WORLD CLASS CRUISER
OWNER WILL CONSIDER "OWNER FINANCING" TO QUALIFIED BUYERS, WITH SUBSTANTIAL DEPOSIT.
OWNER IS BEGINNING A COMPLETE REFIT - CURRENT CONDITION REFLECTS BARGAIN ASKING PRICE
REBUILT DETROIT DIESEL JUST INSTALLED - "0" HOURS
NEEDS EXTERIOR CLEANING AND PAINT - INTERIOR RECONSTRUCTION - CAN BE CONFIGURED ANY WAY NEW OWNER WISHES
PILOT HOUSE ORIGINALLY HAD INSIDE HELM STATION - STORAGE CABINETRY - ROOM TO CONFIGURE WITH SETTEE, DINETTE, OR OTHER LAYOUT - 360 DEGREE VIEW
HUGE AFT CIRCULAR COCKPIT WITH OUTSIDE STEERING HELM
WIDE WALK AROUND DECKS WITH LARGE AFT DECK, AND HUGE FORWARD DECK
ORIGINALLY BUILT IN HOLLAND BY THE HELLERMAN COMPANY, LENGENAK, HOLLAND
THIS IS A WORTH WHILE PROJECT FOR THE SAILOR WHO DESIRES A STRONG STEEL VESSEL CAPABLE OF SAILING ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD, AND HAS THE VISION TO SEE PAST HER CURRENT CONDITION
THIS 85 FT STEEL HULL SAILING YACBHT HAS RECENTY BEEN REPLATED – THE INTERIOR IS EMPTY AND READY TO BE REBUILT TO YOUR CUSTOM DREAM SAILING YACHT.
- Engines Total Power: 220 - Rebuilt Detroit 671 diesel - "o" hours Tanks Fuel: 1700 gal (6.433 ltr) in 4 tanks Fresh Water: 1700 gal 6,433 ltr) Holding: 300 gal (1,135 ltr) - LOA: 85' (26 m) - Beam: 19' (5.8 m) - Max Draft: 8' (2.44 m) - Displacement: 82 TONS
- Hull and Deck
- This is an 85’ ketch rigged motor sailer. She was recently purchased as a project boat and went through a $140,000 refit About 2/3 of the exterior hull was professionally replaced with ¼” ABS steel, as well as much of the ribbing and several bulkheads. - Any suspect steel was cut out and replaced, including the entire anchor chain locker. The entire hull was covered with two coats of Ameron 240 epoxy primer. The bottom was then coated with two coats of Trinidad bottom paint. - All the zincs were reinstalled as they appeared to have plenty of life remaining. All bad steel was cut out and replaced on the deck and wheelhouse with 3/16” ABS steel. - Any other rusted areas on deck were ground down to good steel and covered with Ameron 240 epoxy primer. The interior steel was coated with OverRust primer. -- - Most of the floor framing was replaced with 2”x2”x1/4” steel angle iron. The hull is solid and almost like new. It is a great base to build a custom yacht . - The vessel's LOA is 85 ft including deck space on the bowsprit. She is completely built of steel, except for a fiberglass top on her Pilot House. - There is a large circular cockpit aft of the Pilot House. Wide walk around decks with large aft deck and HUGE forward deck. Steel reinforced bowsprit with deck leading out to end of sprit. - Vessel has good protective bulwarks surrounding her deck, and solid raised handrail completely around the deck. She has a full keel with rudder attached at the aft end and a rebuilt Detroit Diesel engine.
- -Vessel needs a complete interior refit. She can be configured with any number of cabins her new owner requires. - She needs a total restoration including the exterior and interior. There are some repairs that need to be done on the exterior. Her masts and rigging appear in good condition. - The new owner can restructure the interior to his preference within the existing bulkheads adding 2-4 cabins forward and 3-4 cabins aft. She needs a completely new galley. - No interior plan available and no refit estimates have been made. - There is a large pilot House, which could be set up with seating and dining area. Forward of the Pilot house and down 3 steps is where the Saloon would be. This area could easily be comfortable for 12 people to use and can be set up as a dinning area. - There is a structural bulkhead aft of the saloon and originally 3 sleeping cabins aft of the bulkhead. There is a partial structural bulkhead forward of the Saloon and a large open area. This is where the galley was (no fixtures or appliances are left). this could be a galley and dining area, or galley and 2 additional cabins or storage areas - Forward of the galley area, is another structural bulkhead with open space forward of the bulkhead - this could be additional storage space or 2 additional cabins There were 2 existing heads aft – additional heads can be added There is no Survey available This will be an impressive Yacht after a restoration - and easily capable of world cruising
- - Rebuilt Detroit Diesel " 0" hours - Total Power: 220 HP - Engine Model: 671
- - The interior of the boat is empty. All mechanical systems, electrical, plumbing and cabins need to be installed. There are no electronics on-board. -The boat is outfitted with a Detroit 671 diesel engine. The engine was recently rebuilt, however the exhaust,steering, fuel and water lines are currently not hooked up, so the boat is not in condition to move under her own power. - During the haul-out a new cutlass bearing and pillow bearing were installed. The drive shaft was removed, reconditioned and reinstalled. The shaft was professionally aligned after its installation. The prop appeared to be in good shape. New Marelon thru-hulls were installed during the haul-out as well. She has a full keel with rudder attached at the aft end and a cut-out for the propeller I do not have an interior plan available She has a large pilot House , which could be set up with seating and dining areas - there is a Saloon forward of the pilot house, and down 3-4 steps This area could easily be comfortable for 12 people to use and can be set up with seating and dining areas There is a structural bulkhead aft of the saloon and originally 3 sleeping cabins aft of the bulkhead, There is a structural bulkhead forward of the Saloon and a large open area This is where the galley was ( no fixtures or appliances are left), this could be a galley and dining area, or galley and 2 additional cabins or storage areas - Forward of the galley area, is another structural bulkhead with open space forward of the bulkhead - this could be additional storage space or 2 additional cabins There were 2 existing heads aft – additional heads can be added There is no Survey available This will be an excellent yacht after restoration - (4) fuel tanks - total 1700 gal 1700 gal fresh water tanks (3) holding tanks total 300 gal (fiberglass) New replacement 220 HP engine (Detroit Diesel) Hydraulic windlass (not guaranteed)
- Sails & Rigging
- - Ketch rig with two aluminum masts. Fitted for (2) head sails - Roller furling system for Genoa, Club footed Staysail - The boat has no sails, and all the running rigging needs to be replaced Standing rigging has all stay lock fittings and appears in good condition
- - This is a heavy world cruising vessel that needs a complete interior refit. The current owner has just started the refit, and would like to sell immediately. This is an excellent buy for a sailor willing to complete the refit. She has beautiful lines and can be turned into a proper yacht for live-aboard, or world cruising. She has exceptional tank-age for long range under power, and a powerful sail plan for extended voyaging. - Please contact the listing broker to discuss this vessel further.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.