- 55 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- 3208 TA
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
Well maintained, single owner Fleming 55 with low hour, reliable Caterpillar engines, twin 12kw Northern Lights generators, Naiad stabilizers and bow thruster. Solid fiberglass hull construction in conjunction with its low profile classic design makes this one of the finest cruising yachts in her class.
- Entering the salon from the aft deck through the double doors you are immediately impressed by the spaciousness and ambiance. The attention to detail and exquisite handmade teak raised paneled cabinets give rise to feelings of warmth and relaxation. The 16’ beam provides space enough for dining and lounging areas and great care has been taken to balance scale with function. The open floor plan of the salon encompasses the galley and dining area which can comfortably seat six. Along the port side of the salon is an L-Shaped settee anchored by a wet bar aft. The starboard side includes an entertainment center hidden behind a teak cabinet, ample storage and two barrel chairs to Starboard. 20” Sony Trinitron TV Toshiba VCR/DVD Player KVH TracVision Cable TV Hookup Alpine 12V AM/FM/CD Audio System with iPod Connector Niles Speakers and Volume Control in Salon, Master Stateroom, Pilothouse, Flybridge & Cockpit Ice Maker (stowed ashore) Weighted Hi-Lo Coffee/Dining Table
- The spacious galley has Corian counter tops and is equipped with double bowl sinks, waste disposal, convection microwave, dishwasher, ceramic three burner cook top with custom potholders, and a full-size refrigerator with ice and water dispenser. A storage compartment just forward of the cook top accommodates a full range of saucepans. A locker and small pantry on the starboard side provides additional storage and a convenient serving counter for morning coffee. Sharp 850W Convection Microwave Frigidaire Dishwasher Kenyon 220v (3) Burner Cook Top Miele Oven (Stored Ashore- Never Used) 20 Cu. Ft.GE Profile Full-Size Side-by-Side Refrigerator with Dispenser & Teak Door Panel Corian Counter Tops Insinkerator Waste Disposal Grohe Mixer Faucets Paragon PSR 24-Volt fresh water pump Broan 20 Gal Trash Compactor
- The accommodations layout features a central passage which has proved to be so desirable over many years in the Fleming 55. This layout contributes to an easy and convenient flow of traffic through the boat as well as making it possible to appreciate the full length of the boat from forepeak bulkhead to transom. The arrangement provides bunks to starboard, a VIP guest cabin to port and an en-suite master stateroom forward. The accommodations are dressed with teak and Formica and offers great comfort and convenience without any steep stairs to negotiate. Centrally located in the passage, behind a sliding teak door is the Asko full-sized 220v washer & separate dryer. The master stateroom includes a queen island berth with two skylights. Ample storage is accomplished via a large cavity underneath the bed that is accessed through gas assist struts. Additional storage is found via his and hers hanging lockers, drawers, & book shelves. A 13” Sony TV and Phillips DVD Player is also mounted on the bulkhead. Both master and guest heads are exceptionally spacious with generous glass and stainless steel shower enclosures. Each head contains Hansgrohe thermostatic controlled fixtures and Corian countertops along with one piece molded fiberglass stall showers. The port stateroom has twin berths with a convenient shelf outboard. Storage is provided through a large hanging locker and drawers underneath the berth as well as built-in shelving along the aft wall. The starboard stateroom features bunks with a slide out upper berth. Hanging locker, drawers and bookshelves provide ample storage for gear.
- In many modern designs it has become fashionable to eliminate the inside steering station, but the Fleming 55 features a pilothouse which closely resembles the bridge of a much larger vessel. Fleming created a dedicated place from which the boat is piloted and controlled without any distractions from other on-board activities but which is still only three steps from the salon and galley. Four interior steps safely lead to the upper flybridge station. Specially designed removable consoles provide ample room for a full range of modern electronic equipment without intruding on the full range of engine instrumentation. Overhead consoles provide additional space. There is also a proper chart area with drawers and a chart light. Both AC and DC electrical panels swing out to provide easy access to wiring connections and the inside of the flybridge console is accessed through a swing-out bookcase. The watch-keeper has their own helm seat and an adjacent, raised L-shaped settee and table provide a comfortable social area with excellent visibility through the side and forward windows. Visibility forward and to port and starboard is excellent, and the two sliding doors open to the wide side decks. The traditional teak and holly sole is standard. There are large drawers and working space for charts, cruising books, and navigation instruments, binoculars and everything else a captain needs to chart and follow a safe course. A large stainless steel teak-trimmed destroyer wheel fits the ambiance of this ultimate cruising yacht. Furuno NavNet V2 Radar/Chart Plotter Northstar 962 GPS Plotter (2) Furuno RD-33 Data Organizers (1) SEA Model 156 VHF (1) SEA Hailer Robertson AP-22 Autopilot Naiad Stabilizer Controller Bow Thruster Control Sharp LCD TV Pelco KBD300 Pan, Tilt, Zoom Camera System Control Telcor Sea Water Temperature Gauge KVH Tracphone Dual Search Light Control FCI Water Maker Remote VDO Engine Gauges Ritchie Compass FloScan Digital Gauges Bennett Trim Tab Control
- The flybridge is easily accessed from the pilothouse or by ladder from the cockpit. The two-seater upper helm is located to port and provides excellent visibility particularly in close quarters and bustling harbors. The electronics console houses an array of engine instrumentation & navigation hardware with easy access via a hinged bookcase behind the settee in the pilothouse. The starboard side of the flybridge features a U-shaped settee with a large fixed table while the port side consists of an additional seating area and access to the dumbwaiter. Furuno NavNet V2 Radar/Charplotter North Star 962XD GPS Plotter Robertson AP22 Autopilot Datamarine Link multi data system (1) Furuno RD 33 Data Organizer (1) SEA 150 VHF Bow Thruster Control Engine Start/Stop Engine Control Gauges Trim Control Fireboy Engine Shutdown System Simrad Compass Dual Search Light Control
- DECH & CONTRUCTION DETAILS
- In common with all Flemings, the hull is hand laid solid fiberglass reinforced with a grid of stringers and frames. Vinylester resin is used below the waterline with further protection provided by epoxy barrier coats. A reasonable five foot draft allows for Bahamas cruising while ensuring that the running gear is protected by a full-length keel which is foam filled and glassed across the top to isolate it from the hull. Special attention has been paid to the ease and safety in which the heavy duty ground tackle is set and retrieved. The anchor platform accepts two anchors, each of which can be controlled by a handheld unit at the platform or by windlass controls at the flybridge station. On deck she has the familiar walk-around decks we are used to seeing on all the Flemings and the high bulwarks and Portuguese Bridge provide security for both children and pets. Four gasketed and lockable hatches provide access to the engine room and spacious lazarette. Hand Laid Solid Fiberglass Hull Vinylester Resin Below Waterline Integrally Molded Guard with S/S Rub Rail Pilothouse Bulwark Gates Simulated Planking Grooves in Hull Fiberglass Swim Platform Stainless Steel Swim Ladder Teak Cap Rails, Cover Boards, & Bow Rails Bow pulpit with Lofrans Windlass Primary Anchor: 60lb Galvanized H3100 Danforth with 300’ of 3/8”Chain Rode Secondary Anchor: 60lb Galvanized CQR with 200’ of ½” Nylon Rode Forward & Aft Shore Connections Teak Decks Non Skid Flybridge Deck Cockpit Freshwater Wash Down Shower Foredeck Fresh & Raw Water Hose Bibs Nautical Structures 1,000 lb Low Profile Davit Tender: 11’9” Novurania 360DL Tender with Yamaha 40hp
- MECHANICAL SYSTEMS
- The engine room is accessed from a hatch aft of the salon doors through the outside leading down to the well laid out engine room. Systems and engineering are a notable feature of all Fleming Yachts whose philosophy has always been to choose only the best equipment available for the job and make sure that it is readily accessible for maintenance. To achieve the extremely low sound and vibration that Flemings are known for, Aqudrive systems transfer the thrust directly to the hull and isolate the engine by using soft engine mounts. The lazarette houses the water tanks, steering gear and air conditioning compressors while also leaving ample room for storing cruising gear such as spare anchors, rode, lines, fenders, and parts. Having the A/C compressors located here instead of in a hot engine room improves performance and efficiency and minimizes noise. Additionally, all battery isolation switches are accessible from outside the engine-room. T-Caterpillar 3208, Turbocharged & Aftercooled, 435HP (~1,160 hrs) (2) Northern Lights 12 Kw Generators (P:~1,932hrs / S: ~1,929hrs) Wesmar 10HP, 24V Electric Bow Thruster Naiad Hydraulic Stabilizers 220V AC Electrical Service 24V DC Electrical Service (1) Sentry FR2440/3X 120V/40A Battery Charger (1) Professional Mariner Flyback 10-3 Converter Charger for Genset Batteries Manual/Automatic Clean Agent Fire System (4) Fiberglass Fuel Tanks (~1,000 Gal) (4) Polypropylene Water Tanks (~300 Gal) (1) Fiberglass Black Water Tank (100 Gal) Hynautic Hydraulic Steering Reverse Cycle Air Con with 4 Zones & SMX Controls Air Seps on Main Engines
- CRUISING EQUIPMENT
- Life Jackets Switlix Six Man Life Raft Global Fix EPIRB Dock Lines Fenders & Fender Lines Shore cords (50A, 125/220V) Flare Kit
- Bimini Flybridge Top Flybridge Console Flybridge Helm Seat Flybridge Cushions Black Texalene Windshield Cover Pilothouse White Sun Protection Cover
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Click Here for more Fleming Information Visit Our In-Water Showroom Click For More Previously Owned Flemings