- 42 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Gold Series
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
Corso Avanti is a very clean Grand Banks 42 Motoryacht whose owners take great pride in their vessel and it shows. The boat has always been yard- maintained top to bottom. She is an Up-State NewYork boat in excellent condition, truly an opportunity in today's market.
FUEL TANKS REPLACED
August 2013 ~ (8) New 8D Batteries Installed
- Accommodations & Layout
- Two staterooms forward, one stateroom aft; two heads; two showers; helm, saloon and galley up.
- Forward Stateroom
- Features V-berths with filler to make very large berth (king-sized width at the head end), hanging locker to port, drawers beneath berths, a full-length mirror to starboard, shelves, and A/C controls for both forward staterooms. A head with a sink, a stall shower and storage space is located aft to starboard. Also to starboard aft of the head is a pantry with shelf storage and a combination washer/dryer. Opposite to port, is a second stateroom with over & under bunk berths (the upper of which is a stowable canvas berth), a hanging locker, a four-drawer cabinet, and under-berth storage.
- To port, four steps up from forward section. It has a Princess three-burner electric stove with oven, a double stainless-steel sink, a Samsung micro-wave oven, an under-counter Norcold refrigerator/freezer, and storage areas.
- Full Helm Controls
- Located to starboard of galley. Door opens from helm to exterior side deck. Chart table and swivel chair located aft of helm door. Above helm are controls for saloon A/C.
- Main Saloon
- Is aft of helm and chart table. To starboard is a large, L-shaped settee fronted by a drop-leaf table. Large lamp hangs over table. Opposite settee is a built-in counter with a second Norcold refrigerator/freezer and an ice-maker. Aft of counter is built-in-wall liquor cabinet. There are two chairs and a stool.
- Master Stateroom
- Is to aft of Main Saloon, and four steps down. It has a walk-around queen berth with an abundance of drawers and storage space. There is a double-door hanging locker on the forward bulkhead with a hidden safe. A head with sink is in the port, forward corner, and a separate shower and sink are in the starboard, forward corner. The Master Stateroom also has its own A/C controls, plus 19’ TV, VCR/dvd player, and AM/FM stereo radio/audio tape player.
- Electronics & Navigation Equipment
- Raytheon R41X radar Decca 150 autopilot w/remote on bridge Engine synchronizer, digital, visual Standard Horizon hailer & foghorn Rudder indicator, dual station Sitex Koden 797 loran* Northstar 941X gps, interface-ready Datamarine Offshore 1,000’ depth-sounder SGC 2000 SSB radio Datamarine 2730RD depth sounder Sailor VHF radio Decca 7” gimbaled compass ICOM IC-M125 VHF radio with intercom to main saloon Stewart-Warner instrumentation Danforth Constellation compass *Loran no longer government-supported; could be replaced by lower helm GPS.
- Aft Deck Features
- Eight-man Beaufort life raft** Two dunnage (deck) boxes 3.5 cu. ft. Kenmore freezer Brass ship’s bell Andersen two-speed hand winch Two Atkins & Hoyle davits (500 lbs. total) Teak swim platform Teak & stainless steel swim ladder **Not currently certified
- Flybridge Features
- Full canvas w/windows and screens Mast, boom, and rigged steadying sail Fore & aft-facing bench seats with cushions & under-seat storage Deck lighting from mast spreaders Hand-held spotlight Remote for stereo in Master SR Two survival suits for cold water Remote for Decca autopilot Controls for forward windlass Teak wheel w/canvas cover at helm Engine instruments & shut-downs Wide chart deck & GPS station Compass, & depth sounder digital dial
- Mechanical & Electrical Equipment
- Galley Maid Windlass (3-station controls); 200’, all-chain anchor rode with 65 lb. Danforth anchor; ca. 45 lb. CQR anchor with 200’ of 5/8’ anchor line. Twin Ford Lehmans, six-cylinder, 120 HP Gold Series (considered the commercial series) diesel engines. 12KW Onan 110/220 four-cylinder diesel generator housed aft of engines, in separate generator room with doors, and its own separate 12-v battery. Starboard engine-operated 100 Amp alternator to charge house batteries. 2.5 KW, 150 Amp Trace inverter/battery charger. Eight 8D batteries. 600 gal./day Universal Technology Watermaker, with remote control at lower helm station. Water heater (electric or engine-heated). Electrical and manual bilge pumps.
- Four screened deck hatches w/ translucent, teak-rimmed hatch covers (three forward, one aft). One dunnage (deck) box centered and aft of bow pulpit. Dual (two-pitch) trumpet horns on starboard w/helm controls. Six antennae (two for GPS, two for VHF radios, one for loran, one for SSB radio). Zodiac 10’2” inflatable. 50 amp shore power connections & 50’ shore power cable. Bow pulpit teak flagstaff & stern-mounted teak flagpole. Anchor roller on bow pulpit. Sea water wash down at bow. Morse clutch and throttle controls at each helm. Two twenty-four inch life rings, refurbished in 2005. Teak parquet soles throughout cabins. Numerous fire extinguishers throughout. Port and starboard doors from main saloon to side decks. Engine room and generator room vent fans. Oil-discharge plaque & posted waste management plan. Three Marine Air sea-water-cooled, reverse-cycle air conditioner units (with new cooling water lines and ball-valve control assembly installed in 2003). Two Raritan electric heads (replaced in 2004). Corso Avanti means “straight course” or “course straight ahead.” Documented (#688151). Home Port : Oswego, NY (southeast shore of Lake Ontario) Winter Storage : Heated, indoor winter storage at Winter Harbor, Brewerton, NY. (Oneida River, just north of Oneida Lake on the NYS Erie Canal).
- Corso Avanti - List of Improvements Since 2000
- 2000 New stainless steel propeller shafts Reconditioned propellers New bottom (stripped, new barrier coat and anti-fouling paint) Installation of Racor fuel filters on engines and generator New cutlass bearings Major hull buffing (with frequent rebuffing) New curtains in aft cabin and main saloon 2001 New canvas 2002 Stripped, re-caulked, and refinished all decks Sanded and refinished all interior floors Professionally cleaned all upholstery Purchased 10.2’ Zodiak dinghy 2003 Installation of aqua-lift mufflers to replace old exhaust risers New exhaust hoses throughout (engines and generator) Eight new ball-valve thru-hull fittings, strainers and hoses New, separated waste hoses from heads to holding tank Repainted bottom 2004 New Raritan heads New forward refrigerator in salon/galley New radar arch with radar, hailer and two antennas moved onto new arch Reconfigured and hinged mast able to be lowered aft Refinished decks again New curtains forward New mini-blinds replaced old blinds Painted walls in aft head and shower Freshened-up varnish where needed in main salon 2005 Painted walls of forward staterooms and corridor Sealed decks Stripped and repainted and varnished port & starboard Corso Avanti signs 2006 Replaced the bank of five 8D house batteries 2007 New AFi windshield wipers, arms and motors on all three front cabin windshields New Tankwatch 4 holding tank monitor Painted walls of master stateroom 2009 New fuel tanks installed (2 X 300 gallons) 2012 Replaced engine expansion tanks 2013 Replaced the bank of five 8D house batteries Replaced hot water heater 2014 New Garmin 740s Chart Plotter that interfaces with new Garmin 18 HD Radar (creates a redundancy of radar and GPS stations between upper and lower helms). Rebuilt 100 Amp alternator on starboard engine Replaced Northstar GPS antenna
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.