- 42 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Hours
EXCEPTIONAL... Would be a PUT-DOWN to "HEY JUDE"
She is a Ted Brewer design, built to cross Oceans safely and in comfort and look good while doing so. Her Owners of 18 years have maintained her to a standard that most Sailors could only hope to achieve. She has just returned from the Bahamas and is truly ready to go again. Her current Captain and Admiral are looking for a special couple to purchase their "Baby" and continue "Hey Jude's" sailing odyssey.
Please take a few extra minutes to review her complete specifications and current pictures. You'll quickly see just how special "Hey Jude" is!
This Broker's opinion: The FIRST ready and able Buyer to see "Hey Jude" will purchase her.
- Hey Jude has 2 cabins and two heads, and an exceptionally spacious salon & galley. When you step into the cockpit you are in the center of an area that is large enough for 10 people. Walk forward down the companionway into the large main salon. To port is the galley then the L shape settee, which doubles as a queen berth, then a custom teak bulkhead mounted dining table with shelved storage behind, the large forward head is situated for access from the main salon or from the queen size v berth. To starboard of the companionway is the nav station with built in seat and custom teak nav table, then forward is a large single settee/berth with a separate cabin/cocktail table. The closet/pantry is forward and as you enter the V berth there is a large hanging closet. Exceptional storage is available everywhere. Main Salon settees have storage below and comfortably seat 6-8. The new salon cushions are of subtle fabric, which enhance the entire boat. The cabin sole has been upgraded to custom inlaid solid teak with access below. The interior wood finish is hand rubbed varnished teak. The interior cabinetry is updated with many custom features. 22x22 Opening hatch and all new opening ports. 3 Reading lights and nav table light. 12v fans for ventilation Galley is to port of companionway which allows the cook to be part of the party. Double stainless sinks, hot/cold pressure water, foot pump salt water, dish drain, 110 volt outlet, 12v fan, newer Seaward three burner propane stove with oven/broiler with cutting board cover, 700 watt microwave built in, New 14'x17' opening hatch above stove, 1X20# and 1x10# aluminum propane bottles in aft deck vented locker, Seaward remote solenoid, LP gas control, Adler Barbour 12volt refrigerator/freezer with cutting board lid. 2-12 volt strip lights. Abundant drawers, cabinets and lockers allow for ample storage Master Stateroom is accessed by starboard walkthrough or cockpit companionway and has athwartship queen berth with bulk storage below; bookshelves, drawers, cabinets & hanging lockers, new (7"x14") ports, ladder access to cockpit. 12VDC fan for ventilation, (2) reading lights, 110 volt outlet and 6'2" standing headroom. Aft stateroom is equipped with VHF accessible from below or at helm seat in cockpit. Access to a private large head with vanity, sink and shower from Owners aft stateroom. Forward Stateroom is a huge V-berth with bulk storage below; large shelf & hanging locker, drawers, and cabinets port and starboard, new (6"X14") opening porthole, new 22"X22" Bomar overhead hatch, 110 volt outlet, 12V fan for ventilation and 6'3" standing headroom. (2) 12V reading lights. Head Compartments are large forward and aft with vanities, hot & cold pressure water, mirrors & storage in cabinets; New Par toilets 2 manual, handheld shower w/ 12VDC sump pump aft; 110 volt GFI outlets, new 7"X14" ports, solar vents. 6'2" standing headroom. Heads are designed for holding tank or direct overboard discharge with Y valves. Washer in guest forward head. Cockpit has a full surround seating area with covered 2" closed cell foam cushions, and ample storage in sail locker and built in ice cooler. The steering station is pedestal mounted centerline. Forest green Sunbrella bimini w/ rigid aluminum frame, Strataglass dodger and a full cockjpit enclosure (2009) which create another living space in any weather.
- Raymarine ST 6000+ autopilot @ helm Garmin 545 GPS/chartplotter @ helm and handheld for backup Speed, depth, wind gauges Quest VHF at Nav station ICOM M710 Ham/SSB at Nav station with auto tuner aft Pactor 3 modem for e-mail Weather fax through SSB Apelco VHF in aft cabin companionway for use in cockpit 7" compass @ helm Blaupunkt AM/FM/CD stereo Philips 14" flat screen TV built in VCR built in
- The engine has its own starting battery and the house batteries can be combined with the starting batteries if needed. High capacity alternator keeps the charging time low. Link digital E meter allows for monitoring of charge and consumption rates so you know the condition of your batteries at all times. (2) 12V, 4D 220 AH AGM house batteries 440 AH (1) 12V, 4D 220 AH AGM starting battery 220 AH 100 amp high-capacity alternator ProSine 2500 watt inverter / 100 amp charger E meter digital battery monitor 110v Electric panel 12v Electric panel Switched 110 volt shore power system (2) 50' Shore power cords 30amp 125v Four Winds wind generator located on mizzen mast (2) 85 Watt shell solar panels
- Engine room is located amidships with access from double doors at the starboard walkthrough. Engine room is huge and insulated for sound and well ventilated for heat and fumes. Engine hours 5200 Ford Lehman 80 HP diesel with SS shaft and 3 blade prop Borg Warner transmission new in 96' (2) Main fuel filters (2) Racor fuel filters with switching valves Lever throttle control at pedestal Hydraulic steering 16K BTU AC unit w/ 2 air handler: 12K BTU main salon/V berth and 4K BTU aft stateroom Little Wonder 200 gpd watermaker Dripless shaft seal (2011) Prop reconditioned (2011) New S/S shaft (2011)
- Plumbing Systems
- Aft deck pressure system for rinsing off after a swim! (2) Water tanks approx. 100 gallon each, 3rd tank is used for watermaker Pressure fresh water system Foot pump salt water system 110v Water Heater 6 gal and engine heat exchanger
- Painted hull (2009) and deck (2005) Bottom painted 11/2012 Trinidad SR - NEVER any blisters! Solid non-skid fiberglass decks (12) Opening ports (3) Opening hatches Fore and aft companionways with wood and acrylic hatch boards Port & Starboard amidships lifeline gates Transom swim/dive ladder Transom fresh water shower Rub rail
- Ground Tackle
- 45# Delta anchor w/ 125' 5/16" HT chain & 150' 3/4" nylon rode 45# Danforth anchor w/ 75' 5/16' HT chain & 150' 3/4 rode 35# CQR spare with 30' 5/16 HT chain & 150 3/4" rode aft Lofran electric windlass (chain or rode) NEW 2010 Bow rollers Masthead anchor light Spreader deck light
- Safety equipment
- Sea Anchor w/ bridle rig and turning blocks (2) Electric bilge pumps Manual bilge pump Coast Guard safety package (flares) Jack lines Fire extinguishers Fog bell Emergency tiller (2) Epirbs Lifesling Plastimo 6 man liferaft certified 2003 Search light
- Sails & Rigging
- Batten Mainsail with 3 reefing positions (1995) Batten Mizzen with 2 reefing positions (2004) 130% Genoa on roller furling (2004) Cruising spinnaker with sock and sail bag Aluminum spars Mack sails with forest green Sunbrella covers (2013 Sunbrella) (2) Lewmar 2 speed Main halyard winch Lewmar 2 speed Main halyard winch Lewmar 2 speed Jib/Spinnaker halyard winch Lewmar 2 speed Mizzen halyard winch Lewmar Genoa furling winch Running backstays Spinnaker deck hardware and halyard Profurl roller furling (New 2004) All standing and running rigging has been replaced Chainplates replaced 2004 All new Norseman fittings 2004 Lifelines replaced
- Additional Equipment/ Features
- Caribe 9'6" RIB w/ Yamaha 15 HP outboard Propane BBQ grill Fenders and lines Full complement of cruising spares All manuals and tech notes on board 2011 Survey available for review
- Owner Comments
- "Hey Jude" is a monohull ketch designed for the "open" seas which sails exceptionally well as a center cockpit full keel boat and her low lines are beautiful. She has been owned and sailed to the Bahamas, Caribbean, South America and all around Florida with just my Wife and myself over the last 16 years. She can be handled by two or handle a crowd. This boat was built in Ft. Myers, Florida. She has a lot of beautiful custom interior upgrades. The wind generator and solar panels have the capacity to keep the batteries completely charged by themselves. All hoses, heat exchangers, belts, filters, pumps and necessary valves were replaced/rebuilt in 2010. Tons of spares. I don't think you can find a better layout for cruising and/or living aboard.
- Brokers Comments
- "Hey Jude" has been maintained to a standard not often accomplished. The boat is spotlessly kept inside and out. (Think toothbrush and Q-tip clean!) and her custom interior teak work and exterior brightwork are truly a sight to see. There is absolutely nothing about this boat that says 1980! If cruising the Bahamas or Caribbean is in your future plans you owe it to yourself to see this exceptional Whitby 42! At her asking price she is absolutely the nicest 42 on the market today. Please allow us the opportunity to introduce you to "Hey Jude" today.
- Owners personal items not listed here are not a part of this sale. The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of this vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyers desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Available for co-brokerage on a 50/50 basis. Brokers outside of Florida contact office for details. Listed by a CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL YACHT BROKER Click for more info