting provided by overhead fluorescent, lighted self-draining dish storage cabinet, deck hatch, opening port, as well as a double stainless steel sink with cutting board. Seaward Princess 3burner propane stove w/oven LPG control Tappan Microwave CoolMate under counter fridge CoolMate under counter freezer* 110vAC & 12vDC receptacles Hunter 6 place setting galley ware
- Hull and Deck
- Upon first visit, it is obvious the builder has provided an exceptionally clean and well-organized deck and impressive rig layout with full control of this beautiful yacht being easily accomplished by the skipper from the cockpit. At first notice is her flush mounted windlass, dual anchor bow rollers, and her Delta anchor with chain and nylon road all neatly stowed through and under the anchor locker lid to provide a safe and clean appearance of a proper yacht. Attention to adequate deck storage has been more than satisfied with huge cockpit and stern lockers. Structurally, her integral fiberglass grid stringers and transverse cross members have a skin of solid fiberglass below the waterline and cored fiberglass hull sides that are reinforced in collision areas with Kevlar. Her hull is white with elegant dove grey molded non-skid and a full rub rail with s/s insert to protect the hull sides. There are five opening deck hatches forward and four more aft; two milk glass ports and one hatch in the aft head for maximum ventilation; stainless steel mooring and amidship cleats and expansive glass areas provide ventilation and daylight to all areas below. The cockpit area is truly expansive with comfortable seating for 8 or more. Access below down through double outward opening doors w/slider hatch. Hunter s Mega-Locker to the cockpit s port side can easily and conveniently handle excess sail inventory, deck gear, life jackets, cleaning supplies, and perhaps another extra ton or two or excess stuff should you care to bring it along. Owner added canvas upgrades listed as (+) were added at delivery and have numerous convenience options for protection from the elements extending from the forward windscreen aft to the stern pulpit seats. Access to the water or to board a dinghy is very safe and exceptionally convenient through the stern pulpits. +Navy blue custom canvas package by North Sails +Dodger w/Strata glass +Connector (arch to dodger) +Bimini w/window +Shore power cord covers +Dodger window cover +Pedestal cover +Companionway bug screen +Sunbrella silver deck/salon portlite covers Sunbrella silver deck/salon portlite covers 6 6 headroom in cockpit +Lewmar steering pedestal w/40 s/s folding wheel Lewmar 48ST 2spd. sheet winches Lewmar 2 spd. rigging winches Lewmar 40STE stbd. Cockpit halyard winch* Halyard tail storage wells +Chart saddle bag for cockpit Wheel brake & s/s pedestal guard Folding cockpit table w/drink holders Stern pulpit seats for 4 w/drink holders Stern shower +Newport Gas Grill (Magma) w/Rail Mount Double life lines with 2 single + 1 wide gates (4) Large cockpit & transom storage lockers Side and aft grab rails* Port side cockpit extra large Mega-locker Hunter flip out helm seat/transom deck insert S/S integrated transom boarding ladder w/grab rails +Textaline cockpit cushions w/closed cell foam +Textaline cockpit dove gray shade curtains Headroom under canvas -7' Sirius receiver over companionway Speakers/courtesy light console in arch over helm Hunter S/S arch for Harken traveler system S/S handrails on coach roof Simpson-Lawrence windlass w/foot controls (for chain/nylon rodes) +Avon 9.5 Inflatable w/3.5 hp ( 06) w/3.5 hp Merc. OB +Kato Marine S/S dinghy davits USCG Safety package
- Electronics and Instruments
- Raymarine ST60 wind machine* (at helm) Raymarine ST6000 SmartPilot* autopilot Raymarine ST6001 Autopilot remote* at helm Raymarine C80 GPS/Chartplotter at nav. station Danforth 5 compass at helm (illuminated) Icom M402 VHF Icom Command Mic at helm (redundant stand-alone) Raymarine C120 GPS/Chartplotter at helm Raymarine ST60 Speed/log at helm VHF radio Cable TV jacks wired Tank gauges fuel, water, & waste CO detectors (3) Smoke detectors
- Rigging and Sails
- Selden double spreader fractional rig Selden anodized aluminum spars Selden Rodkick (vang) Selden Furlex 300S headsail furler (led to cockpit) Selden Furlex In-mast manual furler (led to cockpit) Dual single line reefing led to cockpit Furler jib: 110% offshore sail w/acrylic UV wrapper Harken mainsheet traveler system Internal halyards led to cockpit S/S shrouds & turnbuckles Spinlock sheet stoppers 8 (2ea.4gang) Dual flag halyards Sail area: 883sq.ft. I = 47 11 J = 14 8 P = 50 E = 20 10 -++ Mast height: 60' 8" ++ (Mfgrs. Specs.)
- 6kw Fischer-Panda generator (60hrs) w/sound shield Battery banks: 2 - 2ea 4D AGM batteries (4 total) 50amp battery charger Shore power 2ea. 110vAC 30amp 110vAC outlets throughout all cabins Air conditioning (2units) Isolation transformer 80amp Alternator Xantrex inverter Battery control monitor Perko monitor panel Emergency start battery parallel switch
- Engines and Mechanical Equipment
- Martec Autostream feathering prop Dripless coupling 54hp Yanmar diesel w/140hrs. Automatic bilge pump Seafire Engine fire extinguishing system VDO oil pressure & engine temp gauges Yanmar full engine instrumentation Manual bilge pump Hot/cold pressure water Electric toilets High water bilge alarm Lewmar direct drive steering system Single lever engine control Emergency tiller
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.