Just launched...an uncompromised small yacht that's one of only two Limited Edition Downeast 29z's available for model year 2014. You will not find a higher quality small yacht, as evidenced by (1) high tech construction which makes possible 3 NMPG at 25 knots and (2) fit and finish which is the same as MJM's flagship 40z. Stidd piloting seats, Raymarine e125 touch screen display, autopilot, radar, overhead hatches, 300 HP Volvo-Penta D4 Aquamatic, 4 cylinder diesel with duoprop sterndrives capable of 33 knots top speed.
- MJM Yachts & Design
- MJM Yachts is a South Carolina LLC, founded in 2002 by Bob Johnstone, who also founded J Boats, Inc. the leading performance sailboat brand worldwide with 13,000 boats. Boston BoatWorks of East Boston is the sole licensed builder, providing exceptional service assistance and a unique high-tech building process based on more than 35 years experience building custom racing sailboats. 168 MJMs have been sold since launching 34z #1 in 2003 The "Z" stands for Zurn Yacht Design, MJMs designer. Doug Zurn and Bob Johnstone jointly created the signature MJM down east look which is patented under US D475,338S. That MJM "look" is a blend of Bob's favorite powerboats: A Carolina sportfish flared bow; the large side openings and sightlines of a Matthews cruiser, the tumblehome of an Adirondacks speedboat and the open pilothouse and single level deck of a Maine lobsterboat. The hull is designed to be narrower than the powerboat norm for easier handling, trucking by road without chase cars, less resistance for fuel efficiency and greater stability in cross seas. This modified deep "V" starts out with a 50 deg. deadrise at the cutwater tapering to 17 degrees 2/3's aft and then a constant at 17 degrees to the transom... thus providing greater stability at rest, less drag, better fuel efficiency and better tracking in following seas than dated deep "V" designs. Sophisticated lifting strakes and chine flats redirect wave energy out and down to provide a stabilizing force to counteract roll, introduce air under the hull to reduce resistance and produce a dry ride.
- Hull & Deck Construction
- Dark Majestic Blue Awlcraft 2000 topped with 3 coats of Clear. Exceptionally strong composite of wet prepreg E-glass, KEVLAR and epoxywith a 60:40 ratio (glass to resin). vacuum-bagged to 2116 lbs per square foot and oven post-cured at 145F. High tech water-resistant structural foam throughout, Corecell in hull and 1” AIREX C70 in deck with Penske Core and G10 hardware reinforced areas. Solid unidirectional E-glass/epoxy GRP centerline keel/backbone with structural grid and anti-collision stem to minimize damage from grounding. Certified by IMCI as CE Mark (ISO) Offshore Category B vessel, the highest classification for a boat under 40 feet. Micron Extra Anti-Fouling Bottom Paint w/PropSpeed on props. Exceptionally strong and rigid, FRP molded windshield frame. Transferable 10-year osmotic blister warranty. Cook “Armor Flex” gelcoat deck w/sand-textured buff non-skid Single level deck from wheel to transom seat avoids trip hazards.
- Deck Hardware & Features
- Deck hatches are fitted with scuppers to drain overboard, gasketed to prevent water from going into the bilge and with lockdowns. Teak decking in pilothouse 3-Sided Cockpit Cover Swim platform with Armstrong custom ladder and Scandvik h/c shower, Fully-opening windshields with safety glass and electric wiper/washers. Transom door to swim platfrom Stidd 500N Low-Back Admiral Recliner Piloting Seats on adjustable pedestal that lowers to allow chairs to swivel 360 degrees for living room setting. Removable, varnished teak single-leaf table w/dual locations in pilothouse and belowdecks in main cabin. Stainless 1-1/4” bow rail with spotlight and 16” teak burgee staff. Muir windlass with self-launching Lewmar claw anchor w/250’ rode/Chain and high-pressure fresh-water, chain/rode washer operable from helm. Deck drains to gray water system and out transom…avoid hull stain. Heavily reinforced custom bow chucks and deck cleats. 16 SS safety grab rails. Over cabin trunk & hardtop (4) and under (3), on windshield frame outside (4) and inside (2), at companionway & console (3). Cockpit sole locker fenders and docklines. Large pilothouse settee lockers w/mesh storage bags for mountain bikes, hard luggage, golf clubs, inflatable dinghy. 8 hatches & opening ports with Ocean Air combo shades/screens...more fresh air and light than any 29-34 footer we know of. 3x5 American flag with teak staff and retainer pin.
- Varnished teak-rimmed Edson 24" destroyer wheel. Volvo Penta electronic steering control Raymarine P70R (rotary) Autopilot Control Lenco electric trim-tabs with console control. 360 degree panoramic sightlines. Dual piloting layout with console havng gray anti-glare top surface Ritchie SS-2000 4.5” flush-mount, high-performance, Supersport compass Hinged companionway cover with fiddle doubles as chart surface underway. AFI Stainless Dual Trumpet Electric Horn Raymarine E125 Hybrid Touch plotter w/integral WiFi for iPad. 350W Airmar Gemeco depth sensor with i70R multi-function display Raymarine 18” 2 KW radar Raymarine 218VHF with RAM at helm
- Volvo Penta 300 hp D4 4 cylinder, common-rail diesel with electronic EVC display Volvo-Penta’s DPH stern drive with counter-rotating Stainless Steel props with underwater exhaust Side-Power SE40 Bow Thruster with joystick 500 Series Racor fuel filter 118 gallons diesel fuel capacity in coated aluminum fuel tank Seafire automatic fire suppressant system in engine compartment. Lectrotab trim tabs.
- LED lighting throughout w/overheads on dimmer switches. 505 Ampere/Hours of absorbed glass-mat battery capacity. Bonded electrical system and underwater fittings w/galvanic isolator. 120 Volt AC Shorepower w/Promariner Inverter/Charger w/50' 30 Amp Cord Pressure hot/cold water w/5.3-gal.heater, 58-gal. fresh water tank Automatic electric bilge pumps (2) and manual emergency pump (1) Vacuflush head, 10 gal holding tank w/ overboard macerator discharge. Gray water sump for shower, icebox and AC condensate. MarineAir 7,000 BTU Air Conditioning with Reverse Cycle Heat Fusion MZ AV700 Stereo System, Amplifier, MP3/IPod Jack, 2 Bose Cubes in Saloon and 2 Cockpit Speakers Hella Turbo Fans (2) on Forward Bulkhead
- Interior Layout
- Wrap-around lounge with bolstered ultraleather upholstery. V-berth filler panel & cushion to convert lounge to large double. 2 poly dry storage bins under settees. Head/shower w/floor drain into gray water sump pump... mirror, towel rings, shelf for towel storage and sliding cherry cabinet for toiletries, etc. Deluxe cherry planked hull siding, framed forward bulkhead with storage shelves having cold-molded fiddles above berths Gloss varnished teak & holly cabin sole. OceanAir dual privacy pull shades & screens for all ports and hatches. Corian counter-tops. Off-white, foam backed vinyl headliner. Hanging locker with outboard storage shelf plus clothing hooks (3) Teak companionway steps with tool or shoe storage compartments.
- Polished SS sink Drawers (3) for flatware w/Rubbermaid organizer, utensils & rolled goods Isotherm 3 cu. ft. front opening fridge/freezer. General Ecology Seagull water purifier. Princess single burner ceramic cooktop Frigidaire 0.9 cu ft. microwave Flip panel access to Rubbermaid trash bin
- Loose Gear
- Black docklines (4) fleece covered fenders (4) and fender pump. USCG package of 12 life vests, flare kit, first aid kit and fire extinguishers. West Marine Boatyard tool kit and boat hook 3x5 US ensign on varnished teak flag staff Deck brush, sponge, chamois, bucket & cleaning supplies.
- A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.