- 45 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
Mad Dog is a well maintained Cabo 45 that is a rugged offshore fishing battlewagon. She is rigged for the big catch and finished with the elegance of a motor yacht. Cabo built fishing machines have long enjoyed the reputation of combining quality with performance. Certainly the 45 is a statement of that quality. Cat power…upgraded electronics…new enclosure…A/C at the helm. Owner kept an open checkbook to keep her in great shape. Her highlights include a huge bridge deck with centerline helm, spacious fishing equipped cockpit, with U shaped salon seating. Come have a look. You won’t be disappointed. Mad dog is a must see featuring a great price. Owner wants sold!
- Vessel Walkthrough
- Entering from the dock and onto the swim platform you enter the cockpit thru the transom door. The cockpit is quite large and features padded cockpit coaming, a centered fishing chair and forward storage lockers and bait freezer. The entry to the engine room is thru a doorway and down a stainless steel ladder. The engine room is well lit and ventilated and maneuverability and maintenance is a breeze. From the cockpit movement to the bow is simple with wide side decks with hand holds, stainless steel safety rails and stanchions. The bow deck is relatively flat and the bow windlass is controlled with foot and helm switches. You can maneuver around the entire boat using the wide side decks. Back to the cockpit and up one small step is the bridge deck with a large “L” shaped port side settee, with lockable rod storage, and to starboard is a tackle center. The Stidd helm seat is centered and adjustable. The helm console is laid out well and the 360 degree visibility makes docking a breeze. The companionway door slides to starboard. Down the companionway three steps you enter the main cabin. Immediately to port and on the aft bulkhead is the electrical panel. The port side features a large “U” shaped leather settee with the ability to become a double berth. The entertainment center is along the port side forward bulkhead and there is a high-low teak table. To starboard is the “L” shaped galley with Corian countertops, ample drawer and cabinet storage and cooking capabilities that will please the onboard chef. The interior flooring is gorgeous and has been updated with new teak and holly. Forward of the main salon and to starboard is access into the head. The head also features private entry into the master. The head has a Vacu-Flush head, mirrored vanity, and a circular European style shower stall. All the way forward is the master cabin with a center-line queen berth and hanging lockers, storage drawers and outboard storage shelving. The designer interior also features opening hatches with retractable shades and removable screens, matching fabrics and shams, beautiful Amtico Flooring (used in new Hatteras and Cabo Yachts), and teak bulkheads and doors.
- Located in the main cabin to starboard, the galley is large and offers excellent counter top and storage space. Corian countertops with matching fiddles Molded under counter sink with stainless steel faucet Insink-Orator garbage disposal Kenyon (2) burner electric stove Sharp Grill 2 convection microwave oven Oster toaster oven Cuisinart 4 slice toaster Trash storage receptacle Nova Kool under counter separate refrigerator and freezer Built in stainless steel freezer in aft counter with Corian cover Multiple above and below cabinets and drawers Sliding mirrored door storage at counter level
- Quality built fishing machine with the well know Cabo build. Features include: Marlin tower with aluminum frame and ladder from cockpit side deck Upper helm with bolster seating and helm and seat covers Upper helm buggy top Full 4 sided bridge deck enclosure new 2012 air conditioned/heated helm and bridge deck area Molded fiberglass construction with superior gelcoat finish and premium vinlyester resins Solid fiberglass bottom Core cell foam core with upper chine to steer, vacuum-bagged for curing Hull finished inside with white polyester gelcoat Deck is molded fiberglass using polyester resin with biaxial stitched fabric reinforcement Premium quality molded-in white gel coat finish Premium quality molded-in non-skid surfaces Stidd adjustable helm chair with pedestal mount Bow pulpit with stainless steel anchor roller Port side bow self-draining locker with raw water wash down Stainless steel anchor chafe protection Stainless steel supports for hard top Stainless steel stern hawse pipes Stainless steel stanchions and deck hardware with (4) spring line and (2) bow cleats Lewmar electric windlass with power up and down toe switches Galvanized chain rode Plow anchor Stainless steel insert in white high density rub rail Tinted windshield with heavy duty aluminum construction Power vent in center section of windshield Hatches, lazarette and fish boxes are heavy duty gaskets and piano hinges Padded bolsters in cockpit with high density foam and white vinyl covering Cockpit floods Cockpit stereo speakers Tackle center Cockpit freezer Cockpit scuppers Cockpit in-deck storage boxes Transom door with top gate and stainless steel hinges and lock Underwater lights Quick release cockpit wash down, raw water on port and fresh water on starboard side Dock side water connection Cable and telephone dock side connections Molded fiberglass helm deck with large removable engine service hatch Bridge deck tackle and storage center on starboard side “L” shaped seating on port side of bridge deck and removable table and lockable rod storage Sliding companionway door Hot and cold cockpit shower Swim Platform available (now off boat and stored inside warehouse)
- Electronics & Helm
- Ritchie Powerdamp compass at helm Garmin GPS Map 6212 touch screen GPS plotter Brooks and Gatehouse Network quad including speedo, depth, and timer Furuno FCV 295 radar Furuno 48 mile open array radar on hard top Insignia Flat Screen for use with lap top computer at helm Standard Horizon remote VHF speaker at helm Standard Horizon Eclipse VHF with DSC at tower helm 2 ACR remote spotlights w/controls at both helms Bennett trim tab controls at both helms with trim tabs recessed Standard Horizon Quest GX-1500S VHF with DSC at helm Simrad/Robertson AP20 autopilot Sony stereo and speakers 3 electric windshield wipers Custom electrical panel with switches for electronics and navigation equipment at helm
- Cabo is famous for its detailed wiring and wiring systems. The photo of the panel wiring speaks for itself. 12/24 volt DC and 120/240 volt AC power Cabo electrical panel with Cabo distinct wiring Northern Light Generator, rebuilt 2011 with 100 hours 50 Amp shore power Glendenning Cable Master for power cord Dolphin 24 volt/50 Amp battery charger Sentry 12 volts/10 Amp battery charger Cruise-Air reverses cycle air conditioning/heat with SMX electronic controls Panasonic television with Trivia digital converter in salon cabinet Panasonic SA-PT673 five disc CD player/changer in salon cabinet Phillips Magnavox television with built in VHS player in master stateroom BOSE AM/FM/CD with surround sound in salon Tank Watch holding tank monitor in head (3) self-parking windshield wipers with heavy duty wiper arms Stainless steel 11 gallon hot water heater Central vacuum with hose hook up in salon and hose storage GFI protected electrical plugs throughout the Cabo 45 AC/DC lighting in engine room and throughout the Cabo 45 Dual trumpet air horns Sony Stereo system w/ JL Audio remote speakers and sub-woofer Bonded electrical system with transom zinc
- Engine Details & Mechanical Equipment
- The engine room is under the bridge deck and access is through a door in the cockpit. Well organized and clean, the engine room allows ease of maintenance. Caterpillar 3406 high performance 800 hp diesel engines Port engine 2700 hours, starboard engine 2700 hours Fresh water engine cooling Caterpillar engine instruments at lower helm Caterpillar engine monitors at lower helm with engine alarms Dual Racor primary fuel filters Glendenning engine synchronizer Electronic engine controls with backup cables Engine alarm system at tower helm Electronic engine control at tower helm ZF transmissions with 2.083:1 ratio and electrical trolling valves 2 ½ inch stainless steel shafts and dripless shaft seals 4 blade NIBRAL propellers High strength bronze rudders and struts Hynautic hydraulic steering at both helms Mechanical-Aircraft type braided fuel lines Engine driven emergency bilge pump with “Y” valve Palm Beach style helm console Oil changing system for engines, transmissions and genset
- Broker's Comments
- Mad Dog’s owner is moving to a smaller vessel and this fine 45 Cabo is ready to fish with a new owner. Many recent upgrades including a new enclosure and updated electronics make this Cabo a must see.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.