“Toucan” is a U.S. built and registered 2006 42’ Nordic Tug in exceptional condition and configured with “top of the line” options and features. The 42 provides that extra space that makes for comfortable living on board. Her Onan 11.5kw marine generator will keep the power on in the most remote location. Hours on the engine and generator are approximately 700 and 350 respectively. She is configured with cockpit, swim platform and the optional easy access aft door for water entry. Her preferred fly bridge configuration is ideal for good weather and warmer waters.
- Nordic Tugs, long noted for their beauty, timeless style, high quality interior, luxurious amenities and blue water safety and performance is one of the most successful yacht brands ever built in the United States. Owners of Nordic Tugs express a “pride of ownership” that is rarely found in yachting, which is demonstrated by their many regional owners’ clubs and rendezvous. If you are here, you probably know all of this. If you are not familiar with the Nordic Tug, you should read on. Her superior Nordic Tugs craftsmanship is evident in every detail of her interior and engine room. She features two spacious staterooms and heads, a navigation station, an elegant salon and a well-appointed galley. “Toucan” has the perfect configuration for long-distance cruising without sacrificing comfort or style. Her raised pilothouse features a comfortable lounge area for relaxing with the Captain while enjoying her panoramic views and direct access to her full side decks from port or starboard of the helm. Toucan's solid hull, 4’ 7” draft and protected props are ideal for cruising the Florida Keys, the Bahamas and Caribbean, the Intercoastal Waterway and the Great Loop. Remember, she was originally designed for North Pacific waters up to and including Alaska. She has easily adapted to New England and environs in the North Atlantic. Upgrades over the last year have been many but most prominently include new marine blue canvas all around, recently painted marine blue Awlgrip side stripes, a new second anchor roller and Rocna anchor with 250’ of chain, a new fly bridge settee and seat back cushions, new valances throughout the pilot house and salon area, a new 39” Samsung HD flat screen television, a new Panasonic S/S microwave oven and new engine and generator impellers and fuel filters. Her recent, late 2012 presale survey showed her in excellent condition. If you have an adventurous wanderlust and a desire to cruise the World’s oceans – all of them, then you must consider “Toucan” in any yacht purchasing decision. She’s ready to go and and we would love to show you around.
- This beautiful Nordic Tug is configured with two staterooms, each with separate heads. The Master V-berth forward is roomy with plenty of cabinet space, an en suite head, storage and a Queen Island berth for a comfortable evenings sleep for two. The single guest stateroom is on the port side just forward of the galley and aft of the master stateroom with easy access to the day head. In addition, the settee in the salon can be converted to accommodate up to two guests in comfort. Her comfortable and quality decor provides a very pleasant living space for all aboard. She is equipped with three separate zone air conditioning units, which provide plenty of cool air in warmer weather and when cruising in comfortable weather, her stylish Phantom door and window screens and pleated shades provide open air comfort and privacy.
- Hull, Exterior and Deck
- Oyster color w/ Blue insert and waterline Awlgrip painted the side stripe in Nov, 2012, marine blue Bilge pumps (3), auto/manual switch Pennant staff on bow rail Windlass: LOFRANS w foot controls SS anchor assy, sampson post, hand grabs, rails on cabin top Toast canvas cover for FB helm, seat, bench and controls Canvas covers for windshield, PH doors and windows, aft door Propane FORCE 10 SS bar-b-que grill Cockpit locker w side-by-side doors; cockpit hot/cold shower New canvas all around, marine blue PHANTOM roller screens on PH doors and aft, salon door Phone/TV dock connection Seawater deck washdown fore and aft Swim ladder built into swim platform QUICKLIFT dinghy davit system/WEAVER chock system
- 540 hp CUMMINS QSC 8.5-540 HO electronically controlled w/ RAYCOR #75 dual fuel/water seperator (470 hours) 30" propeller, 4-blade, LH Oil change system and Halon automatic fire suppression system in engine room
- Heating & Cooling
- MARINE AIR (3) heat/cool: master stateroom (12,000 BTU), guest stateroom/PH and salon (16,000 BTU) each Hot water heater, electric/engine
- New valance all around in main salon, 2013 New 39” Samsung HD flat screen TV, Feb 2013 Settee "L" w storage under, converts to berth Pedestal mounted, hi-lo teak table Teak entertain center w 20" flat screen TV, phone/TV outlet KVH satellite Dish TV; BOSE surround sound system Teak beverage cabinet w ice maker & CORIAN top Custom night/day pleated shades & fabric valance
- New Panasonic S/S microwave, Nov 2012 CORIAN u-shaped counter w SS double sink, faucet/spray head, sink covers SEA GULL IV water filtration system Refrigerator w freezer below, NOVA KOOL, AC/DC Cabinets: teak faced, teak doors and drawer faces 3-burner propane stove and oven, exhaust fan BROAN Trash compactor SHARP microwave Teak and holly sole Appliance garages w/ roll-up doors
- Tank monitoring for potable and waste water Navigation and computer center w file drawer under bench Main electrical panel, INVERTER monitor, genset control 2500w INVERTER remote control panel
- Guest Stateroom
- Convertible settee to double berth w storage above Hangup locker Corner cabinet storage w CORIAN top Vented clothes WASHER/DRYER Reading lights (2)
- Guest/Day Head
- VACU FLUSH toilet Vanity: SS basin, CORIAN counter top, storage Stall shower w bi-fold doors; SS towel rack, mirror Vinyl floor; Exhaust fan
- Master Stateroom
- Queen-size island berth w drawers under Port and stbd hanging lockers Port and stbd storage drawers BOMAR overhead hatch w screen and privacy shade Privacy bonnets over port lights Anchor locker access Reading lights (2), 12v fans (2) Phone/TV outlet
- Master Head
- VACU FLUSH toilet Vanity: SS basin, CORIAN counter top, storage Stall shower w bi-fold doors; full length mirror on back of door Mirror over sink; SS towel racks (2); Exhaust fan; Vinyl floor
- New valence all around in pilothouse, 2013 360-degree visibility Raised teak dash for instruments Teak overhead console and valences COMMINS DieselView engine instrumentation DANFORTH lighted binnacle compass 12v DC defrost (3) w 2-speed fan Windshield wipers (3), adjustable speed w washer systems Aft raised bench seat w pedestal table Starboard seating next to helm 12v SIDEPOWER Bow Thruster w joystick control Chart table w drawer; graphite laminate counter top 12v DC subpanel for instruments and electronics
- New flybridge settee full height seat back cushions, 2013 L-shaped bench seat w storage under Pop-up electronics panels; DANFORTH lighted binnacle compass Helm seat, mounted w adjustable height and slide Canvas bimini, covers for helm seat, instruments, bench Collapsible mast
- Pilothouse Raymarine E120 Nav Station (Platinum Chart Chip) w/ 2KW Radar DSM 300 Depth Sounder/Fish Finder Raymarine ST 6001 Autopilot w/ wireless remote Rudder Indicator Raymarine VHF/ICOM Flybridge Raymarine E80 Nav Station Depth Sounder/Fish Finder/Rudder Indicator Autopilot VHF/ICOM slave mic
- Mechanical & Electrical
- She is one of the first Nordic Tug 42’s to have installed the 540hp Cummins diesel engine, which offers a top speed of 16 knots and a cruise range of over 1,500 nm at 8 knots. 11.5KW ONAN 110V generator w/ Sound Shield (225 hours) 240 VAC 50 amp shorepower, 2-30 amp connections w/ 50' cords(2) House batteries: deep-cycle, golf-cart type (6) w/ battery boxes Start batteries: (2)w/ battery box (BATTERIES NEW JUNE 2012) Bow Thruster and Windlass battery w/ box 3-stage battery charger SEALAND macerator w/ overboard discharge Valance lighting Vinyl on overhead, upper walls and teak wainscot Recessed fender (4) storage in cockpit Fire extinguishers (3), 8" ship's bell Plow anchor w/ 90' chain and 3/4" nylon rode New 2nd anchor roller and Rocna anchor with 250' chain Changed engine and generator impellers, fuel filters, Feb 2013 Misc spare parts and filters
- Default Disclaimer
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- In transit to Anacortes, WA per Jim Wilkey on 7/26/2013.