- 50 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
Virtually New Boat at a Brokerage Price -Save over $150,000
Never titled, Warranty, Shoal draft, 3 staterooms, Optional In-Mast Furling Rig Available
The Hunter 50 Aft Cockpit is the latest evolution of the very popular 49.
Fast, Sleek, Comfortable and easy to sail and maintain.
A luxurious passage maker with a versatile floor plan for total extended offshore cruising, the Hunter 50 offers a complete range of live aboard accommodations and outstanding entertainment features.With an overall length of 49 feet 11 inches, plus a 14 feet, 5 inch beam and 6 feet 9 inches of salon headroom, the Hunter 50 is a BIG boat with impressive interior volume. Driving the Hunter 50's hull is a specially engineered sail plan that achieves maximum efficiency while maintaining the Hunter trademark of single-handed sail-ability, which is a great feature for a boat of this size. Components aboard the Hunter 50 include Hunter's famous mainsheet traveler arch, B & R rig, a battened full roach main sail, and two headsail options: single self-tacking jib or self-tacking staysail with overlapping jib. A dual-ended mainsheet allows adjustments from both the cockpit and companionway, and all sheets and halyards end at the cockpit
- Broker's Comments
- After sailing a Hunter 49 (now the 50) from Florida to Mexico in the St Pete to Isla Mujeres race, my opinion of Hunter products has forever changed. Not only was this Glen Henderson design super fast and extremely easy to sail, she was comfortable and sea-kindly even when the seas were 25' high with gusts up to 40 mph. The fine entry of the bow section allowed this boat to slice through the waves without pounding nor did this boat moan, grown or rattle as she raced to the finish. This sailing experience showed me first-hand that in 40 years, Hunter has come a long way in yacht construction, engineering and design since her early years as an entry level boat. Touring the factory further showed Hunter's commitment to quality, performance and value. How many manufactures are using kevlar in their hulls for greater strength and protection? The new Hunter 50 Aft Cockpit is the latest edition to this evolving line of quality boats. If you are considering a roomy 3 stateroom boat that is excillerating to sail, easy to maintain and an excellent value, seriously consider this Hunter 50. Don't take my word for it. Come see this boat and then let's visit the factory, maybe your opinion will change like mine did.
- In-Mast Main verse a Standard Main
- Is there a right or wrong answer? With this Hunter 50 you will have a choice of Rigs. In selecting a boat, everything is a compromise. Do you buy new or used? Do you finance or pay cash? Center cockpit or aft cockpit? With Main sails there are pros and cons to in-mast furling verses a standard rig. In the case of this Hunter 50, a standard rig was selected for its greater sail area, better performance, dependability, greater stability since there is less weight aloft and it is quieter than a slotted mast. With a Dutchman system, the mainsail is controlled without leaving the safety and comfort of the cockpit and will fall easily into a sailcover/bag on the boom. Mike Harker sailed a stock Hunter 49 around the world single handed and he chose a standard rig. What makes this accomplishment even more amazing is that Mike was a paraplegic from a hang gliding accident! With this Hunter 50, you can have the choice of a Standard Rig or an In Mast Rig. Which would you prefer?
- Manufacturer Provided Description
- A luxurious passagemaker with a versatile floor plan for total extended offshore cruising, the Hunter 50 offers a complete range of live aboard accommodations and outstanding entertainment features.With an overall length of 49 feet 11 inches, plus a 14 feet, 5 inch beam and 6 feet 9 inches of salon headroom, the Hunter 50 is a BIG boat with impressive interior volume. Driving the Hunter 50's hull is a specially engineered sail plan that achieves maximum efficiency while maintaining the Hunter trademark of single-handed sail-ability, which is a great feature for a boat of this size. Components aboard the Hunter 50 include Hunter's famous mainsheet traveler arch, backstayless B & R rig, a battened full roach main sail, and two headsail options: single self-tacking jib or self-tacking staysail with overlapping jib. A dual-ended mainsheet allows adjustments from both the cockpit and companionway, and all sheets and halyards end at the cockpit.
- Log-speedometer - Raymarine ST70 Autopilot - Raymarine ST70 TV set - Bose 26 Wind speed and direction - Raymarine ST70 CD player - Bose Cockpit speakers Compass Radio GPS Plotter - Raymarine E95 Wide Chartplotter VHF - Remote Mic at Helm Radar - Raymarine 4KW Navigation center Depthsounder Repeater(s) - Raymarine ST70 Tridata DVD player - Bose VCR - Bose Lifestyle 235 Upgrade
- Sails and Rigging
- Conventional Main Sail for better performance Stack-Pac for MAin Furling Genoa Furling 130% Genoa Electric Winch
- Hunter Factory Upgrades
- MARINER PACKAGE Engine Upgrade to 110 hp Alternator Upgrade, 120 Amp Bow Thruster Electric Rigging Winch Upgrade Freezer, Additional Front Opening Freezer, Additional Top Opening Inverter w/Battery Monitor System Mattresses, Upgraded w/Memory Foam Quiet-Flush® Head System Raymarine® ST-70 Package w/Autopilot and Remote, 3 Color Display Heads for Speed, Depth and Wind Refrigerator, Additional Front Opening, Stainless Steel Shade Package, Supreme Stereo, Bose®Lifestyle 28 Entertainment System Upgrade (Salon) Stereo, Cockpit AM/FM/CD w/Arch Speakers TV for Main Salon, Flat Panel
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Contact Listing Broker JOE ZAMMATARO, CPYB CALL ME NOW! EMAIL ME NOW! CLICK HERE TO VIEW ADDITIONAL HIGH DEFINITION PICTURES OF THIS BOAT Visit the following Links to my website. Click Here To View Featured Brokerage Deals Click Here To View My Personal Website Click Here to Explore My "How To... Guides" Click Here To Explore The Denison Yacht Sales Website For over 30 years, I have helped clients realize their boating dreams and many have become life long friends. I'd like the opportunity to earn that relationship with you. With extensive experience as a sailor, boat builder, yacht broker, businessman and a proven negotiator, I will provide you with sound advice and representation. You will find my practical experience and broad product knowledge insightful in comparing and evaluating yachts you are considering. If your goal is to sell your boat, my sales and marketing experience will help you to sell your boat quickly, for the most dollars possible and have the process be hassle free. A s one of a only 125 of the 3700 licensed brokers in Florida to qualify as a Certified Professional Yacht Broker (CPYB), you will be assured of honest and accurate representation and that your interests are always protected. Do you have a nice boat over 35' and over $100,000 that you'd like to sell? We have discounted slips available at our brokerage dock to give your boat maximum exposure. Put the power of Denison Yacht Sales' leading edge marketing campaign and me to work for you.