The Hatteras 56 MY was introduced in 1980 and was considered an excellent yacht-aside from her rugged construction and traditional profile is her spacious and very comfortable accommodations. Built on a beamy modified V-hull with a deep keel, the 56 was considered a luxurious motor yacht in an era when Hatteras Yachts were considered the upscale yacht to own. The three stateroom floor plan is arranged with the galley down, and a split engine rooms which flank the corridor leading to the master stateroom. The lower helm and pilot house is completely open to the large salon which provides the Captain with an excellent panoramic view. The aft deck is enclosed with sliding side windows, EZ2CU aft curtains and a hard top. The aft deck is a perfect spot for entertainment and relaxation. Wing doors open to the wide side decks with teak and the huge flybridge has a dingy hoist and storage chocks aft and seating for a crowd. The flybridge overhangs partially protect the side decks for sun and rain.
Perfect for a cruising, entertaining, or live aboard. Incentive offers more living space and more storage space than you would expect in a 56 ft. motor yacht. One reason is the 18’ 2” beam. The other-it’s a Hatteras!
The salon, consequently, is more than large. It is comfortable, pleasantly spacious. With double doors the salon will let you expand the space to include the aft deck. The aft deck is protected by a hardtop and ventilating side windows. It is also fully enclosed with aft EZ2CU panels. Here also is the convenient ladder leading to the fly bridge deck. Everyone wants their moment in the sun and the bridge deck allows that and it will lounge a crowd.
As most yachting enthusiasts know, no one can treat you to the luxuries on home on the water a way Hatteras can. Knowing design and tasteful executions are reflected throughout the entire lower levels. The richness of hand fitted and hand finished wood creates a natural background with the beautiful interior fabrics.
INCENTIVE is a beautiful and well cared for example of the 56 MY. Her current owner’s change of plans dictates her sale. Only a personal walk through tour will do INCENTIVE justice. Contact the listing broker for a personal tour.
- You can board the Hatteras 56 by way of the swim platform and up a ladder to the aft deck or by way of the port or starboard boarding gates with removable steps or ladder. Once onboard the side decks allow entry onto the interior spaces through either the port or starboard pilot house sliding doors. From the aft deck entry is into the main salon through double doors. Starting on the port side deck and forward is the bow deck with two mounted fiberglass storage boxes each mounted on a bow side. Forward of the cabin top is built-in seating with white and black stripped Sunbrella fabric and a protective white Stamoid cover. The teak side decks are wide and offer ease of maneuverability around the vessel. From the aft deck to the pilot house the flybridge deck overhang protects the decks. Additionally, from the aft deck doors to the pilot house doors there are varnished teak railings and fiberglass coaming boards. From the pilot house to the bow are stainless steel stanchions with railings and a coated life line. There are port and starboard boarding gates with teak railings. The aft deck has port and starboard wing doors. The aft deck is large and has wicker furniture to include a love seat, four chairs and an ottoman. There is a wood high/low table and a nicely appointed wet bar with a sin and cold water faucet, and an ice maker. There are two custom counter top extensions that allow increased space for serving between the salon entry doors. The beautiful wood steps are along the starboard side and afford easy access onto the flybridge deck. The aft deck sole is Berber carpet with a varnished teak surround. The aft deck is enclosed with sliding side windows and EZ2CU aft panels. Also entry onto the swim platform is down a stainless steel ladder from the aft deck. Entry into the main salon is through double entry doors. Immediately to starboard is an office desk and chair and further forward are two barrel chairs separated by an antique amour. To port is an “L” shaped settee with a forward end table and wine chiller. The seating area has a wood coffee table. A large flat screen TV is mounted behind the pilot house seat. The salon features beautiful Berber carpeting with matching fabrics and valances. All the way forward and accessible by either side of the PH seat is the pilot house. There are sliding entry doors port and starboard. The helm visibility is excellent with a 360 degree panoramic view. The pilot house seat seats two easily and all engine controls and gauges are within easy reach. Electrical panels are in cabinets in the pilot house. Along the starboard side is a curved stairway leading to the galley area. Along the steps and outboard is a built-in and lockable storage area. As you enter the galley and to starboard is the dinette with fore and aft facing seating for four. Outboard of the dinette is a storage area and there is additional storage drawers under each seat. The dinette has an overhead flat screen TV. To port is the large “U” shaped galley area with a large side-by-side Sub Zero refrigerator/freezer and home style appliances that will please the onboard chef. There is plenty of storage in cabinets and drawers both above and below the countertops. Access into the generator room is through a hatch in the galley sole. All the way forward and down two steps is the crew cabin with starboard side upper and lower bunks, port side storage cabinets and drawers and a large book shelf above. To port and aft is the ensuite head with VACU-FLUSH toilet, mirrored vanity, marble flooring, and separate shower stall. Across for the head entry is a large hanging locker with shelving below. The step treads each open for storage. Aft of the galley and down three steps (with storage under the treads) is entry into the main stateroom area. At the base of the steps and to starboard are two storage cabinets for laundry supplies and two outboard cabinets for the stacked and separate washer and dryer. Further forward is a storage cabinet with a built-in laundry hamper below. Further aft and along the starboard side is access into the guest head with VACU-FLUSH head, mirrored vanity, marble flooring, and separate shower stall. Across from the head entry and along the port side is the guest cabin with twin berths, storage drawers under berth, a mirrored forward wall with storage cabinets above, a hanging locker and TV. Further aft and down the companionway, on the port and starboard sides are the separate engine rooms with forward and aft door entry. All the way aft is the master cabin with a queen center-line berth and upholstered headboard. Along the port side is an enormous storage cabinet with multiple drawers and top shelving. Here is a large mirrored bi-fold door hanging locker, and a port side night stand. Along the starboard side is a cabinet with drawer storage with a top shelf and a vanity with opening for use as a desk or vanity. The starboard side has a night stand. Behind the upholstered headboard are beautiful sliding panels to hide the aft hatches. Along the starboard side and forward in the main stateroom is the master head with mirrored vanity, VACU-FLUSH head, marble flooring and a separate tub and shower combination
- Located down four steps from the pilot house, the galley is large and offers home style appliances, ample counter top and storage spaces, and the large side windows offer excellent natural lighting and ventilation. The 6 person dinette is located along the starboard side. Flooring is linoleum. Access into the generator room is through a sole hatch. White Formica counter tops with white sink White faucet with sprayer Subzero side by side refrigerator/freezer GE Profile under counter full size dishwasher GE microwave oven built in above stove top GE Profile electric oven with self-cleaning feature Whirlpool GOLD electric 4 burner stove top T-FAL Avanti stainless steel toaster Mr. Coffee coffee maker Nutone built in counter top blender 24 bottle wine cooler in main salon Scotsman ice maker in wet bar on aft deck Single stainless steel sink with cold water faucet in wet bar on aft deck White cabinets in galley Ample storage drawers and cabinets above and below the counters Watts
- Pilothouse Ritchie compass in stainless steel binnacle Naiad hydraulic stabilizer control Furuno NAVNET system with 3 Acer flat panel displays, 2 multifunction and 1 for use with a laptop computer Furuno 1944B 64 mile radar plotter Robertson AP 200DL autopilot with Robertson F200 controller Standard Horizon Matrix VHF radio with DSC, hailer and fog horn Bennett trim tabs Ray-Line remote controlled spot light Vetus bow thruster control
- Fiberglass and teak trim bow pulpit Primary Delta 88 lbs. anchor with 250 feet of chain rode and stainless steel swivel Secondary Danforth anchor with chain and rope rode Stainless steel anchor roller Ideal electric windlass with foot and helm controls Stainless steel hawse pipe for the primary anchor chain Bow deck port and starboard fiberglass storage boxes Bow fresh and raw water wash down spigots Marquipt aluminum boarding steps and ladder with mounts on bow railings Teak hand rails from pilot house doors aft Stainless steel stanchions with coated life lines from teak rails forward Stainless steel deck hardware Swim platform with deluxe Dive N Dog swim stairs and stainless steel ladder to aft deck Electric dinghy hoist mounted on aft starboard bridge Dinghy chocks with aluminum lifting bridle Port and starboard dock water connections Port and starboard electrical connections with protective acrylic door Port and starboard telephone and cable TV connection Wide side decks with overhead flybridge extension Teak decks from aft deck wing doors to bow Carpeted aft deck with varnished teak trim border Wicker furniture on aft deck with hi/low table 120 volt overhead fan in aft deck Custom counter top extensions on aft deck at wet bar Hydraulic folding radar arch with satellite TV, radar array, and various antennas mounted Beige colored STAMOID bimini and aft bridge extensions White and Black Sunbrella striped bow deck seat cushions White mesh cover for the pilot house windshield Solid fiberglass bridge deck coaming boards
- Flybridge Ritchie stainless steel binnacle Vetus bow thruster control Naiad hydraulic stabilizer control-on/off and center Furuno NAVNET system with 1 Acer flat panel display; displays info on the left display in the PH Furuno 1920BB networked with the 1944 and a remote 17" display in PH Acer 19" monitor on swivel mount starboard FB shows the Furuno 1944 information Robertson AP 200DL autopilot with Robertson F200 remote control Standard Horizon Quest VHF with DSC and RAM microphone Standard Horizon LH5 hailing system with automatic fog horn and listen back function Datamarine International depth indictor from keel Datamarine International speed and distance indicator Ray-Line remote controlled spotlight
- Multiple electrical panels are all easy to access and well are well laid out and marked. 12 and 32 volt DC power with separate distribution panels 120 and 240 volt AC power with separate distribution panels 12 and 32 volt DC electrical panel with circuit breakers 120 and 240 volt AC electrical panel with circuit breakers Onan 20 KW diesel generator, fresh water cooled, with 5800 hours-serviced 2012 Onan Genset Wolverine oil pan heater Racor primary fuel filter with vacuum gauge for genset 50 Amp shore power with cord and splitters, port and starboard connections Sea King battery charger, 230 Volt, 60 Hz, 75 Amp Xantrex XC1524 battery charger in genset room, 24 volt, 15 Amp Xantrex battery charger control in pilot house panel Pro-Spot 16 single battery 6 amp charger in genset room Sears Platinum Group 31 AGM battery for the Genset start and some remote 12 volt systems Magnum Sine Wave MS4024 inverter in genset room with remote (4) Trojan L16 410 amp hour batteries for the inverter Magnum Energy Control in pilot house panel Magnum generator automatic starting control in genset room (2) C-Power Marine Isolation and Boosting Transformers in genset room (2) NewMar 32-12 volt converters for various 12 volt equipment loads 240 volt AC panel for air conditioning systems in port engine room Separate engine room battery switches for each engine Separate Air Conditioning AC power distribution panel in port engine room Panasonic flat screen 37" TV mounted behind pilot house seating Samsung BluRay DVD player with surround sound in main salon Samsung wall mounted flat screen TV in galley area Olevia flat screen TV in master cabin Magnavox DP170MW8B DVD player in master cabin KVH M2 Satellite television with automatic dome on radar arch using DirecTV Sony Tritron TV in guest cabin Jensen Marine MC D5112 AM/FM/CD player on bridge Polk Marine remote stereo speakers (2) Eureka central vacuum systems with Electro-Valve connections Bradford White Hydrojet electric hot water heater, 20 gallon (5) Cruise Air reverse cycle marine air conditioners Maytag stacked (separate) washer and vented dryer
- The engine rooms are divided into the port and starboard side outboard of the hallway between the forward and master staterooms. Each engine room has an access door forward for easy entry and an aft door for access to the transmission and aft spaces. Side panels can be removed for access to the inboard aspect of each engine. Both engines have ZeroStart immersion 1000 watt block heaters for quick cool weather starts. Detroit Diesel 675 hp diesel 8V92TI engines with 1560 hours (SMOH) on port engine and 2900 on starboard engine. Fresh water cooled with AIRSEPS Allison M20H transmissions Hynautic hydraulic engine and transmission controls at both helms Engine instrumentation with gauges at both helms Glendinning synchronizer with pull switch at both helms Stainless steel destroyer steering wheels at both helms Hynautic hydraulic steering systems Stainless steel shafts with a spare shaft mounted in port side engine room (4) blade bronze propellers with spare set in generator room Engine room and genset room fire suppression system with automatic and pull handles Racor primary fuel filters with vacuum gauge Hatteras Systems Monitor with alarms for water, exhaust & drive temp, oil pressure Algae-X magnetic fuel conditioning system on both engines Engine room fresh water spigots
- INCENTIVE comes with a very extensive supply of manuals for virtually every ship board system and piece of equipment. A full set of service manuals for the engines, transmissions, and Genset and blue prints for wiring and systems schematics are onboard. The owner has receipts for virtually all work done on the boat during the last two owners; including the receipts for the starboard engine rebuild and minor overhaul of the port engine. There is detailed maintenance and running logs, past oil sample analysis reports and much more. Additionally, there is an extensive supply of spare parts.
- Broker's Remarks
- WOW! A well-cared for 56 MY that show pride in ownership. All onboard manuals, logs, and maintenance records are available. A beautiful Hatteras not to be missed. Delivery and Insurance information available from listing broker
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- GET EMAIL UPDATES