- 40 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
Designed by Farr Yacht Design, Ltd., - there is no better pedigree for a modern offshore one design. Come to the team with a track record for providing it. Following on from the success of the Mumm 36, then the Mumm 30 and Corel 45, is the Farr 40.
- This yacht was designed to create fast, exhilirating, cost controlled fun. Sailing World named the Farr 40 their overall 1998 boat of the year. They said "the boat is awesome to sail". The FARR ® 40 One Design was conceived as a high performance 40 footer that would gather the benefits of modern materials into an economic platform for short course racing that was demanding, exciting and not beyond the capabilities of relatively inexperienced and mature crew members. The boat also had to be capable of competing in the offshore classes and be a competitive IMS performer to give the purchaser a wide range of events in which to compete and to carry through times before class fleets were established. The design of the boat and the formation of Class Rules and Constitution proceeded in parallel allowing input from the operator and builder side of the equation. The Owner/Driver class rule was an influencing factor in the conceptual phase of the design, encouraging us towards easy to tune, simple arrangements that would not take time and energy from the primary activity of sailboat racing.
- Race Results
- 2012 Results: Santa Barbara to King Harbor - First Ocean Series Races 1 thru 4 - First Sunkist Series - First Fiesta Cup - Seventh 2013 Results: Hot Rum Series - Fourth SCYA Midwinter Regatta - Fifth Newport to Ensenada - Tenth
- Go Here for So Cal Farr 40 Info
- Sail Inventory
- Light #1 Jibs 1999 North 3DL 2001 North LT/MD Jib 2012 North LMC1 3DL Medium Jib 1999 North 3DL Heavy Jib 2008 North H3DL 2000 North HP Heavy Jib 2004 North 3DL Main 2009 North 3DL 2004 North Masthead 2012 North S1.5 AirX500 with logo (only raced once) 2008 North 1S Norlite 50 ARG40 2007 North S1.5 Specialty 2008 North Jib Top 2003 North Light Runner 2S 1999 Storm Trysail (never used) 2003 Gennaker 075 oz Fractional 2007 2A 1999 3A (like new) Trailer for everything is available separately.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Call Mark Lake at 949-554-5886 for immediate assistance.